• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    My moms ex/boyfriend drinks...and a lot. It gets to be a real problem to deal with him when he's like that. And my mom's lungs are getting to the black point, I remember when I was younger she had to have them "cleaned" or something.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Mihara said:
    My moms ex/boyfriend drinks...and a lot. It gets to be a real problem to deal with him when he's like that. And my mom's lungs are getting to the black point, I remember when I was younger she had to have them "cleaned" or something.
    Cleaned? O_o Ick.

I don't really care about my stepdad either, but he IS a part of my immediate family, so it has to be my business.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    My father hasn't smoked for like 5 years... And he never drinks(only on special occasions, and then very little). My mom on the other hand smokes for 25 years now, and she also doesn't drink alchohol(at all).

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Digital Phoenix said:
    Cleaned? O_o Ick.

I don't really care about my stepdad either, but he IS a part of my immediate family, so it has to be my business.
    Yeah, they blast her lungs with air that was some sort of medicine on it. It can only be done a few times, and she has toned down since then, but she still smokes alot more than she should.

Same, I don't care that he drinks, I just get annoyed that he gets in my face when he drinks. He's a real hassle to deal with like that.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Mihara said:
    Yeah, they blast her lungs with air that was some sort of medicine on it. It can only be done a few times, and she has toned down since then, but she still smokes alot more than she should.

Same, I don't care that he drinks, I just get annoyed that he gets in my face when he drinks. He's a real hassle to deal with like that.
    Smoking itself is smoking more than one should.

And my stepdad's exactly the same. O_o He always looks out to start arguments and yell at you when he's drunk, which is one reason I like to pretend he doesn't exist. Mum refuses to let me get involved when he starts yelling at her though, so I can't exactly say anything anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkPegasus said:
    Blah, you americans have the most easyest lives, and the biggest problems XD
    *lives in America but isn't American* That could be the furthest thing from the truth I have ever heard. You should go to inner cities and see how bad some places are here. I've seen kids that have to live in homes that have been knocked down by storms and have no money to get the homes fixed. Kids that don't have any parents, kids that no one wants to help. Living in America is anything but easy.

My mom won't do anything if he gets in my face about it. I have to deal with it myself, she doesn't want to let him go.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Then, Mihara you should visit my country... Only the region I live in is fully devoloped, we have residual radiation from the US anti-tank depleted uranium shels, destroyed cities, refuges, a whole region under UN control, should I continue?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    DarkPegasus said:
    Blah, you americans have the most easyest lives, and the biggest problems XD
    I'm Australian, and my life is anything but easy. But I'm naturally a happy person, which is what keeps me going.

Mihara said:
    My mom won't do anything if he gets in my face about it. I have to deal with it myself, she doesn't want to let him go.
    Again, it's the same case for us. Except that mum can't let him go - she needs him for financial support. Sad reality. It's one reason why I want a job, apart from for the personal spending money, that is.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkPegasus said:
    Then, Mihara you should visit my country... Only the region I live in is fully devoloped, we have residual radiation from the US anti-tank depleted uranium shels, destroyed cities, refuges, a whole region under UN control, should I continue?
    It was a different time when those test were done and not something that would be done again. If people knew the outcome, they wouldn't have done them in the first place.

And I came from poverty myself, I use to live next to a dump colony where people made their homes in landfills, where children would die from not getting the food they need. You should consider yourself lucky to be where are, like you said, you live in the most developed area in your country. Cities can be rebuilt, but where I came from we never had cities to rebuild in the first place.

Not saying your country is any better than mine, but you have to remember every country has it's problems, even America, it's not as easy to live here as people think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkPegasus said:
    Hm, it's the mosts devoloped area because we have electricity/phones, and there were no test here, in 1999 there was a war.
    BTW, what country is it that you live in?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Normal pay? ...Not exactly sure what you mean. O_o But my mother is on the dole/pension, and gets about $250 per fortnight (2 weeks), I think it was. And another $200 per fortnight for child support.

Australia hasn't had many conflicts with nature. The problem here is that it tends to cost more to live here than, say, America. Mainly because of GST (goods and services tax, IIRC) and whatnot. But that's political, so eh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    My mom makes about that a month from child-support, the rest she gets is from disability.

DarkPegasus said:
    Serbia and Montenegro... Your country attacked my. And I know that you don't know the reason, atleast not the real one.
    First of all, I am not an American so America is not my country. And if I recall, was it not during the cold war when it happened? A lot of countries were breaking the pact that had just been set up a few years before about having bombs without reporting them to the UN. I'm not sure, but it was seen as a threat or something back then, but back then most of the world was stupid as well.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    Blah my father gets 130 $ for the whole month(he works 10 hours), the child support is 30 $? (less than 20 eur), but my mom makes 500 a month(she is a president in a company). And 650 $ ain't enought for living here.

Edit: Mihara, you are a long way from truth, it happened in 1999, and we can't sue Americ(and NATO) because The HAAG Tribunal "isn't" a war tribunal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The money my mom gets is just enough for the rent here. The rest is usually coming from me and my dad, whenever he feels like giving money aside from child-support. Most governments don't give enough money`, and it's usually because they don't have the money so you can't blame them really.

Edit - Oh, that was a mistake or something I think. Can't make it look good at all, whoever signed off on it, and it wasn't the president at the time, really messed up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back