• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Take a Scientific Survey For my SCHOOL! YEAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Answers in Italics.

---

1. What is Science?
    To me, science is something that explores new things in many different fields. It invokes curiosity in the minds of people who study these different fields. And despite the fact that people probably think science is only limited to "the study of something", math is, in its own way, a science.

2. Do you like Science? why or why not?
    It depends on the science. Personally, I'm more into the "psuedo-sciences", like metaphysics. But I also have an interest in psychology, physics, geology, and chemistry. There's math, too, namely algebra and trig. Stuff like anatomy or biology is all right, but other than the ones I mentioned, I really can't say I'm a huge fan of it.

3. What are the steps in the scientific Method?
    If I recall correctly, there's the hypothesis (usually with an "If, then" format), the experiment itself, and then a conclusion.

4. What is a scientific theory? give an Example.
    A scientific theory is something made based on observation. An example would be something like "plants will grow if exposed to carbon dioxide and water".

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is like a prediction, but it's not random like predictions may be. Usually, a hypothesis is a prediction based on personal experience.

6. What is a scientific law? Give an Example.
    I don't ever recall learning about this, but I'll give it a shot. A scientific law is like a law passed by the government, only it's something that can't be altered except by nature (as it is nature-made). Think of Darwin's evolution theory as an example. Over time, species adapt to certain environments and situations and give birth to species that can live in those conditions, the rest dying off.

7. What is Evolution?
    As I just explained, a species in an environment that it can't adapt to may give birth to another one of its kind with specific traits that allow it to adapt to that environment. For example, I remember learning about a creature whose primary food source was the leaves from tall trees. Because it had a short neck, though, it couldn't get its primary food source and thus starved to death. Overtime, though, that species gave birth to a species with a longer neck, and that species eventually gave birth to a species with an even longer neck. Eventually, the creature we know as a "giraffe" was born.

Last edited:
    Years

1. What is Science?
    The false set of beliefs that the universe has order and rules that can possibly be understood, to help people too weak to realize the truth sleep at night.

I do not, because it is the root of all evil in the past century.

The scientific method steps on everyone who gets in its way, not even bothering to pick the rotting corpses from the bottom of its shoes.

Something scientists think could possibly be true; Gravity.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A baseless claim that is irrelevant to the working of the universe and should be ignored at all costs.

Science has no laws. Science plays god and treads where no man was ever meant to go. They are above the law. Nice trick question, btw.

7. What is Evolution?
    One of the many false beliefs in how life on earth came to be, used as a distraction by the NWO to divide and distract the masses and keep their existence secret.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

No occupation available at the moment

1. What is Science?
    Science is the comprehensive information on a particular subject, yet is considered to be the knowledge of the physical universe.

Yes, I like Science. Especially Astronomy, Physics, and Chemistry as I have this love with the entire universal existence that we are in and how the entire universe works.

Create Information -> Create it into Possible Search -> Do Research -> Analyze Sources -> Fix Research -> Construct Hypothesis -> Analyze Information and Program -> Create Results -> Report Information with Sources

A scientific theory is a type of deductive theory, in that its information could be expressed within a formal system of logic which is taken as axioms. An example is the Theory of Evolution.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observable phenomenon made into a scientific theory.

A hypothesis that has proven true through repeated experimentation and is more valid than a mere theory. The Law of Gravitation is a great example.

7. What is Evolution?
    Evolution is an advanced, long-lasting process in which a species is mutated to create a new species.[/QUOTE]

Quite literally, I am not an average person when it comes to science and mathematics.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    I swear I didn't look at the above answers.

1. What is Science?
    The scientifical study of human life.

Not really, it's very boring.

Nope.

Something someone needs to prove.

Nope.

5. Define a hypothesis
    Oh, I actually remember this. It's a scientifical predicition made before doing a lab.

Nope

7. What is Evolution?
    Eevee -> Flareon, Umbreon, Espeon, etc...

I'm totally joking, Idk how to explain it.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years

1. What is Science?
    Science is the study of things that can be proven or unproven. Therefore science is fact. Science adjusts its beliefs based on what's observed, and can always be shown to be correct.

I enjoy science a lot, as I can believe in the facts that are shown through science.

Ehhh... Let me see... Question, research, hypothesis, method, experiment, results, analysis, conclusion?

A scientific theory is something that someone believes to be true and sets out to prove. An example is the theory of evolution, which is now widely believed to be correct.

5. Define a hypothesis
    A hypothesis is a statement that you believe is correct and then proceed to investigate. (It is not dissimilar to a theory)

A scientific law is something which everything in life adheres to, such as the law of gravity - everything is subject to it, and it is worldwide in the use of science.

7. What is Evolution?
    Evolution is a theory first put forwards by Charles Darwin which suggests that present-day creatures have developed from the constant change and adaptation of creatures in the past, and can be see through fossil records etc.

It also suggests that a Slowpoke can evolve one of two ways depending on... nah, I won't, I won't XD

Hope this helps ~♪

Back