• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Taieb's Pixel Art

Taieb

Rookie Spriter
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to spriting and I just wanted to post some of my stuff so I could possibly get some advice and constructive criticism.

Here are my earliest sprites (Keep in mind that I only started 3 days ago)"

Taieb's Pixel Art

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to spriting and I just wanted to post some of my stuff so I could possibly get some advice and constructive criticism.

Here are my earliest sprites (Keep in mind that I only started 3 days ago)"

The left one looks quite decent. The one in the right one's outline needs to look more... natural and blended in. Not to mention that the diamond on its body looks too artificial. It needs to be better blended-in the design.

Taieb

Rookie Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    The left one looks quite decent. The one in the right one's outline needs to look more... natural and blended in. Not to mention that the diamond on its body looks too artificial. It needs to be better blended-in the design.

Thanks a bunch! Is there anything I could do to better the Dino?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Thanks a bunch! Is there anything I could do to better the Dino?

The outline should be composed of different colors. There should be some black in there, and maybe some darker shades of brown. Remember, the lighting comes from the top left.

Years
  • You require 4 sprites in total to have your own showcase. I'll give you time to update as it looks like you're quite active with the thread. Keep spriting. :D

Taieb

Rookie Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Thank you, I will make sure to update it right now. Can you also remove those attached files please?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    It would be better if you add some anti-aliasing and shades to your sprite, it's essential to spriters!

Back