• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestions for the anime series

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Don't forget, that pokemon was not a kids show in the past, if your wondering where I got that idea I got it from here.

I'm gonna say this in the nicest way I possibly can:

What the Fudged up Caramel Waffles?!!?!?

I know Pokemopolis, and trust me, they are just a group of freaky perverts that have nothing else to do except find the double sense of everything in Pokemon

In other words, you just looked very silly claiming that site.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    But, the Japanese version has to have been for people 13 or older.

False.

Japan has a more openness, for lack of a better term, of sexuality, language/curse words/etc...(in some aspects. an entire essay could be done on the differences). But it is in no way some mature show. It does not deal with deep topics like religion or politics, nor is it graphic sexually, violence, etc...

It's still very much a kids' franchise, the entire Pokemon franchise. To say otherwise is a complete delusion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I know its not going to happen, but I'd love to see something like this. UK residents will know what I mean when I point out the example of Doctor Who and Torchwood.

An anime spinoff show aimed at teens would be great....but NO hentai. Seriously, what if it included the pokemon? What if it included a muk?

*SNORT* Or an ekans. Or a tentacruel. Man, why does everyone associate pokemon hentai with that? Seriously, bestiality is disturbing if I do say so myself. Why can't there be normal heterosexual hentai? Although, I guess too much explicitness might make the spinoff's storyline suffer. But something NC-15 would be nice, like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Or even if there's no sexuality, something thematically serious for a change.

no, it wasn't. People think this because of things like James's boobies in "Beauty and the Beach" which was a-ok in japan, but banned here. That's just because they have different standards of what is "acceptable" for young kids to watch and imho, they've got it right. If I'd seen that when i was ten, I would have wet myself. In a good way.

randomspot555 said:
    Japan has a more openness, for lack of a better term, of sexuality, language/curse words/etc...(in some aspects. an entire essay could be done on the differences). But it is in no way some mature show. It does not deal with deep topics like religion or politics, nor is it graphic sexually, violence, etc...

Wait a second, I always thought the Japanese are as conservative as any other asian nation? Sure westernization might have introduced a bit of liberal values, but it is still a conservative society in general whether it be the cities or the rural areas. And I'm sure their national tv stations have significantly less violence and sexuality in their programmes than the US.

I don't agree with their view that sexual innuendos is acceptable for kids, if that really is the Japanese's view. 12-13 year olds on the cusp of puberty is ok. but 11 and under? Meh, I think I would have been grossed out if I saw the inflatable boobies at 10. Or I wouldn't have gotten what the joke was either way.

Just wanted to point out to people who have been going on about the OP's OOCness with his story: Pokemon isn't known to be 100% faithful to characterization with any of the characters either just so you know.
    And since when has be brought in any aspect of his storyline other than a widespread epidemic from the other thread? Please, if you're going to flame him about the main characters dying or what not in his original post, please do it in the other thread, don't cross-post between threads and address things that aren't stated in this thread.
    Sorry, didn't realize he edited his main post. Now it's tl;dr >.<
    Anyway, even if you don't agree with whatever he's saying and you're just trying to tell him his dream isn't going to come true, just post once and stop replying to him and get on with your life, geez.

OP: While it is nice that you have ideas for what should happen if you were to write the storyline for Pokemon DP, please keep this thread more of a discussion for others to participate in and discuss what they might hope to see develop in the Pokemon series if they happened to be incharge, instead of making the thread focus on yourself and an advertisement of your ideas. If you just wanted to talk about yourself and your ideas, that can go in a blog or personal space, not a discussion forum. Or even better, go and actually write the story and post it on ff.net. So please edit your first post, or risk having your thread being rendered offtopic - and possibly shut down by a mod.

ΩGodotΩ said:
    I know Pokemopolis, and trust me, they are just a group of freaky perverts that have nothing else to do except find the double sense of everything in Pokemon.

I think they're just trying to inject humour and be funny in their sypnosis. But yeah, personally, I don't think their analysis was meant to be taken as truefax or anything.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    *lol insomniac on the internet at 4:30am XD*

Wait a second, I always thought the Japanese are as conservative as any other asian nation? Sure westernization might have introduced a bit of liberal values, but it is still a conservative society in general whether it be the cities or the rural areas. And I'm sure their national tv stations have significantly less violence and sexuality in their programmes than the US.

I don't agree with their view that sexual innuendos is acceptable for kids, if that really is the Japanese's view. 12-13 year olds on the cusp of puberty is ok. but 11 and under? Meh, I think I would have been grossed out if I saw the inflatable boobies at 10. Or I wouldn't have gotten what the joke was either way.

I thought it was Japan that was more liberal? Their main religion is much more liberal than conservative Christianity, so they're more accepting of this stuff? That's what I've heard, anyway

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Wait a second, I always thought the Japanese are as conservative as any other asian nation?

It isn't a conservative/liberal issue. It's just in some aspects, the culture is more accepting of certain words.

For example, a swear word here for, well, the PG version would be "crap", that isn't considered a swear word in Japan.

But that's not the point. There's this misconception out there that the "dubs" take out all that makes Pokemon edgy and k00l. Where the fact is, it's a kids' show in Japan too. Instead of making a double entendre, they might show some cleavage. That's it. That's the extent of how "mature" Pokemon anime is in Japan.
    Pokemon isn't known to be 100% faithful to characterization with any of the characters either just so you know.

