• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tapping faster = better training?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Are the results of the training determined by how fast the player is able to tap, or is it completely random? What's the best way to consistently get the upper ranked training results?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I think the training results are random and tapping faster just affects the animation speed. I've been trying to get higher scores by tapping faster and haven't gotten any success, but I might just be bad.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I had like two training sessions where I tried to tap as fast as possible and got really good results, but I haven't been able to replicate it again.

Years
  • I'm 99% sure it's random. I've had times where I tapped like crazy and still got a good result, and then plenty of attempts where I just tapped a few times and got great/excellent haha. Don't think it would be smart to base this on how fast people can tap, since not everyone has the ability to mash at their screen enough (and it's not something you should encourage either imo)?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I never even tap/touch my screen and I get seemingly random results. It's safe to say tapping doesn't matter

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • this reminds me of when people used to say that mashing A or B whilst trying to catch a mon in the main series games made it more likely to happen

they should have known better than to speak blasphemy against our Lord the RNG

Broscouts

Joey Softpaws
    Years
  • I think its a lot like the "Down B" for throwing a Pokeball, which means, it does nothing, but we all swear it does something XD

I found that spending the coins on the training areas is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    The meta game is real

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I think I have got an idea/theory on how you can get 'Great effort' or 'Amazing effort'.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need to do the following:

- Once you get to the training, you see your Magikarp at first train in a slow pace.
    - If you tap once, you'll notice it goes faster.
    - Here comes the tricky part, because the time it trains in a fast pace is about two seconds, until it fades out.
    I think what you need to try to do is tap the exact moment it begins to fade out, you get a better chance of a 'great' or 'amazing' effort.

I have no idea if it is true, but it something I have been experimenting and I get the idea it does get me results...

Nevermind it, I don't think it is possible.

Last edited:

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I only tap once to start the training, and the results are always random. I feel like the whole thing is superstition, like the button-mashing days of old already mentioned.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I only tap once to start the training, and the results are always random. I feel like the whole thing is superstition, like the button-mashing days of old already mentioned.

It is. You could tap all the way and get less results than tapping it once.

Back