• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

blue

gucci
Years
  • The currently untitled fourth installment of the Super Smash Bros. series is an upcoming game that was first announced at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011. It will be developed for both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS consoles, and it has been confirmed that the titles will have some form of connectivity across platforms.

There is relatively little information on this but discuss!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'm really glad they're putting this on both WiiU and the 3DS as well as allowing them to connect between one another.

Sakurai tweeted a couple weeks ago that they JUST started development and are currently browsing for characters to include, so it's probably going to be a looong time before we hear anything.
    Maybe we'll get a little something at E3 this year, but i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I hope they include some new characters introduced in 2011/12, it's most likely we will see a new diverse mix of characters actually but I'm happy to wait and see how this game unfolds.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • Old news for me, but I can't wait! I'm glad it's being released for the 3DS, don't want to jump on the band wagon for the WiiU right away, pikmin 3 has almost thrown me over the edge alone.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • GROOOSE AS CHARACTER PLEAAAASE

Nah, but that would be cool. I'll defs play the hell out of it, gotta love me some smash bros. I'd also like to see some characters released as dlc, as proof that nintendo is 'keeping up with the times'

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • As hyperbolic as this is going to sound, this is the game that I've most been looking forward to since I can remember. I have no idea how the connectivity between 3DS/Wii U is going to work, but I'm certainly looking forward to it. Ditto with respect to the characters, stages, potential first-person adventure. I know it's going to be a long way away, but I can't see my anticipation for this game diminishing any time soon. :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've been following this game on GameFAQS since last E3. If there is no playable Ridley (Metroid) this time around, I will be sorely disappointed in Nintendo as he's perhaps the most popular and most important character from a major Nintendo franchise that hasn't been included in SSB yet. XD

I'm also hoping to see Isaac (Golden Sun), Vaati (LoZ), and an expansion on the Pokemon Trainer idea. Also, I know it's a longshot ,but I'd really like to see Volke (the Fire Emblem assassin currently decorating my avatar and signature) in the game in some capacity.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I actually wasn't aware of this game until just this week, I loved Super Smash Bros. on the Wii so I'm sure I'll get both and enjoy them!

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • I've been following this game on GameFAQS since last E3. If there is no playable Ridley (Metroid) this time around, I will be sorely disappointed in Nintendo as he's perhaps the most popular and most important character from a major Nintendo franchise that hasn't been included in SSB yet. XD

I'm also hoping to see Isaac (Golden Sun), Vaati (LoZ), and an expansion on the Pokemon Trainer idea. Also, I know it's a longshot ,but I'd really like to see Volke (the Fire Emblem assassin currently decorating my avatar and signature) in the game in some capacity.
    How would a playable Ridley in SSB even work?

Back