• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WORKING AS INTENDED] Symbols/accent e appearing as a � sign

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I don't know if it's just me or a bug, but it would seem the accent e is not appearing on the forum at all, and is being shown as a "�" symbol in posts. That's definitely not how it's supposed to appear, right?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think that's a relic from when the database was transferred last december - some unicode characters in old posts didn't transfer properly, but when making new posts it should be alright. Unless this is still happening to you?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • If it is happening to some threads in specific, it's likely a result of that little database-encoding accident that happened. It affects among other things és, long hyphens, typographical (curved) quote symbols (produced when pasting from word processors) and a few other glyphs.

It is possible to manually correct them if you find this happening to your posts, otherwise if it's a breaking thing the best thing to do is to notify the section mod I think?

If this is happening at large, you might have hit a cnfiguration issue in your browser and it's reading the wrong "web language" I guess, but I wouldn't know what else to say about it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can see the accent e in this thread. I guess it just didn't transfer over in some posts from the database transfer as stated above...? The only other time I see "�" is possibly when people use emojis, I suppose?

Back