• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summer Vacations 2006

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    (don't know if there are any other threads like this one, so plz close it if there are)
    i've been hoping to go on a trip to toronto for awhile to visit my old friends. but so far, it doesn't seem like my parents care about going anywhere far this summer. so, as bored as i am, i created this thread to read with jealousy:P at the people (people like you) who have been lucky enough to have gone on a great vacation. XP

so where are some of the best places you guys have gone to this summer?

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    I went to Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. I live in New Mexico.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I just recently got back from a trip to Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, and then Dallas. My really good friend from England, who I've been pen-pals with for nearly 4 years, came to visit me with her parents on July 2nd and stayed for two weeks! ^_^

They first stayed for a few days at a hotel near my house, so that they could meet my other family members and see what my daily life is like (Reeeaaallly exciting...) and then I went with them to all of the other different places that they wanted to check out. Some included the Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk in Houston, going to the beach in Galveston, the Schlitterbauhn (I think that's how you spell it...) water park, Sea World, Six Flags, and a bunch of other places. It was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad I got to meet her! We got along so well, so now I know for sure that she's definitely one of my best friends.

My grandfather's also planning a cruise for us and some other family members, but that'll be later this year. I can't wait for it, though! *_*

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Quoting the blog on a youth summit I attended a few days ago....

Yes, folks, I went to the summit. And I have pictures, which I'll show you once the boring verbal synopsis is out of the way.
    The day began with me climbing into the vans — yes, John the reverend was coming with us again! — and volunteering to navigate again. This time, however, the same junior high students that went with me to the camps at Donegal two years ago, the ones that held a mortal grudge against my friend Tom, were coming as well, and they were in the same van as me. When everyone was settled in, we decided that it was time to bypass New York completely and reach the end of the Garden State Parkway before heading east again.

The last time I went up, we took a bus and there was not much leeway for the group due to another faction coming with us and there being no access to the radio. This time, though, it was time for an iPod war. John had his turquoise iPod with oldies in tow as a threat to the company that sat with us all the way up, whilst this company had John's daughter's iPod on them and managed to cram it into the receptor before John went in and as a result got their chance to annoy us with comedian skits, Chamillionaire's 'Ridin'', and a slam song named 'Date Rape'. The war only ceased at the two stops we made along the way, the first at the Asbury Park services to wait up for Elliott and the second on Route 3 in Rhode Island. Of course, waiting for Elliott denied us the opening ceremonies and half of the introductory games and also complicated workshop and dorm registry.

I turned out to be in Group 9, the same number I was tied to when I went up in 2004. In it was a violence counselor, a college student bound for California, and a girl that had wrangled through a divorce and crack habits of her mother, among other people. This group, however, was somewhat more vague to me as they tended to keep in small groups themselves, yet we still were capable of laughter, especially when we attempted to create a string of 'ha' and 'yo' sequences but eventually succumbed to natural laughter.

This year was very different than the one before overall. Firstly, there were only two workshops, one led by a youth staff member and one led by a presenter, both held on day three. The ones I selected were 'Connect Fore', a seminar on initating and maintaining a conversation, and 'Root Causes of Sexual Violence', an investigatory seminar on sex crimes and how magazine articles and ads (one FHM article distorted feminists completely) fostered such situations (I was one of only two boys that entered the second seminar, and the other slept it out). Secondly, the dance on night three was commuted to the campus as the park had been closed due to a thunderstorm. And the Warm Fuzzy Board remained (one notice asked whether you 'chuck or husk' corn, and during the conference I received eight fuzzies, five of which were found on day three), yet in my group 'secret fuzzies' were never assigned, although a few girls opted to create circular notes for the rest of the members. We did, however, have a few things remaining intact. Firstly, we had our four presenters:
    • Covin Perkins told us stories of a childhood in which his imagination, even when restricted by his mother, was unruly. He was active in the Youth-to-Youth programmes for some time and even led an improvisation workshop.
    • Tei Street was evidently proud of her figure of a short and 'voluptuous' woman, as she said her husband liked his women back in her day. She went on to explain her obsession with stunts such as those of Harry Houdini — toss into a pool with arms bound by rope, anyone? — and had it culminate in a story of taking skydiving lessons. She was able to turn this story into a motivational piece of material. As James would say, 'ten out of fantastic'.
    • Robert Petrocelli is someone you can really call a survivor of tragedy. As explained in one of his books, he was sleeping with his wife Ava when he was thrown out by a drunk driver that had crossed a motorway median and careened into the house, smothering Ava. This, coupled with the emotion he put into his stories of coaching sports teams in Texas and Brooklyn, nearly drove me to tears — again, if someone had told me that this would happen prior to the conference, I would have thrown them from the room as well.
    • Javier Sanchez was the liveliest of all. First he started by leading the congregation in a rap assisted by his friend, and then he introduced us to his two children in the forms of pictures, cellphone recordings, and the tale of his son Mateo charing out of the bathroom after a long sojourn to scream 'Introducing, Naked Boy!'.
    The sports session was also in place on day two, although this took place during the afternoon. I managed to get a bit of swimming in that time, as the water was not as cold as it was the previous year. Still in place, also, were the jives and group games such as 'Ride that Pony' and 'Shake Your Booty'; I have pictures of the games in action below as well as explanations. And yes, the energiser rounds and the world-famous Dexterity Checks were back, in the same fashion (five claps, five more, three more, three more, then arm cross ('We'), arm extension ('are'), clap ('drug'), fists back ('free'), and three fist thrusts ('unh, unh, UNH!')). And as before, time would be invested in a map that I drew of a town. This time it was called Margaret, situated east of the map of Ilfracombe that I drew the year before. I 'officially' completed it at the end of the dance on night three, had one of the adult staff photograph it for the CD and inal presentation, and, once the closing ceremonies were through, handed it and an old colour relief I had drawn over to a youth staff member named Hayley, one I'd known ever since the 2004 conference.

