• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Surprise Mulch and Berry Growth?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    So the new Surprise Mulch for berry growing works as so:

there's a much higher percent of your berry bush being mutated into a different growth when you have different types of berries growing on either side of them. The mutation will only happen if it is a "valid" combination. Such combinations that have been found are:Oran+Pecha=Qualot, Iapapa+Mago=Pomeg, etc.

Is there a valid combination that results in a Custap Berry? Has anyone found any other combinations that haven't yet been discovered?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I've been farming berries since I first discovered that farm and have approximately 100 of each as of now, I will test this with different combinations. I have to look up how to get the Surprise Mulch though, I have no idea and so far have only tried to create Mulch once ( I got Boost Mulch).

I had no idea this was even a thing. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Surprise Mulch is produced by putting three Berries of the same colour (or, to make it even easier, three of the same Berry) into the Composter.

This mulch improves the chances of mutations, actually.

I have 24 plots currently planted in rows of four. The purpose is to mutate every single one (six mutations being attempted). Once I reach the blue Berries on Route 17, I will take it even further and try to complete the Berry set.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Farming berries is one of my favorite things to do in the new game. It reminds me of Animal Crossing. I'm glad that they added the Surprise Mulch because growing could be a pain without it. I also like the amaze mulch and the rich mulch as well.

The rich mulch is kind of like the surprise mulch except you use three different berries.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    It's good they brought back Berry farming, specially for leppa's and IV berries.
    I wonder if it would be possible to get rare berries like the custap, rowap, etc. or if they will distribute the berries via event like in past generations to allow us to farm them.

Back