• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

T-Dome

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Hey The T-Dome is Back..Good Job guys though cause of this there'll be no place for some topics related to Sexuality. And I thought someone told me about a Sub-Forum.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Could someone cp the rules, or PM them to me? I'd like to see them, but am not really interested in taking the required steps to gain access.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Certainly, Abby. ^^ If anybody else has a problem with me doing so, feel free to delete this post.

The T-Dome

Welcome to the new T-Dome. This area acts as a slightly heated discussion forum for topics mainly revolving around Politics, Religion,and Current Events.

There are a few alterations from the old version which should surely improve its success:

-Only debatable topics are to be discussed here. Any milder threads or those with a less debatable issue can go in the Other Chat forum. As an example, a thread about a Political Election would go into the T-Dome whereas a thread about Tsunami Relief would go in OC. (The former has at least two sides that can be debated for and against while anything about the Tsunami is basically one-sided and can't be argued against.)

-Threads of sexual theme will be limited to mature debates, rather than just the discussion of sexual actions. For example, a thread about "Sex Before Marriage" in which there are two arguable sides is okay, but a thread simply made to discuss sex as an action is not permitted.

-The attacking of others' beliefs will in no way be tolerated. This includes the stereotyping of groups. (e.g. based on religion or sexual orientation, etc.)

These new alterations should make the T-Dome more open to varying beliefs, and less sex-focused (which was one of the main reasons for its original closure). The new mature debate style will allow a wider variety of members to post here without being offended or feeling awkward (mainly due to the prevalence of undebatable sexual themes, or concern that their opinions will be flamed against).

T-Dome Rules

1. Respect everyone's opinion no matter how different they are from your own. Do not flame someone or attack their beliefs. If you do this, your T-Dome access will be restricted.
    2. Please only discuss sensible and debatable topics within the T-Dome
    3. Sex topics are restricted to mature debates (such as under-age sex, sexual preferences, etc.) and should not be created purely to discuss detailed personal aspects.
    4. Please avoid stating that unfounded information is pure fact, or making generalizations (stereotyping) about certain groups.

*The old T-Dome can be found here.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Hmm. Thank you very much, I appreciate it! ^_^

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'd like to see a name change altogether. Debate Hall, or something. I was also of the opinion all debates, political/sexual or not, could go in there. That way people who can't debate well about anything could be just kicked from the dome/hall, without interrupting the main board.

Then for the rare political/event topics that aren't debates (IE tsunami) could stay in OC. This is in there, and that's good. I just didn't want to see the dome become the home of 99% of those topics, like before. You'd go there to debate about anything, not just to see the p/s/ce.
    If they became debate-like, they could be moved. Just ideas~

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    I think the name should quite frankly change due to the fact that I HATED the GW ThunderDome (hahaha, that was so stupid). Down with the t-dome name! lol

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The only thing with having all the debates in the one area is that the maturity of the debates would vary greatly. For example, if a debate about a certain product was moved to the T-Dome those participating would have to get access. They might not be happy reading the other types of threads which come up (eg. religion, topics hinting on the sexual side), so it's best to keep it for mature debates, rather than debates as a whole. With regards non-debates, such as the tsunami, we've said in the rules those kind of topics belong in OC
    With the name, we just put New T-Dome as a temp thing, so it'll probably have a new name in the near future. (I remember suggesting Debate Dome a while back, but we'll see what happens)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    People who want to debate should be at least mature enough to see those kinds of topics, even if they aren't interested. Even if you're debating about video games, you have to be at least mature enough to not giggle at one of those kinds of topics. It could even prove as a test. We don't need people who can't handle stuff to be debating, anyways. And that way, instead of banning them or closing a topic, they can just be removed from the dome. By funneling only mature debates there, it gains back its reputation as the "dark" corner of PC, instead of a more tollerant one.

Meh, again, just ideas.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    That's the best part of the t-dome though -escaping to the realms of mature issue debate. I think that if all debates were taken there from all categories it would weaken the point of the area :\
    The area's coming up with some interesting threads so far, and everyones taking it really well, so i dont think we need more types of debate in there

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    But, IMO, because it's all "mature issues" most people view it as a bad part of PC. Just check out some of the OVP polls on it. I think it could help it's reputation, personally.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I wouldn't really say that a debate about, for examplke, a computer game would be considered too mature for the regular forum areas. Also, just because someone wants to debate about a game/platform doesn't necessarily mean that they would be comfortable with threads which question religion, and therefore cut them out of the area more. The T-Dome, as i say, is going well so far. We have different topics about religion etc. coming up and everyone is staying mature about it ^^ it's going well so why change a good thing? ^^;

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    But this is a change. That's why it's the -new- T-dome, isn't it?

It shouldn't dual-function as an "adult" section, in my opinion. It should service all debates, board-wise.
    Becuase...anyone who is going to debate reasonably and intelligently isn't going to be put off by having to scoll past other stuff. Besides, how bad can those topic titles be, if you've truely toned down the sexual content?

By allowing all debates there, it bemores more of an intellectual corner, than just an adult one. It also allows those who can not handle debates to be booted. And given how debates board-wise are often closed and ended unfairly, this could help prevent that.
    The fact that people -are- staying mature about it proves it would be a good place to house other topics that don't fly so well on the rest of the board, wouldn't it? It would increase the subject matter for this mature group, which has to be a good thing.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Meh, i'd still say it's good as it is. If people want to assume that it's a bad part of PC before checking it out then that's their decision :\
    I'd be concerned about members who dont want to see their religion/beliefs under skepticism which would basically knock them out of the area. They may feel uncomfortable posting in a section dealing with those kind of issues.
    I think that debates shouldn't be removed from all sections of PC, or it can lower the discussions that take place around PC.
    It's going well, things are a lot more calm, so it seems fine at the moment ^^

Anacortes

absurdities..
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    PM an admin and you can.
    and I still dont get my posts not showing up..

Back