• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taaaaaakeeeee oonnnnnn meeeeeee (take on me)

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Taaaaakkke meeeeee onnnnnn (take on me)
    I'll beeeee gonnnnnneee
    IN AAAAA DAAAYYYYY ORRRR TWOOOOOOOO

To me, that song is the 80's. That and Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds, though Madonna is a fair contender as a female personification of the 80's. You know what else that song is? A classic? A treasure? Yes, but also a one-hit wonder! Well, I'm pretty sure it's a one-hit wonder, I can't think of another song A-Ha has put out, lol. So now, we're all going to discuss two great things: music of the 80's and one-hit wonders. Have fun!

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Man, 99 Red Balloons. I swear by that song. If I were religious I'd start a cult and we'd sing that song. German version of course, just to mess with with locals.

Bashiyoto

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    The 80's was a great decade for music. The Smiths, Pixies, Joy Division, Talking Heads, Iron Maiden, Dinosaur Jr, Violent Femmes, Husker Du, Public Enemy, De la Soul, Sonic Youth, Metallica, Michael Jackson, and Prince just off the top of my head.

So many great bands.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I enjoy so many 80's songs it's hard to just pick a few that I enjoy. The music then was just so awesome, and I'd rather listen to songs from then as opposed to just about anything else. Bon Jovi, Starship, Richard Marx, Belinda Carlisle and others seem to have a permanent place on my music playlists.

Zoachu

Pikachu?
    Years
  • That song that song that song. Asdfghjkl. I'm in love with it, even though I'm usually a metal/ rock/ techno person. c:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Man, 99 Red Balloons. I swear by that song. If I were religious I'd start a cult and we'd sing that song. German version of course, just to mess with with locals.

I know that song from 30 Rock! *smack* I swear I can sing a part of that song phonetically if it were on right now.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I actually quite like some of Rick Astley's stuff as well as Never Gonna Give You Up. Whenever You Need Somebody is a favourite of mine.

Back