• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia: Aftershock (Part 1- Darkness Returns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

"I CAN run." I muttered towards Jeremy as I aimed my bow in the direction of the approaching bears. "However, we won't live if we run at this point. Also, they want to attack us because they want to eat is, its simple as that. I then released my arrow, only to have it land 3 feet ahead of me. "Okay, we're gonna have a problem." I sighed as I almost fell over.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Lauren, if she remembered correctly, had called out an order to wield their weapons. Sayuri immediately panicked. Already? But? She softly slapped herself. She had always done so whenever a negative thought enters that little head of hers. Everyone was trying really hard, she noticed, even though most weren't as skilled with their weapons as majority expected.

"If everyone is trying hard, then I'll try to~!" She thought out loud, grasping her chakrams tightly. She had observed David attempt to shoot the rather freaky monsters with his bow, but had failed.

Hmm, I wonder if the chakram would come back to me when I throw it. She wondered; it seemed extremely random at the time, but it didn't hurt to know. Gently biting down on her lower lip, she aimed for one of the strange bear and hesitantly threw one of her chakrams.

"Yay, it hit it!"

It didn't seem to do much damage. Scratch that ? her attack didn't do anything. Worst of all, her chakram didn't return. "Uh-oh."

Lil' Schu

never an honest word... ♫
    Years
  • Lauren stayed where she was, gripping her staff tightly. David had tried to shoot the purple monsters with his bow, but failed miserably; as did Sayuri. Her chakram had not come back and was now wedged into one of the purple bears.

The teenager sighed. They were going to have a hard time with this after all. Lauren was deep in thought, trying to think of something to help them, anything at all. Didn't Sheena mention something about the Exspheres...that they unlocked our dormant powers?...But how are we going to manage to unlock our dormant powers? We don't know the first thing about this!

There were too many thoughts running around in her head, too many things to do at once. Lauren couldn't help them much, all she had was a staff. Staffs are basically good for bashing stuff, not killing monsters.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yoshiko watched, paralyzed in fear as both David and Sayuri failed at using their weapons.

And the bears were getting closer.

"but I don't taste that good!" she shouted suddenly, grasping her sword tightly. Maybe she could do one of those long range attacks - like in the game. What was it called again? she thought, racking her brain for the desired knowledge.

Ah! I got it - "Demon Fang!" she shouted, as she attempted to swing her sword - anticipating the blue flash of light that normally came with the attack.

It never came. All that happened was that Yoshiko succeeded in dropping her sword onto the sand.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Jeremy just stood back and watched the attempts. "This may be a bad time...but I told you so..." he said with a sigh of frustration, not daring to even try and swing his sword. "Well I'm goin' to die at some point I guess...right?" Jeremy said chuckling even though he really found no humor in what he said.

"Here goes nothing..." Jeremy said, running towards the horde. At this point, he really didn't care, he didn't want to die, but what choice? If he was going to die, better get it over with quick.

Holding his breath, the horde came at him quicker than he thought possible. Luckily only one came after him, the rest thinking he was too weak for them to even consider. Then another joined. "Better get this over with before more decide to gather..." Jeremy said and said one last prayer, he never said a prayer, didn't know how, but he said one anyway.

Then it happened, his body went in motion before his thoughts could catch up. Slashing downward, at the bear, he was surprise he didn't kill himself, but actually hit the bear. But then one huge arm came down on him before he could roll out of the way, knocking him hard to the ground.

Then it lunged at him, Jeremy had just enough time to scramble out of the way at the bear before it came down hard. Jeremy, fearing for his life, stabbed his scimitar quickly into the monsters head, sending the blade right through it's brain.

Before Jeremy could have anytime to stare at what he did, he was forced to duck be it's partner and then he did something he thought he would never due, he jumped back into a backflip, and moved into a defensive position.

OOC: MEGA CORNY! But figured...had to start somewhere... XD

Lil' Schu

Years
  • Lauren stared at Jeremy. He had just killed a couple of the egg bears quite easily. And he didn't even think about it.

"Well, I guess we just kinda go with the flow, eh? Alright then..." She concentrated on casting a healing spell on Jeremy. Energy began flowing through her body.

"Here! First Aid!"

Lauren couldn't believe it. She'd done a spell, a real spell. And it actually worked (or at least she thought it did)!

The seventeen-year-old was so elated, she didn't see the monster coming behind her.