The trip back was along the same route, and for good reason, too: I learned today that Interstate 95 had been cut off by the collapse of a dummy missile. Still, it took so long that it wasn't until midnight that I finally returned home last night and slept once the rap music and the PC updates were cleared up.

Last edited:

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    YoMama said:
    I have to go back August 9. :(
    YoMama, the topic is asking where you have gone on vacation so far this summer, not when you go back to school. Please try to stay on topic...

As for me, I haven't gone on vacation anywhere yet. My parents don't want to spend money on anything this summer since college is costing them so much...

But a couple of my friends and I are planning a trip down to Hershey Park in Pennsylvania near the end of August. I've been there before, but it should still be fun~

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    I just recently got back from a trip to Houston, Galveston, San Antonio, and then Dallas. My really good friend from England, who I've been pen-pals with for nearly 4 years, came to visit me with her parents on July 2nd and stayed for two weeks! ^_^

They first stayed for a few days at a hotel near my house, so that they could meet my other family members and see what my daily life is like (Reeeaaallly exciting...) and then I went with them to all of the other different places that they wanted to check out. Some included the Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk in Houston, going to the beach in Galveston, the Schlitterbauhn (I think that's how you spell it...) water park, Sea World, Six Flags, and a bunch of other places. It was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad I got to meet her! We got along so well, so now I know for sure that she's definitely one of my best friends.

My grandfather's also planning a cruise for us and some other family members, but that'll be later this year. I can't wait for it, though! *_*

you're so lucky!!! first a trip around texas, then a cruise!!!!! *dies in room without anything to do*

Years
    I'm going to Corpus Christi next week, we're going to the beach on wednesday, stay in the hotel for one night(its $150 a night, so we can only stay one night), and go the aquarium the next day, then go home.

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
    I returned from a trip to Israel about two weeks ago, shortly before the fighting started there. I had a really great time, though, and I got to see some relatives whom I've not seen in years and some whom I've never met before. I may be going out to California as well sometime in late August.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Yeah, Israel and Lebanon are still at it big time. I wish the WOT would stop, but its probably no going to anytime soon.

Anway, about a week left now for me. I'm so nervous about eighth grade.

mvtm

Years
    I got to a trip all around Europe on spring. I wanted to go to a summer school and to the rolling stones concert on nice,france with my cousin. I coudnt... my brother arrived here ! and i have to be here until Sep 12th till they hand me my Italian passport ( yeah i have 2 nationalties..xD)

I think although, That i will go to Canada and USA^^^^

I just wish i could go to la instead of Pittsburgh >><<<
    I definetly want to go to California or Boston!

KAAPOW

the new pink
    Years
    • Age 31
    • oz
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    We went to South Carolina like we always do, and we're going to Maine soon for whatever reason. Been hanging around with my friends too. I'm getting headshots done soon so I can start auditioning for commercials and movies when school kicks up. So yeah, I'm having tons of fun.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I didn't really go anywhere yet, besides Pennsylvania. But I did go to the Pokemon Tenth Anniversary party and I took photos and bought a Plusle PokeDoll.
    Best. Trip. To. The. City. Ever. (although there was also that time my friend and I were VIPs at the Museum of Natural History. That was awesome.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I was going to go to Texas to visit some relatives earlier this summer,but it..got postponed >_o

I did just get back from Cedar Point a few days ago.I had a great time (( I got on my first roller coaster D: ))

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    I went camping with my friend Cody at Salisbury Beach for a few days and got a HORRIBLE sunburn (got it 3 weeks ago and its still peeling, eww).

On monday, August 7, I saw BLAZE "Ya Dead Homie" IN CONCERT! I'm still aching from the mosh pit! That concert was amazing! I forget the two guys who opened for Blaze, Boondox, and Axe Murder Boys, but they were great, and i moshed. Then, Axe Murder Boys came on, and their music was so bad that I couldn't even mosh to them. But then Boondox came on and i moshed like it was my last day on planet Earth! I almost didn't have the energy to mosh to Blaze after Boondox played. but i did, and IT WAS THE BEST CONCERT I'VE EVER BEEN TO THAT HAD A MOSH PIT! (You really can't compare pit and non-pit concerts, their too different.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    A few weeks ago my family took our annual roadtrip down to visit friends in New Jersey. That was pretty boring...especially since, instead of coming straight home, we stopped in the Pocono mountains for a few days.

Then...tomorrow I leave for a trip to Saskatoon for a few days and then Tuesday I fly down by myself to Colorado to visit with a friend for a bit until next Sunday. And then that's it for vacations. XD

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    My friend and my aunt took a "Feild trip" to California together. We went surfing and went to Disney Land. (Powerofpikachu came with me = my friend)
    When I came back to Massachusitts, we went to Water Country, Canobie Lake Park, and went up to New Hampshire 'Cause it's REALLY nice up there right now and we have a summer house up there by the beach.

Back