• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer jobs?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    If I may, I'd like to quote Homer J. Simpson. "Marge, I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory."

I'm sorry. I just read what you wrote and it reminded me of that.

Now to make sure this isn't SPAM... I don't see how or why experience would hurt. O_o
    I dunno, maybe it wouldn?t help get a job if your r?sum? was filled with places you got fired from? Meh, I dunno anything about work! XP I?ve always, since I was very little, measured myself to my mother?s old job, and thought that?d be the minimum I could make to?well, live comfortably. I think that still affects me today, heh?

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    I work as a checker at a grocery store. o_o

when I was a little kid I was like "YEAH!! this is what I want to do! it looks so fun!! scanning things, making the scanny sound! whee!"

now it's like.. eh x_x;; it's not really that bad, and it is something to pass the time~ but customers! you have to greet each of them and say "have a good day/night" when they leave... that's probably the worst part, just having to interact with hundreds of people each day. plus, "the customer is always right" PSH WHAT. I wish it wasn't true, but it really is. they can argue themselves into getting something cheaper because "they saw the price on a sign" or something like that, and out of fear of losing a customer, you pretty much have to do what they tell you.

you also have to memorize produce codes. once you learn them all it isn't so bad but when you're just starting and have to look up almost every single thing... bleh!

money is money though! video games! DVDs! music~!!

Back