Or at least until it made itself known. With a deafening roar, the bear advanced on her. Lauren turned around to see it about one yard away from her.

Lauren paled. "Crap!"

Without realizing what she was doing, the blonde ducked and ran underneath the purple monster. This effectively confused it for a minute, and Lauren started whacking it with the monster her staff. Unforunately, this also re-caught the attention of the thing, and it swiped its abnormally sized paw at her. The girl instinctively did a sideroll to avoid being caught and brought herself into the guarding position.

Lauren looked at the others, minus Jeremy. "A little help would be nice!"

Kurosaki

Before Jeremy could have anytime to stare at what he did, he was forced to duck be it's partner and then he did something he thought he would never due, he jumped back into a backflip, and moved into a defensive position.

OOC: MEGA CORNY! But figured...had to start somewhere... XD
    OOC: A backflip MAY be overdoing it, but meh, it magically happens in the game... I swear they could be pro gymnists, XD

IC: "Okay, lets try this again!" I said to myself as a strung another arrow, only to get an uppercut from one of the Egg Bears, which sent me flying high into the air. Somehow... SOMEHOW I manged to recover, as well as launch my arrow in mid-air, the arrow embedding itself in the head of the Egg Bear that had attacked me. Of course, something had to go wrong, and it did, as I ended up landing head first in the sand below.

As I removed my head from the sand, I had a "lets not try that again" look on my face, before finding an Egg Bear approaching. From such a close range, I'd never be able to attack in time!

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: I'm glad I'm not the only one whose had that thought! XD

All games have a cheesy element! Maybe no more backflips for a while though...although my theif can run on walls...*looks at RP Sample*...but no backflips...*sigh*

IC: Jeremy saw the others in trouble, but couldn't do anything to help them, he had two other bears coming at him, minus one, which still had his blade lodged in his skull. He didn't have time to retrieve it now, the only thing he could do now...was run!

Finding it easier to move, thanks to a healing spell cast on him, he was still easily out ran by the two egg bears that were in hot persuit. Ducking the swing of both of the egg bears, who seemed to attack him at the same exact time. Jeremy rolled passed them and made a break for his sword.

Grabbing it and with a quick twist of his wrist, freed it from it's dead pedastal. Jeremy spun around in time to block an oncoming attack from the bear on the right, the one of the left quickly flanked Jeremy and started towards him. The bear who he blocked was now leaning on his blade, seemingly unaffected by the blade. Jeremy waited for the one who was thinking to out flank him to come nearer, then he let the weight of the bear take him to the ground. The bear soon followed, and almost landed on top of him, if his clumsy partner didn't run into him.

"Now..." a voice inside his head said as he stabbed his scimitar into the belly of the brute who tackled his partner. Falling quite dead on his partner, Jeremy scrabbled to his feet and lodged his blade in the head of the downed egg bear.

All was going perfect for Jeremy until he dashed to help the others. He quickly found himself tripping over a rather large rock and rolled into an Egg bear, which in turn, turned around and attempted to set on Jeremy, planning to crush Jeremy's little bones.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • OOC: They DO do backflips early in the game, if you know how to push X when you get knocked in the air, so I don't think it's extreme...much. XD

Oh, and btw, David made up the spell I use, so if it sounds corny, blame him, not me, m'kay? ;3

BIC: The blonde was scared; two of her companions were extremely close to death. She didn't know who to save: David, with his incoming bear, or Jeremy, with the monster planning to crush Jeremy. Lauren wasn't in any better of a position, with yet another egg bear advancing on her, getting closer every second. She decided to ignore her egg bear for now; she could easily avoid her bear, but the other two could not.

Lauren ran full speed twoards the bear and ducked to sprint underneath its legs. The teen began focusing her enegry for yet another spell, this time an offensive one. She felt the familiar surges of enegry, and then a strange new thing happened -- her sapphire on the end of her staff started glowing.

Okay, I can deal with that. Then, as if someone else were speaking for her, strange words came out of her mouth.

"Ready? Light star!" Three small balls of radiant light exploaded from the end of her staff. Two of them headed towards David, the other headed towards -- you guessed it -- Jeremy. The spheres collided with the bears, temporarily stunning them. Lauren only hoped the boys would move out of the way.

She shot a quick glance at the others, who were standing aimlessly away from the fight. Lauren rolled her eyes at them. If they weren't going to fight and get to 'know' their abilities, so help it. Their loss.