There's a difference in out of characterization, and mistakes. People make mistakes. When a fictional character makes a mistake, that isn't an out of character moment. It's just a dumb mistake.

But there are some things that, as the character is currently established, won't happen. Paul would not all of a sudden start taking care of someone else's Pokemon Nor would he join Team Galactic or be a rival to Team Galactic. He isn't evil. He's apathetic. He doesn't care.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    It isn't a conservative/liberal issue. It's just in some aspects, the culture is more accepting of certain words.

Or imagery.
    But anyways, having watched a variety of their teen and older animes I guess their culture just has a different standard for what's acceptable for each age group compared to the West. I don't think it has anything to do with religion. More like social attitudes towards certain topics. Well I don't know, sometimes I'm just confused by the different degrees of conservativeness displayed between animes and shows with real actors.

There's a difference in out of characterization, and mistakes. People make mistakes. When a fictional character makes a mistake, that isn't an out of character moment. It's just a dumb mistake.

But there are some things that, as the character is currently established, won't happen. Paul would not all of a sudden start taking care of someone else's Pokemon Nor would he join Team Galactic or be a rival to Team Galactic. He isn't evil. He's apathetic. He doesn't care.

Well as you said it, people make mistakes. Or sometimes occassionally do something OOC for once. I'm sure as long as there's a good explanation for Paul's actions (i.e. his motivation) of what brought him to do something out of the ordinary it would be ok. Of course he wouldn't suddenly do all those things as you said, but nothing is impossible as long there's motivation. The trouble is, the OP hasn't written any story for us to judge if it really is OOC, it's just a looooooong list of plot points and until we've actually read the story, we can't judge if the character has been made OOC or Mary-Sueish by the OP.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    OP: While it is nice that you have ideas for what should happen if you were to write the storyline for Pokemon DP, please keep this thread more of a discussion for others to participate in and discuss what they might hope to see develop in the Pokemon series if they happened to be incharge, instead of making the thread focus on yourself and an advertisement of your ideas. If you just wanted to talk about yourself and your ideas, that can go in a blog or personal space, not a discussion forum. Or even better, go and actually write the story and post it on ff.net. So please edit your first post, or risk having your thread being rendered offtopic - and possibly shut down by a mod.
    Alright I'll create a topic, where you can post your ideas for future Pokemon episode's and movie's, but the question is in which forum should I post it in?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Why would the series need a bounty hunter, we already have 3, and they are Team Rocket.....

It could be cool, but not to this season. the show doesn't need any more bounty hunters, but if the gang will travel to another region(hopefully Johto), I hope they will add a bounty hunter to that region as well.
    I just thought of something nice- maybe that bounty hunter will still ash/dawn/brock's pokemon just after the pokemon league or the GF is over, and will fly off to his "home region", so the gang will have to follow him.

Yes, but only if it's an older region like Kanto or Johto, and with someting to compete in like a battle frontier, if it's a new region, then Ash will have to compete in the pokemon league there, and it would have to be generation 5, to go along with a new set of games......

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Team Rocket, doesn't steal pokemon for money.

Have you ever watched the show?

"After we catch Pikachu, we'll get raises and funding and expense accounts and stock and money!"

Something like that is said in almost every episode.

They aren't stealing Pokemon due to a personal vendetta. They're doing it for money.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    Have you ever watched the show?

"After we catch Pikachu, we'll get raises and funding and expense accounts and stock and money!"

Something like that is said in almost every episode.

They aren't stealing Pokemon due to a personal vendetta. They're doing it for money.
    I thought they were doing it to get on the leader of Team Rockets good side, or something like that?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    I don't think bounty hunters are needed. Pokemon has Team Rocket and Hunter J. If they needed anyone else, he/she would have to be way better this than Hunter J and Team Rocket are.
    That's what I was talking about (I Think) in post#32:P.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2018
    Did you read her post? >.< She suggested to make this thread into a general thread for ideas for the anime. ?Maybe PM/VM a mod to get the name changed a little and edit the first post.
    No need, I've just changed the topic, a few hours ago.
    In a previous post you said:
    The Bounty Hunter topic is currently not active. If it becomes active again, I'll merge it too. If you plan on writing a fanfic then you posted in the wrong section.
    The Bounty Hunter topic is now currently active. So you can merge the topic to this one now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Ok here's the deal, Pikachu is the main pokemon protaganist in the series.

I.E. No matter how strong or professional the bounty hunter/thief, they will never successfully capture him/her/it. Neither will they be successful in capturing any pokemon if Ash & Co. are nearby because the heros will always save the day.

And no don't even try dissing JJ&M just because they provide the comedic relief and are unfortunate enough to always be near where Ash is. "Better" professionals like Butch, Cassidy, Attila & Hun have all tried and failed. So, no whether if it's Team Rocket, Galactic, Magma or Aqua they will always fail all of them.

False Flag

Anime/Manga Junkie
    Years
    We already have Pokemon Hunter J as a bounty. She is awesome and so is her Drapion. All we need is for her to show up more often. Best villian in the anime series so far (not counting the movies of course.).

Back