• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Surgery complete...Now to check the Results...

How good is my BL/UU team?

• 2-really bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-poor

• 4-below average

• 5-okay

• 6-above average

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • Excluding Slaking, everybody IMO is BL or under. I don't really know, but I'm going up against the boring OU teams. I'm up for the challenge. I'd really like to just destroy a skarmory and blissey right now...Well, yeah. I use all pokemon except ubers and legendaries. Even if I lose, I'll get plenty of enjoyment out of going up against OUs and putting up a decent fight. So, yeah. Any suggestions on my lead?

EDIT: SpineShike, what's with the 1 rating? I know it isn't a 1. A 5? Okay, but not a one. Would you care to explain?

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Slacking and Kingdra are too good for UU/BL. It's not a UU/BL team therefore you posted something other then what it was supposed to be.

Also your EVs are way to simplistic. Spreads like 252/252/4 isn't good for everything.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay, I kinda messed up on the title, but it is going against OU teams so does it matter? How good is it really?

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Well UU/BL should stay in it's own Metagame. Going against OU's this team doesn't look like it will hold against something extremely well.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Why not? It counters almost all OU threats, including TTar, all the bulky waters, Blissey, skarm, etc. Even if I lose, I think it's good enough to put up a fight. I use my favorite pokemon, so yeah...but any suggestions as how to improve the pokemon I'm using?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay, who's boah? If it as anything to do with TTar having special attacks, I'd agree. However, Blastoise and Kingdra have a shot at taking it down *coughraindancecough* Well, thanks. I'd likle to know any other weaknesses I have so I can fix it up. Thanks Spinespike, good critizism.

EDIT: BTW could you rate my team, you can use multiple cjhoice, so you can vote again.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Well I can show you a team you have weak too:

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** ...
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 136 Atk / 180 Spd / 192 SAtk
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Explosion
    - Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band * ...
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers * ...
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Crunch
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers ** ...
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Surf
    - Toxic

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers ** ...
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 140 HP / 96 Atk / 56 Def / 4 Spd / 64 SAtk / 148 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Counter
    - Fire Blast
    - Return
    - Selfdestruct

Celebi @ Leftovers ** ...
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 20 Spd / 100 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Leech Seed
    - Psychic
    - Recover

You will lose.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Uh, okay...hmm. Celebi goes out in one hit to Scizor, easy. Otherwise, I suppose I see your point...how do I fix this problem?

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Okay Celebi goes down in one hit but if you notice I have six Pokemon that I can switch too.

Umm you use better Pokemon and make a better team.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Well, these are my favorites, so I won't get rid of them, even if I'm at a disadvantage. I'd rather like the pokemon I use than just fight with mence, heracross, skarmbliss, metagross and gengar. Also, Hypno can pass the screens which can help the gang take hits.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
  • First of all, Rock Slide is 100% useless on Slaking, since Return (if you'd have it) does slightly more damage than super effective Rock Slide (and already OHKOs Charizard/Moltres/Articuno) other than to Aerodactyl who then gets hits by Focus Punch for just as much damage as super effective Rock Slide. Use Earthquake over it.

Second of all, Hyper Beam on Slaking sucks, you use Hyper Beam, then opponent switches in Heracross / Medicham / Tyranitar / something else that can OHKO you, and you won't be able to switch. If you'd have Return, then you could switch after you hit something with it, and Hyper Beam doesn't KO anything that Return doesn't other than Weezing iirc, who takes plenty of damage from Return already. Use Return over Hyper Beam. Especially recommending this since Slaking is the main thing on your team who doesn't get walled easily as long as you can predict (or if you can't, then you shouldn't be using it in the first place anyway).

Third of all, you say that you counter most OU threats, including TTar. Saying TTar separately is ironic, since you coincidentally have one of the biggest TTar weaks. Boah destroys this team as it is, T-Bolt probably 2hkos Blastoise, and Kingdra eats a nice Focus Punch on the switch or from behind a TTar Substitute. Physical TTars, such as DDTar, CBTar or Sub TTar all handle your team well enough, Blastoise takes too much damage from them with no Leftovers recovery in sandstorm + no Rest. Plus, TTar gets free switch-ins on Hypno and after Slaking has hit something. Rest on Blastoise won't remedy this much without having Heal Bell on the team.

You also say that you can counter Skarm and Bliss. How? Hypno/Blastoise/Kingdra and even Steelix get walled by Blissey, while Skarm walls Scizor/Steelix and Slaking can only damage it with Focus Punch. Slaking is a very shaky Skarmbliss counter though, especially with no Wish support, it will get taken down easily.

Also, Scizor doesn't counter Heracross. Heracross used switch. Something has to be able to switch into something in order to counter it, but Scizor takes a huge blow from a CB Focus Punch, and is probably 2hko'd by CB Megahorn. That being said, nothing on your team can safely switch into Heracross, while it can get free switch-ins on Steelix / after Slaking killed something / can easily switch in on Blastoise too and can easily survive one Psychic from Hypno.

Zapdos weak too, Steelix can't hit it other than Exploding on it or Toxicing it (since Zapdoses mostly carry Resttalk, the latter option is nullified), Hypno is like 3hko'd by Thunderbolt, and the rest is killed even easier.

Bulky waters aren't covered either, Toxic Milotic outstalls your whole team other than Slaking.

I could go on with listing more weaks, but it would take hours and I've just got bored.

Also, in competitive battling, you have to usually choose between wether you want to win or rather want "coolness" / want to use your favourites. In the case of the latter, what's the point of posting a team, since "fun" / "favourites" teams aren't mainly meant to win anyway, but then what's there to fix on them?

/end of tl;dr wall of text

P.S. Sup Mullet

np: Maurice Ravel - Bolero

Have a nice day.

Edit: Oh, just noticed that you said that you don't have the EQ TM and then realised that this is an in-game team. Most of my points still stand anyway though.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • That's why I'm asking for help...and a few points in your argument are incorrect however. Especially Scizor not being a heracross counter. Megahorn is 4x innefective againnst Scizor...even with STAB and the choice band, it won't kill it. Well, I gotta go. Could you post some ways to improve now. Another "1" rate? Now this team isn't perfect, but it's at least a 5...so could you all help iron out these problems? Thanks.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
  • and a few points in your argument are incorrect however. Especially Scizor not being a heracross counter. Megahorn is 4x innefective againnst Scizor...even with STAB and the choice band, it won't kill it.
    Err, steel does resist bug, but bug doesn't resist itself, so Megahorn would only be 2x not very effective against Scizor and not 4x, in which case CB Megahorn will probably 2hko.

Have a nice day.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    I damage calc'd max attack CB Megahorn on the Scizor with your spread and it does between 44%-52% and you don't use Lefties so lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Okay, okay. Could you please tell me how to improve, not what's wrong with my team. I know its faults, so please help me fix them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back