• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

T.V. Advertisements

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Speaking of identity theft-how about LifeLock- with a big truck driving around disclosing a REAL social security number-that of CEO Todd Davis!

LifeLock actually got sued for false advertising and fraud months ago-stemming from the ad described above.

Man, that was a great commercial. I was thinking about using LifeLock in the future if my identity got stolen. Looks like I won't be using them then. Wow, that is insane. So they got sued. That is messed up.

EDIT: I been wondering why I haven't seen that commercial in a long while now. Now I know...

Yeah got to be careful with those type of commercials. But some commercials if that of identity theft need to be serious not like freecreditreport.com.

Last edited:

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • Now, I find TV commercials as annoying as the next person, but they necessary.

Last year, in my school, i had a course called MASS MEDIA it was only a half a year course, but I actually learned something cool, which I'm going to share with you guys.

One of the topics we covered in that class was ADVERTISING

Advertising is the source of life for ALL OTHER MASS MEDIA not just TV, if Adverts just disappeared, websites would be shutting down, and there would be nothing but static on the TV and Radio.

Also, another thing I learned that Adverts have already got to you when you were little! (5-10)
    How you ask?

Well, when you saw the adverts for fast food restaurants, such as Macdonald's and Burger king, and saw the "free toy with happy/kid meal" ad, you ran up to your mom (or dad) and ask them to take you to the fast food joint. You take a bit of there cheeseburgers, and BAM! hooked on them, (Kid Crack as my Mass Media teacher called it[note to mods: If you don't think this part is apporite, just PM me and tell me, and i'll remove it] ) and the fast food joint thinks they have a new customer.

So, Basically, what I'm saying here is that Adverts are needed, and fallen for there tricks when you where younger.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Advertisements. They're most annoying when you're watching something awesome and then BOOM, and ad comes on. Not so bad if the channel has bumpers, then you know the commercial's coming.
    I read in Reader's Digest that there are three reasons why commercials are louder than the show itself: because they can be, advertisers like it loud, and because it surprises you and you'll pay attention. :tired:

Geico. I HAAAAAATE those commercials. And Verison's "Dead Zones" is turning into the new Geico.

Years
  • Some are very entertaining but sometimes when I'm watching some really good and the ads come on, I get annoyed. Then again, sometimes I like to watch all of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2008
    I don't watch TV anymore...I haven't watched TV in around 6 years.

I'm all for DVDs and video games. Rewinding / fast-forwarding / pausing for the win, as well as interaction and participation. I don't really like just sitting there and passively watching anything...

...as for advertisements, they all just sink into the background now. Whether it's on a computer monitor or TV screen, commercials and advertisements are just dead, empty space to me now.

Back