• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Pokemon Rumble

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • So, since there is no thread on this specific Pokemon Spin-Off game, I like to know what you guys think about this game :) I have bought this game 2 years ago and I think it's a very fun addition in the Pokemon Spinoff Games, maybe even one of the best :)

Basically, Super Pokemon Rumble is a game about battling with a lot of different Pokemon. The Pokemon in this game are not like we are used to, this time Pokemon are depicted as "Toy Pokemon" and you have to fight your way in the Toy world and collect all possible Toy Pokemon to battle alongside them against enemies and even Boss fights (legendary Pokemon).
    You can battle in a team consisting of 3 Pokemon you already have collected, or you battle with almost every single Pokemon you have collected in some Boss-battles, but you also battle on your own through numerous and fun stages, bursting with other Toy-Pokemon to collect.

However, each Pokemon can only learn up to 2 different moves. This is maybe a slight limitation but in my opinion it isn't even necessary in this game to have up to 4 moves like we are used to. The battle can be pretty intense and stressful, and you may get attacked by more than 5 Pokemon at a time, while you face almost every battle on your own. It would be too much of a hassle to remember which move to use at the right time and which button combination you should use.
    It is impossible to "level up" your Pokemon in Super Pokemon Rumble. Instead, you have the opportunity to raise the level of Toy Pokemon appearing in different stages and you simply have to raise this level multiple times to obtain higher-levelled Pokemon. This also count for battling against "Boss" Legendary Pokemon.

Therefore, interacting with a Mii character several times, and meeting other Mii characters around you, even may unlock some events to obtain more special Toy Pokemon like Mew.

In case some people want to try this game out, I won't reveal the entire story-line, but for those who have the game or planning to try it out; what do you guys think about this game? Do you want to try it or is it simply not satisfying enough for you? Do you like the game or wasn't the game like you expected it to be?

Please let me know ;)

Years
  • Mmm, this was my first 3DS game, and while I did find it more enjoyable than the first Pokemon Rumble, it's not one of my favorite spinoffs. I liked that it actually had more of a plot than the first (which was basically "become the strongest Pokemon") and that you could obtain all released Pokemon, but other than those I felt it lacked a lot of replay value. After beating it, I never once thought of trying it again, and eventually ended up selling it. It was a cute concept, but it wasn't good enough to keep my interest :<

Flow So Gorgeous

Flipping Awesome
    Years
  • I think it's good. Way different from every other Pokemon game, but good. I would have loved it more if i was longer, but I think that only happens if a game is fun enough for me to want that.

Back