Kurosaki

I waved over to Lauren as she saved me, and quickly moved out of the bears way, and instinctively moving so I was aligned with the Egg Bear attacking me, as well as the one attacking Jeremy. Little did I know that by this time, I had already strung another bow, aimed at the two, and a strange group of red symbols in a circle had formed underneath me. I felt like I was taking energy from the atmosphere, and it was flowing through my hands and into my arrow. I watched in amazement as my arrow went up in flames, but didn't burn me, nor did the fire eat at my arrow. "I'll give it a shot! Flaming Arrow!" I called as I launched the arrow, which pierced both foes.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: Wow...we just keep getting cheesier and cheesier as the battle goes on! XD

It's been so long since I've played ToS...I don't think I can come up with anything cheesier right now...but trust me...I'll dream on it! XD

IC: Jeremy took this time to cut down the egg bear in front of him. Without missing a beat, Jeremy lunged into the next Egg bear, well actually jumped on it, and cut into the monster's back as it started thrashing about. Being bucked off, Jeremy successfully killed it, but got smashed in the ribs in mid flight by a lucky shot from a nearby bear.

"This can't get any worse," Jeremy muttered to himself as he tried to catch his breath after he got the wind knocked out of him. Jumping to his feet, just intime before a egg bear can trample him, he made a mad dash for the rest of the group.

Lil' Schu

Years
  • OOC: It only sounds corny 'cause it looks better on TV...o_o; Meh...we are the heroes, we have to be corny a little bit. XD

IC: Lauren rushed farther away from the sand. If she was going to cast a spell, she needed to have quite a bit of concentration, and being in the middle of a fight didn't count as that.

The girl also noticed that Jeremy had landed hard on his ribs. "Nothing a little healing spell can't fix," she muttered, and began focusing for a First Aid spell. It wasn't easy though, and the ruckus in the battle didn't help either. "Concentrate..." Lauren felt the comforting wave of energy run throughout her body.

"Here! First Aid!" She sincerely hoped it helped ease the pain a bit.

The seventeen-year-old blonde was jogging back into the fray when a large furry purple paw scopped her up. Lauren screamed like her life depended on it -- and it probably did.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • //ooc: Oh, oh, I have a question! Whenever you guys are going to cast a Tech attack, do you have to say something first, you know like; "Wanna charge?" then "Thunder Blade//Spark wave? X33;

Yeah, me ish just curious...or probably so hyper~ish that I can't think properly anymore. X3

//ic: "You guys are amazing! Super amazing!"

Flabbergasted at the sight of the trio who had managed to work out their weapons and such, Sayuri beamed. If they're doing there best, then I should too! Earning more self-confidence of her ability, Sayuri hastily lunged at the monster keeping hold of her other chakram. She immediately pulled it out, and was now prepared to attack. She was still a tad worried that she might fail again, but she decided that if she didn't have any skill at all, then she could deal with it later. Right now, she simply must fight?and win, of course.

Just then, Lauren had screamed. A bear had caught her in its paw; and she seemed really hurt.

Panicking, she threw the chakram she had taken back and aimed for the assailant's arm. She had hoped that she threw it with enough force that it would drop Lauren at contact. But, instead, she had somehow chopped the bear's hand off. The chakram then came back to her hand, like a boomerang!

"Yay~!" She cheered, slightly believing that she might actually get better at fighting. She then rushed to Lauren's side, worried at her injuries. She knew that she could heal herself later on, but she was still really worried. "Are you alright?"

She cast a quickl glance at the remaining monsters; albeit she was really really happy at her progress, she managed a quiet apology to the bear that lost its arm because of her. Okay, she understood that it was their enemy and that they have ruthlessly attacked them, but still.

Kurosaki

OOC: Yeah Mari, only if its a Spell Tech however, XD For the sake of finishing this battle, lets say there are two left... XD

Lil' Schu

Years
  • OOC: Mari, you are hilarous! The apology...classic <3

By the way...can we have secret techs later on, like Rising Falcon, Holy Judgment, and such?

IC: Lauren wiggled in the bear's grasp. It had already crushed her left arm (which, thankfully, is not her dominant arm). Fast as light, a small round chakram came around and sliced the bear's arm off, causing her to fall approximately 7 feet on the ground. It didn't matter to her, she could always heal the broken bones and such.

