• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swampert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Anybody wanna Lol at this last part?
    Edit: Muku Bird laughs at you:
    Swampert?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Portujesus, have you ever thought that you should actually read the whole thread before start commenting on what people said? The thread starter never said he had to use a Cursepert, he just said he's been breeding Mudkips with Curse and needed a moveset for a Swampert, these two things don't have to be related to each other in any way.

As for the rest of you, please don't discuss off-topic matters in this topic, thank you. ^^

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Avalanche, Surf for 3rd Gen, but since you probably have 4th, Waterfall, Roar if spikes (Skarmory). Or Stone Edge/Protect depending on what you need for your team, basaically.
    Thank you for your input, Itachi and Dark_Azelf! I guess I would go with Edge/Protect then, since I don't roll with a spiker in my team (I do have a Skarm, but she isn't really a staple member of the team. I got another guy with roar anyway.)
    Yep id say HP Electric or Stone Edge, otherwise Gyarados laughs at you. If you have a Spiker such as Skarm or Forretress in your party like Itachi said, Roar works wonders. You maybe scared of Choice specs Starmie/other things that carry Grass Knot or Energy Ball, so Protect could be used to scout moves like that. So its really up to you at the end of the day.
    While HP Elec. seems tempting, I started getting sick of breeding for the right HP a while back. Eevee is evil.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Didn't read your replies. :) Really, I don't care. Pokémon sucks. Really.

Well, bye. .|.

Which is why you registered at PC...if you didn't care you would've gone on your little trolling rampage delight...

to saty on topic, which can be hard these days, I'll tell you a novelty swampert set...

Swampert@Salac Berry
    Jolly
    252 speed, 252 attack, 6 HP
    ~Endure
    ~Endeavor
    ~EQ
    ~Waterfall

Novelty FTW! NOVELTY! It probably doesn't work, but who knows...lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ignore him, he needs attention.

Swampert's defence is too naturally high for endure, I think.

Told you it was novelty lol...maybe a -def nature? Jask support FTW! I know one thing...it would sure take the opponent by surprise...XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    As much as Alakazam with the elemental fists is a surprize...

*BPs belly drum from smeargle to a focus sash alakazam, and sweepers with the elemnetal punches* I can see it now, adamant Zam lol...my set is probably TOO novelty XD

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Portujesus, your message has been deleted and you've been warned. Have a nice day. ^_^

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    I went ahead with an Impish Cursepert with:
    Stealth Rock
    Curse
    Avalanche
    Waterfall
    I looked up "swampert pokemon battle revolution" on youtube, and that moveset seemed to sweep a whole team O_o But I'm gonna breed another Relaxed Mudkip and turn it into Mixedpert.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Endeavorpert can work, actually, but you'll need Sand Stream support to make it worthwhile. Also, Substitute >> Endure since Pert has access to 101-HP (A.k.a. Seismic Toss-proof) subs. It's also a far more reliable way to drop HP. I believe that the original Endeavorpert was:

Swampert @ Salac Berry
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump/Surf
    Endeavor
    Substitute

Cool set, but it needs the right backup to work. If, however, you're in a position where you've dropped your HP to minimum and have a sub up it's a guaranteed KO on anything that isn't Rock, Ground, or Steel (All of them types that don't like taking a Torrented Hydro Pump to the face). Aaanyway, I guess that Stealth Rock Swampert is alright, but I've never been a big fan of Curse, so I'd sooner use a Mixpert myself. *Shrug*

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay, thanks alter ego. Jimmyray, I've heard there are plenty of n00bs who play on PBR...either they didn't have a physical wall, or they let cursepert power up and overpower any wall they might have had. Cursepert does work though, but is more situational.

As for your cursepert moveset, get a spiker or SRer and replace SR with rest. Swampert NEEDS rest if you use the curse pert set...it just does, IMO at least.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Okay, so if I already have an Aerodactyl for SR, I guess I might as well put rest there. Thanks again Anti-Pop :D By the way, I'm off to make a "Rate My Team" thread, so be sure to "Rate my team" :p

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay, so if I already have an Aerodactyl for SR, I guess I might as well put rest there. Thanks again Anti-Pop :D By the way, I'm off to make a "Rate My Team" thread, so be sure to "Rate my team" :p

Sure. And BTW, I looked up swampert in PBR on youtube, but loled when I saw one with life orb:shocked:

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    A life Orb Swampert :o That could actually work, but it wouldn't be as defensive... Anyways, I'm off to make that thread now lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    A life Orb Swampert :o That could actually work, but it wouldn't be as defensive... Anyways, I'm off to make that thread now lol.

Well, maybe in theory, but that life orb swampert practically OHKOed itself. It made me lol, which really hurt my throat. Be waitin' for your thread.

Years
    Please don't bump threads over a month old.
    ...especially since I can't see the point of that post, either. ._.

*closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back