• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. (SmaBura) Thread

Favorite SSBM character?

• Mario

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Luigi

• Dr. Mario

• Peach

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong

• Samus

• Ness

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fox

• Falco

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Captain Falcon

• Kirby

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Link

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Zelda/Sheik

• Young Link

• Ganondorf

• Pikachu

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pichu

• Jigglypuff

• Mewtwo

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Marth

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Roy

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Ice Climbers

• Mr. Game and Watch

• Total voters
    Years
    So what if we like uber characters? ;;

Anyway, I like alot of characters. I like Link, Pikachu, Zelda, Roy, Jigglypuff and Kirby. They're all fun to play with. I'm okay with them too. :3
    However, I'm not the best by no means. I did a SSBM tournament once... I was stomped by all of the experienced players. XD

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    LOL in the old ssb, fox IS perfect....don't believe me,master all his abilities and use him...if you're good at the game you'll never lose...

in ssb melee,a tie with link and roy...(oh and you can't say I only pic favs...in both,I try with all characters and almost perfectly excell with everyone!!(exept donkey kong....he's just useless to me,as a character,ally,and foe...)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I think I'd preffer Link but it's between Link and mario cause I'm really good at both of them

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
    I can kick butt with any character who weilds a sword. Roy, Link, Marth and young link. In that order. -Kirby doesen't count.- I also like Pikachu and Kirby and Mewtwo. Zelda/Sheik are my fav. girl characters. I rock with Capt. Falcon.

I Stink with Falco, Fox, Ice Climbers, and Ness. I HATE DK AND BOWSER!!!

Now, Uber= Super = Good characters. What are some examples of uber characters?

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    My fave character SSB Melee
    1) Mewtwo
    2) Pikachu
    3) Starfox
    4) Link
    5) Ice Climbers

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    As a note, I enjoy playing as, and can defeat level nines with nearly, every character. So do not even begin to assume that my choice is based solely on my skill level with that character.

That said, my oft-used (for home tournaments and what not) are Ness, Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Roy. Roy has been my best character for years now, and I've been defeated by my older brothers Marth for just as long. Recently I did some research and learned a few interesting facts. Although Roy has stronger throws, a more powerful charged B, and a better Up-B, Marth is superior in every other attack and statistic (I believe its every stat). As a note, based on the attack, Roy has an exponentially better counter, too.

Roy users should take this into account. Also, it has been established by a very in-depth study by some folk that the three greatest characters in terms of stats, abilities, and move combinations are Fox, Sheik, and Marth.

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    Dactylus said:
    As a note, I enjoy playing as, and can defeat level nines with nearly, every character. So do not even begin to assume that my choice is based solely on my skill level with that character.

That said, my oft-used (for home tournaments and what not) are Ness, Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Roy. Roy has been my best character for years now, and I've been defeated by my older brothers Marth for just as long. Recently I did some research and learned a few interesting facts. Although Roy has stronger throws, a more powerful charged B, and a better Up-B, Marth is superior in every other attack and statistic (I believe its every stat). As a note, based on the attack, Roy has an exponentially better counter, too.

Roy users should take this into account. Also, it has been established by a very in-depth study by some folk that the three greatest characters in terms of stats, abilities, and move combinations are Fox, Sheik, and Marth.
    whoa there dude....do people REALLY get scientific about the game?!!!I'm not trying to be negative at all,but....you just play the game and kick butt....I mean...I'm good as well with Roy,(as I too put three level 9 computers and just fight,.....)and I've seen alot of tournaments,.....and notice,that they sometimes do lots of wrong things in finals....I myself don't enter,cuz you're forced to get serious,and I like to have fun....I COULD BEAT THEM,....but I'd wanna have fun as well....

my point is is that although I'm amazed that you took the time to gather the information of SSBM,......it's a total waste of time for me...nothing personal.....^_^

