• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swampert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    I have been breeding My Slowpoke and Swampert and I have been getting Little Cursing Mudkips, and I am yet to get a good nature on it, but I was thinking either:

Impish
    Adamant
    Relaxed

And I wanted some suggestions on it's moveset. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Swampert@Leftovers
    Stealth Rcok
    Curse
    Avalanche
    Waterfall/Earthqauke/Hammer Arm

or

Swampert@Leftovers
    Curse
    Avalanche
    Waterfall
    Earthquake/Hammer Arm

Or a very defensive style:

Swampert@Leftovers
    Curse
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Rest/Avalanche

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Mixpert

Swampert@leftovers
    nature: Relaxed
    evs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 SpAtk
    - Ice Beam/Avalance
    - Earthquake
    - Surf/Hydro pump/Waterfall/Curse
    - Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/HP Electric/Roar/Protect

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    To kill physical walls that you would otherwise have to switch out on. Swampert's Sp atk is not that bad.

Right. Just look at its base stats. Swampert is one powerful tank, even w/ special attacks. You shouldn't try to put all your eggs into one basket you know.

EDIT: Yay! I beat Cakekun!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Why would you want a special attacking swampert?

^^ What Anti and Cakekun said
    and so Skarmory and Forretress dont say Hi !!

Also its not specifically a Special Attacking Swampert, its called mixedpert for a reason XD.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    But surely I could just siwtch out to a different counter...

But staying power would be nice. You see, you could stay the same about using purely physical attacks on Vire and Chomp, but then the pokemon that comes in takes a hit...or, forry/skarm/steelix sets up SR/Spikes on you. That's why diversity matters.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    As much as I appreciate your suggestions, I think I'd rather stick with a Physical Sweeping Swampert or a wall...

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Why would you want a special attacking swampert?

Originally posted by you again:But surely I could just siwtch out to a different counter...

You're always disagreeing with people. Just at least take their movesets for granted. And you always think you're sets are the best, when they're not. Or at least from what i've collected as evidence. Anyways,

Swampert @: Rindo Berry/Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    Adamant (350 attack is it's best stats)/Relaxed
    Ev's: 132 sp.def/200 def/172 atk
    Mirror Coat
    Counter
    Curse
    Waterfall. Ahhhhaaaa, Mirror Coat+Counter is the predicting part, which is doom and easy to do. Curse to increase his Waterfall and def. Self-explanatory. Pretty much a novelty set, if it hasen't already been created for competitve battling means yet. Don't flame me on the Adamant part, that's part of "noveltyness". This set otherwise, is pretty simple to use and utilize. It's wallpert, lol. Edit: It's a wall and a physical sweeper set, what a conidence.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Itachi, I have a right to question what people are suggesting, I can't just say "ok, i'll go wiv that 1 (arceus ftw)", I need to have reasons! I'm sorry if I come on a little strong, but seriously, it's like someone telling you to jump off a cliff and then saying "ok". I need to know WHY people are telling me this, if it has backup from other people, and if it will actually work. Also, I do not think my movesets are the best, lol, that part made me laugh. Why would I post a thread if I thought I was right all along? Seeing as this suggestion of Special Swampert seems to be popular, I might try it out.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Itachi, I have a right to question what people are suggesting, I can't just say "ok, i'll go wiv that 1 (arceus ftw)", I need to have reasons! I'm sorry if I come on a little strong, but seriously, it's like someone telling you to jump off a cliff and then saying "ok". I need to know WHY people are telling me this, if it has backup from other people, and if it will actually work. Also, I do not think my movesets are the best, lol, that part made me laugh. Why would I post a thread if I thought I was right all along? Seeing as this suggestion of Special Swampert seems to be popular, I might try it out.
    Its not special

its mixed swampert or mixedpert XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years

Actually, I understand where Itachi is coming from...I mean, you called me n00bish for suggesting fire blast on garchomp...sorry, but I happened to be right. But that isn't all too relevant, so...USE MIXEDPERT FTW! Really, it and cursepert are the best IMO...

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Actually, I understand where Itachi is coming from...I mean, you called me n00bish for suggesting fire blast on garchomp...sorry, but I happened to be right. But that isn't all too relevant, so...USE MIXEDPERT FTW! Really, it and cursepert are the best IMO...

My set had Curse in it. It could work, maybe.. Edit: Oh my, 1,000 posts. Lol.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
    Sorry, Anti-Pop, I don't recall using the word noobish... I just though it sucked on garchomp, but I understand now...

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years

First off, I think MixedPert is best.

Second, Jimmyray is absolutely right. If he feels the advice he's getting is shaky, he has the right-no, the responsibility to question it, and decide which is better, his or theirs. This is his team, so he can't go on what other people tells him to do until he is completely sure. That isn't arrogant-its responsible.

EDIT:And he never said noobish at all-he felt it wrong, is all.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    First off, I think MixedPert is best.

Second, Jimmyray is absolutely right. If he feels the advice he's getting is shaky, he has the right-no, the responsibility to question it, and decide which is better, his or theirs. This is his team, so he can't go on what other people tells him to do until he is completely sure. That isn't arrogant-its responsible.

EDIT:And he never said noobish at all-he felt it wrong, is all.

I recall you saying this once. I'll be sure to keep it in mind, When I think of just saying stuff like that anyays.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back