• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    Ty... that connection would be worth the annual $960... XD
    Exactly. ;_;

Simon, 24 is a real-time TV show. As in, there's 24 episodes in each series, and each episode resembles an hour block of the 24 hour day. Get it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kylie-chan said:
    I try, everyone except for my father and brother try, she promised she'd give up by February this year, but that flopped. ._.; If she had a lot less stress she could probably give up.
    Just don't stop trying then, if you keep at it, eventually she'll quit.

Years
    Mihara said:
    When I was younger my mom uset to get these really weird nosebleeds when she smoked, stuff like that never got her to stop. But then again...she's had cancer, a tumor and she's had each twice and each time she got past it. The only thing that bothers me about her smoking a lot is that my lungs suck, they're good for football and stuff so I can run fast enough...but the slightest hint of smoke will make it hard for me to do anything.
    Lol, I got an allergy ta smoke because of dad's smoking. ^^;;

Wow, tch, yar mom's lucky ta have had cancer an' gotten it removed before it spread.
    Tch, my dad had a tumor on his brain an' is now an idiot, an' my grandma had breast cancer but got it removed before it spread... tch, then she died of a headstroke this spring. XD

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Mihara said:
    Just don't stop trying then, if you keep at it, eventually she'll quit.
    I've been trying to get my mum to quit for several years, to no avail. I hate it when they use the excuse 'You've gotta die of something'... that's just, ugh. I can't believe a person would throw their life away like that and pass it off as nothing. But then again, it isn't really my business.

My stepdad's case is much worse, he constantly has coughing fits and hacks every other minute, and his arteries are blocked. He's tried to quit many times, but failed each. Even if he is an ***hole, it's kinda distressing to have occuring in my household.

Kylie-chan said:
    Then Ty... don't complain... I would pay a lot more for that connection... XP
    I'm still on my $50~ /month dialup connection, I'm not complaining~

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    When people set a time to quit...they usually don't quit. It's probably best for them to take it a few days at a time, one less every three days, or go a few extra hours without them each day. If they keep doing that for like a year it'll eventually get better, just as long as you don't se dates, that can ruin everything and give the person more pressure to be done by a certain time.

Pory - The smoke just makes it hard for me to breathe, I start coughing up blood if it gets bad enough, but that's only when I'm around it for hours on end in a room where the smoke can't get out. But it has happened, not fun. And I'll usually get a migraine from just the smell of smoke.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I get a migraine from the smell of smoke, too. Can't go in the laundry because of that.

Well, she *was* getting better, then she relapsed back into her old habits.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    Yeah... I've given up hope on that... I've tried praying to pleading to drawing smoke-free area signs and sticking them up...
    *blinks* What?

Oh yeah... according to my grandma, my great grandpa died from smoking. So they put this huge... thing beside his bed and drained all the tar out of his lungs into it. My gran took mum and my aunties in to see it, as it was apparently disgusting. Guess what? None of them quit.

I usually can't breathe very well around the smell of smoke, but that's usually it. When I was an asthmatic, I couldn't stop coughing around smoke. I grew out of that though, thankfully.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kylie-chan said:
    I get a migraine from the smell of smoke, too. Can't go in the laundry because of that.

Well, she *was* getting better, then she relapsed back into her old habits.
    So was my mom...she doesn't smoke as much anymore, and usually when she smokes around me I'll literally take the thing out of her hand and crush. It's okay if she doesn't care enough about her own health, but she isn't going to put that on me.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    It annoys me a little bit that she knows I have asthma - and my brother - and when we walk down the street and she's smoking I get a migraine and I cough. She's also an asthmatic, and she's pretty high risk for heart disease at the moment.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Mihara said:
    So was my mom...she doesn't smoke as much anymore, and usually when she smokes around me I'll literally take the thing out of her hand and crush. It's okay if she doesn't care enough about her own health, but she isn't going to put that on me.
    Lol. To the point, I like that.

I often can't escape it altogether, but my stepdad installed a fan that points out the window in mum's room so the smoke doesn't spread through the house, and when I'm in the car - which is rare - they usually blow it out the window, so it doesn't irk me as much as it used to.

My stepdad coughs, like, every 5 seconds, as I said above. Personally, I'm surprised he's still alive.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkPegasus said:
    Blah, I am also suprised that my mom is still alive... She smokes a pack a day.
    Same, it doesn't do anything to her really O_o It guess she's use to it, but eventually I know what's going to happen to her. Which is why I try and stay away from her when she smokes.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    My father is the same, Ty. ._.;
    Has your father had pitch black lungs for the last 20 years? (Well, at least that's what the stepdad tells me his doctor said 20 years ago.) It doesn't help that my stepdad's an alcoholic too. <_<; I feel cursed to live in this household sometimes - the rest of my family is a lot more fortunate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back