Years
    Kirby! w00t! He has always been my favorite character!
    I won a tourny with Kirby once. It was halarious because everyone was saying, "Why the hell hasn't that Kirby died yet?!" LOL
    I'm sure when Brawlcomes out my favorite will be Meta Knight.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    whoa there dude....do people REALLY get scientific about the game?!!!I'm not trying to be negative at all,but....you just play the game and kick butt....I mean...I'm good as well with Roy,(as I too put three level 9 computers and just fight,.....)and I've seen alot of tournaments,.....and notice,that they sometimes do lots of wrong things in finals....I myself don't enter,cuz you're forced to get serious,and I like to have fun....I COULD BEAT THEM,....but I'd wanna have fun as well....

my point is is that although I'm amazed that you took the time to gather the information of SSBM,......it's a total waste of time for me...nothing personal.....^_^

People do, I don't. I gathered the information within twenty minutes, since it is at large on the internet. I'm skeptical about your "skill". You say you like to have fun by putting three level nines on the field and battling. Surely this the most intense fun one could have on super smash bros. alone.

Yet when you see tournaments, you do not enter because one would need to get serious? And you fight three level nines for fun and won't fight humans because of this? Hm. Although I won't pursue that point anymore, I also need to note that you really shouldn't be so arrogant. Try fighting in one of these tournaments and you'll find that your mind won't always have the time to find the exact perfect move for any given situation; and if it does, there is often not enough time to complete it.

And one last thing. Why do you watch tournaments instead of entering them? My point is that it seems like a total waste of time, nothing personal. All witty banter aside, please don't take my tone as harsh or angry, I'm merely speculating as to whether you're exaggerating the truth at all. I'd really rather not turn this thread, so if you want to continue this conversation (which I shall not ask you to nor should you feel pressured to), just PM me, buddy.

NOTE: Any of you can head to google video and search for "ken marth" to come up with a slew of videos depicting matches against Ken (Marth), who is one of the world championships. May I suggest a match against Isai? He's another champ. Just a suggestion in case you're bored.

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    Dactylus said:
    People do, I don't. I gathered the information within twenty minutes, since it is at large on the internet. I'm skeptical about your "skill". You say you like to have fun by putting three level nines on the field and battling. Surely this the most intense fun one could have on super smash bros. alone.

Yet when you see tournaments, you do not enter because one would need to get serious? And you fight three level nines for fun and won't fight humans because of this? Hm. Although I won't pursue that point anymore, I also need to note that you really shouldn't be so arrogant. Try fighting in one of these tournaments and you'll find that your mind won't always have the time to find the exact perfect move for any given situation; and if it does, there is often not enough time to complete it.

And one last thing. Why do you watch tournaments instead of entering them? My point is that it seems like a total waste of time, nothing personal. All witty banter aside, please don't take my tone as harsh or angry, I'm merely speculating as to whether you're exaggerating the truth at all. I'd really rather not turn this thread, so if you want to continue this conversation (which I shall not ask you to nor should you feel pressured to), just PM me, buddy.

NOTE: Any of you can head to google video and search for "ken marth" to come up with a slew of videos depicting matches against Ken (Marth), who is one of the world championships. May I suggest a match against Isai? He's another champ. Just a suggestion in case you're bored.
    yes!!!exactly!when you play alone,you just have fun!!!but when you play in tournaments people are like"oh!!!wow!!!)stuff like that...really annoying...and sometimes when I go to some,I notice that when one peron gets hit,...people are like oooohhhh!!!....that gets on my nervs,even when I'm not playing....catch my drift?....if not,then I dunno what to say to you....and sorry...I didn't know people didn't have fun with the game.....-_-

Edit:wow...I saw the Ken marth thing....that just goes to show that he is only the best IN RECORD.....I'm not saying I could beat him though...I'd probably come close,cuz I know how to get outta the multiple grab thing...but that's just the same of how my friend plays......I hate grabbing,but....I could fare against it,and spam me out for bragging....I don't like to brag,but what can I do?.....and I never said the guy was bad either....I said he was better than me....ok?....

Last edited:
    Back