Sayuri dashed over to Lauren's side to check on her. "Are you alright?"

Lauren fought back the pain she felt and managed to smile a little. "Yeah. Thanks, Sayuri. You really did well back there. And you saved my life. I owe you one." She brought herself to a standing posistion and began charging a healing spell. The blonde sincerely hoped that there would be no more distractions this time.

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    OOC: Err... are the bears gone now? xD;;;

Yoshiko watched by the sidelines, clutching the hilt of her sword.

"Wow..." she whispered in awe.

But inside, she felt at unease. Was she now a burdan to the group, unable to unlock her 'ablities'? I have to try anyways... she thought nervously, biting her lip. She rushed over to the remaining bear and slashed at it, in a 6-hit combo.

"one...two... three...four...five...six..." she mumbled under her breath after each slash. However, after the sixth attack, she paused to catch her breath, forgetting to assume a guarding position. The bear, seeing thus, slahed her arm open, blood gushing out from under her school uniform.

"I'm sorry..." she whispered as she limped painfully back to the sidelines. Sorry that she wasn't able to help, sorry that she hurt the bear... and to herself.

Kurosaki

IC: "Phew, finally, they're all gone." I moaned as I collapsed onto my back, gaining a shirt full of sand. "So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!" Of course, I couldn't tell them what else I saw in my dream before our arrival here, or what I had agreed to do.

Years
  • Rei yawned as she came from being a large tree and into the opening where she knew the gang to be. She had heard a whole lot of commotion coming from the direction of the camp and decided to back track on her exploration near by and find out what had been going on. ?Their arguing already? We haven?t been gone five minutes?

But what she saw was no argument. Blood splattered the floor and limbs were scattered in all direction, blood poring from the open gashes and small cuts. ?Bear?s?? Rei tilted her head to the side and observed the scene before her. Many Bear lay sprawled upon the ground in rather disheartening positions which made Rei?s stomach turn.

The gang on the other hand, was in slightly better condition, with only cuts and bruises to show for the earlier battle. Some were checking up on others where as the others quarter was quiet and uncaring of the event. Rei on the other hand?was confused.

?Umm?what just happened here? She asked, a quizzical look upon her face accompanied by what seemed to be a blush ?All I did was go and explore our surroundings?you know?to make sure we were safe?? She took a look at the multiple bares and grinned sheepishly, letting out a nervous laugh ?Guess we weren?t, eh??

Her head lowered in an apologetic motion, and she muttered from between clenched teeth ?Sorry?I guess?I should have been here to help or something,? she shrugged ?I dunnow?I guess my curiosity got the better of me?after all, its not usually I get to explore such a wonderful place?

Granted, she felt like a fool for missing out on this first battle all because she felt the need to explore and furthermore, she felt guilt for leaving her companions to fight off danger. The battlefield was quiet in till one of the boys moaned and collapsed onto the ground below; this caused Rei?s head to leaver upwards and observe him.

"Phew, finally, they're all gone. So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!" He had so many questions?he appeared?was that nervousness?eagerness? Rei couldn?t tell, but he seemed a little to up in the air about the whole ordeal, he had nearly been eaten by a bear and he acted as if nothing major had really happened.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Sheathing his scimitar, Jeremy just laughed, and not in a very nice way; taunting the downed boy for his exhaustion. "You can't be tellin' me yer tired now!"

Jeremy shut up there, when he mentioned getting to know everybody. Fear struck, Jeremy coughed to hide his sudden weakness and then said, "There's nothing to know about me."

He then walked off in the direction of Triet, with or without anyone following him. He wasn't going to let this group of people know that he was a theif, although it was quite evident from the ramshackle rags he called clothes. 'Besides. What's so important about getting to know someone?' his voice hissed in his mind as he stomped off.

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    "So, we're almost at Triet. Wanna finish our little hike and spend the night there? Mingle a little? Get to know each other? Cause it seems like a long journey ahead!"

"That'll be great!" Yoshiko exclamed, enthuiastically. She finished the final touches on her wounded arm, wrapping her ribbon around it to stop the bleeding. She'll really like to get to know them better - besides, Teamwork comes from building trust, and how were they going to build trust if they don't even know each other?

"There's nothing to know about me." Jeremy said suddenly, stomping over to Triet. Yoshiko looked on, her brow furrowed. Maybe all he needs is a listening ear... she thought worringly. Without a pause, she scurried after him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back