• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Melee 2

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    swordkirby537 - Just because a game is on a Nintendo system, doesn't mean it made by Nintendo. In the case of Banjo Pilot for example, it's just licensed by Nintendo. It's being developed by Rare and THQ is publishing it. All Nintendo has to do is license the thing.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    swordkirby537 said:
    I know there chances of being in a game are unlikely but Im just saying that it would be neet to see them. I know that they are licensed by other companies.

Also, about Banjo-Kazooi, there is a new game in the works for Game Boy Advance called Banjo Piolet. Nintendo must still have rights to that series.
    Banjo Pilot was started before Rare went to Microsoft. They were going to scrap it but THQ wanted to make it so they let them. It was originally known as Diddy Pilot but Nintendo made them take Diddy Kong out when Rare went to Microsoft and THQ started work on it. >.> And it is spelled Kazooie.

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    Shadow said:
    Banjo Pilot was started before Rare went to Microsoft. They were going to scrap it but THQ wanted to make it so they let them. It was originally known as Diddy Pilot but Nintendo made them take Diddy Kong out when Rare went to Microsoft and THQ started work on it. >.> And it is spelled Kazooie.

Well if THQ is working on the game then that means that they have the rights to it, not Rare. Besides, Nintendo is making more Donkey Kong and Star Fox games without Rare.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Blaziken would be really cool to add in there....... But all of this is just a fantasy...... a long time ago (I was about 8) I sent a E-Mail to Nintendo asking for somthing (I don't remember, all I remember is that It was requesting a sequel to somthing.) and they said: "sorry, Bla Bla Bla ...... etc. so we cannot do that."

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    swordkirby537 said:
    Well if THQ is working on the game then that means that they have the rights to it, not Rare. Besides, Nintendo is making more Donkey Kong and Star Fox games without Rare.
    No Rare owns the rights, they just let THQ make the game. Making the game and owning the rights to a game is completely different. Like how Donkey Kong 64 was made by Rare, but all the characters in it belong to Nintendo, and how Square-Enix did most of the work on Kingdom Hearts but all the characters (except a few) belong to Disney. Banjo-Kazooie belongs to Rare, but they are letting THQ make Banjo Pilot instead of scraping it.

Something I'd like to see in Super Smash Brothers are playable some basic enemies such as Koopas or something. Or they could put Kooper from Paper Mario in it. Bombette/a random Bob-Omb would also be an interesting character to see playable (hurts itself more then Pichu XD).

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    Ye forgot about the Donkey Kong Country series as well ;)

Well I dunno, Pac-Man may slightly have a chance of being in it, for the sole reason that Nintendo, Sega and Namco DID join together to make an arcade company Triforce Entertainment I think...

And well Sega is Nintendo's right hand man now so Sonic just may be in it. If he is, they should also put in Tails and Knuckles.

And they certainly do need more Kirby characters, King Dedede, Meta Knight, etc.

I dont know if they'll have any more Pokemon, they may though because of the not-so-new-anymore R/S series. But I mean they already have.. Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo... I dunno they may be able to fit some newer Pokemon in it, Jirachi or Deoxys maybe... I hope.

I dunno, they can only have so many characters in one game, ya know? I mean I dunno if they'll be able to add like 3 more characters to each game series they already have included plus like 5 or 6 new series' with about 2 or three characters from each. They might though.

They better not come up with some cheesy bad pun for a title like Super Smash Bros. Threelee or something, I'd have to shoot myself. But I doubt they will. They'll either go with SSB3, SSBM2, or Super Smash Bros. (insert some cool fighting game-related word thing here) or something. I guess thats sorta off-topic though.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    The most characters I've seen in one fighting game is Marvel vs Capcom 2, with an impressive 56! yes, 56, playable characters.

Mind you, if the next Smash Bros game is as detailed as the current one, I wonder if they'll have enough space to add more characters? I reckon they'll probably lose a few of the Melee characters, probably the clones, and swap out with some other characters. I'd like to see DKC characters like Dixie or Diddy Kong :-) Wait, that's just another clone... probably. Dixie's very different to Donkey, that's for sure. For one, Donkey doesn't wear a skirt... ;-)

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    jokestr2004 said:
    I dont know if they'll have any more Pokemon, they may though because of the not-so-new-anymore R/S series. But I mean they already have.. Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo... I dunno they may be able to fit some newer Pokemon in it, Jirachi or Deoxys maybe... I hope.
    jokestr2004 said:
    I demand Blaziken added! but who knows, mabye Nintendo will realease The new melee on DS! It would make tons of more money For the realease of the DS!

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
    Years
    I dont know, I just personally doubt they'll have Blaziken in it, without the additions of Sceptile and Swampert as well... Blaziken is a good fighter though, so there's a small chance.

And, well I dont think I'd like the idea of an SSB game on the DS... though it may help the sales of the DS, I think it'd be inferior to a home console release. It'd make for a weakened multi-player mode, which is one of the key qualities of the series. It'd be fine if they did release an SSB game on the DS, as long as they made one on a home console as well.

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    I realy hope they dont add anymore Pokemon characters. Now dont go yelling at me saying that I dont like Pokemon because if I didnt I wouldnt have joined PC. I just think that 4 is enough. Same with the Mario and Zelda characters. Although I'd have to make an exception for Wario. He has starred in quite abit of games already. Also, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned wanting to see Bomberman. He would be pretty cool also. I'll add him to my list.

List o' Characters
    Megaman (Megaman)
    Bass (Megaman)
    Zero (Megaman)
    Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Pac-man (Pacman)
    Pit (Kid Icuras)
    F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
    Meta Knight (Kirby)
    King Dedede (Kirby)
    Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
    Wario (Super Mario Brothers)
    Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble)
    Bomberman (Bomberman)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Bomberman would be a great character, but his moveset would be horribly limited. all he does in his home game is walk around and lay bombs. It'll be hard to incorporate that into a 3D fighting game. XD

hmm...What is this game "Kid Icarus"? maybe I should do a bit of research on it. I remember getting Pit's trophy in SSBM, but I know nothing about his game.

swordkirby537

Captain of the Cheese
    Years
    Kid Icarus is a fun action/adventure game for the NES. You play as an Angel named Pit. He is on anadventure to rescure princess Paulutena and stop the evil Madusa from destroying Angel Land. As you progress through the game Pit collects various wepons such as bow & arrows to hammers, and learn acouple spells too. If you liked the orginal Metroid for the NES, then you'll like this game aswell. There is also Kid Icarus 2 for the GameBoy. If you wanna know more info about Kid Icarus, here is a pretty good fan site that has alot of details anout the game. Kid Icauru Shrine

Anyway, I just thought of some characters to add to the list. Davy from the Chameleon Twist series for the N64.
    And Cubivore from Cubivore: Survival of the Fitist for the GCN (he has a trophy in SSBM).

SwordKirby537's List o' Characters
    Megaman (Megaman)
    Bass (Megaman)
    Zero (Megaman)
    Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
    Pac-man (Pacman)
    Pit (Kid Icuras)
    F-Type (Stunt Race FX)
    Meta Knight (Kirby)
    King Dedede (Kirby)