• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. (SmaBura) Thread

Favorite SSBM character?

• Mario

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Luigi

• Dr. Mario

• Peach

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong

• Samus

• Ness

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fox

• Falco

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Captain Falcon

• Kirby

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Link

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Zelda/Sheik

• Young Link

• Ganondorf

• Pikachu

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Pichu

• Jigglypuff

• Mewtwo

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Marth

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Roy

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Ice Climbers

• Mr. Game and Watch

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2007
    I believe I like Link, since he mixes a good speed. size, and amount of power, making him a formidable opponent and a competent person to play with, in my humble opinion.

Roy also has the same qualities, but with more power, which makes him a good player in my eyes also.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    yea I know what you mean,but when I look in my records,....mario is top....so I think I'm naturally best with mario...OR I have hidden talents with him...who nows...

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
    Hands down, Marth. He's fast, strong and he's got a sword. Plus, he's from an actual RPG!

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    Fun Ways to play Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl

If you have any fun ways to play Melee and also Brawl (just in case this thread is still open when Brawl comes out!) I have some.

Slay the Dragon
    Mode: Special Melee (Stemina)
    Players: 2 Humans, 0 Computers
    How to Play:
    One human is Bowser. The other human is Link, Young Link, Marth, or Roy (in SSBB, any other characters that have swords if Stemina Mode is still available!) The swordsman tries to slay the dragon (Bowser.)

Sword Fight
    Mode: Special Melee (Single-Button)
    Players: 2-4 Humans, 0 Computers
    How to Play:
    All humans are people with swords. Each player tries to kill the other swordsme/an with his/her sword. Since all swordsmens' "A" Button attack are sword attacks, there is no bombs, grabbing/throwing, ect. (unless you use items.)

Those ways are better with NO items on.
    What do you guys think about those? Do you guys have any ways?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Top 5 for best:

1) Marth/Roy
    2) Link/Young Link
    3) Mario/Dr. Mario
    4) Pikachu
    5) Luigi

Top 5 for favorite:

1) Roy
    2) Young Link
    3) Marth/Link
    4) Mario/Dr. Mario
    5) Luigi

The ones with slashes are ties.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    1) Marth
    2) Roy
    3) Link
    4) Young Link

I think you might notice a pattern here. ;-)

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    blades.yeap.got it...does that mean that when SSBB come out,our best characters might be pit?!!!!!...think about it...he has a sword also...

but still..the swordsmen ROCK!!!!! :rambo:

HaloX

You gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Years
    Umbrella Race

I got one!

Umbrella race:
    Mode: Melee
    Need 2-4 players (CPU's dont know how to have fun:disappoin )
    Level:Hyrule castle
    Items:Very High,Umbrellas only
    HOW TO PLAY
    First you start in the middle of the level and you explain to your "friends"
    how the course will go, if you jump off the right side with an umbrella,
    you can float all the way down to the little pillar below the castle and you can take the rest from there,be "imaginative"!

aocom

Me like pixel art
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    How about...

Use the Force:
    2-4 players
    Items: Very high, only beam swords, ray guns, and bunny hoods (to jump high)
    How to Play
    Everyone be Mewtwo (since he has telekinetic abilities hoo hah), and then I'm sure you can figure it out from there... >>;

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    My favourite character? Well, I like almost all of them, so I guess I'll base my picks on the ones I use the most/ can use best.

First off, there's Young Link. Because of his speed, and fire arrows that are superior to Link's in effect, it's easy to attack from afar and move in for a kill. I don't know how many times I've jinxed people into guarding with an arrow, then charging in with the sword as soon as they let it down.

Then we have my good pal Roy, who I just really use in general. I don't have any specific reasoning, I'm just good with him. oo

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    Axel said:
    My favourite character? Well, I like almost all of them, so I guess I'll base my picks on the ones I use the most/ can use best.

First off, there's Young Link. Because of his speed, and fire arrows that are superior to Link's in effect, it's easy to attack from afar and move in for a kill. I don't know how many times I've jinxed people into guarding with an arrow, then charging in with the sword as soon as they let it down.

Then we have my good pal Roy, who I just really use in general. I don't have any specific reasoning, I'm just good with him. oo
    because roy is just awesome my dear fellow!!!!he's....he's....just.....so.....awesome!!!!!

JakeEMan

Official American Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    I have another one:

Explosions and Burns:
    Players: 1-4 Humans/ 2-4 Computersm(to make it more fun, use Bowser, Marion, Luigi, and C. Falcon,or anyone else with explosive/flamable)
    Items: Bomb-Ombs, Motion Sensor Boms, Warp Stars, Fire Flower (Very High)
    How to Play:
    Just blow up/burn eachother till you win!

EDIT: I have another way.
    Mode: Special Melee (Stamina Mode)
    Arena: Pokemon Stadium
    Players: 2/4 Humans (Computers don't play by the rules) (Only use Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pikachu, or Pichu (and possavly any other Pokemon that may have been added to Brawl)) (No 3 Characters unless you want it to be an unfair double battle. If there are teams, you must add team uless you want to be able to hurt your own teamate)
    Items: NONE
    How to Play:
    Each of the players take turns attacking the other player/s. The Last one/s to stay alive WIN THE POKEMON BATTLE!

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Mmm, I seem to tie between Pikachu, Fox, and Marth. They're all so fun to play IMO, and they're great as characters in general. I also believe I'm best with them, though I'm decent with pretty much every character. I think I'm in love with them. o.o;

Back