• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TCard Lounge

Angelus

Up and Coming
    Years
    If I'm understanding right, you're asking what people make the Trainer Cards with, right?

If that's the question, the answer varies from person to person. Some people might use MS Paint (Which everyone has, unless they're Mac or Linux users only.), and others use programs like Paintshop or Photoshop or GIMP. Paintshop and Photoshop cost money (Legally that is) while GIMP is free to download off it's website.

Then all that's needed is a template and sprites for trainers, pok?mon, and items/text. Unless you decide you want to do your own thing, in which you need an idea of what you want, and how to do it.

It's also in the TCard FAQ;

TCard FAQ said:
    Q: What Program do I use to make the TCard?
    A: As some people believe, there is no Program Specifically for making Trainer Cards. However, you can use Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or (my reccommended), JASC Paint Shop Pro (You can find a demo at the JASC software site, its not hard, just google it! :>) From there you can edit the images that will be your trainer card. :3 (Answered by samu)

Hope it's alright to have answered the question. And properly if it is.

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    C.O.H said:
    If it is possible, yes, it's closed, and I can do nothing!
    It's been added.

CharizardMaster said:
    Um I'm new, can I get a trainer card
    This isn't the place to ask for TCards...
    Visit one of the many TCard request threads & request one.

Sapphire_Dragon said:
    This is definitely interesting. Too bad the generator doesn't have more options for the card.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Sapphire_Dragon said:
    Something I meant to post a long time ago:

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ORIGINAL (NON PINBALL USING), DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSES (NON PINBALL USING), T-CARD! (DID I MENTION NON PINBALL SPRITE USING!?!?!!)

https://img67.exs.cx/img67/9325/13yw.png
    https://img67.exs.cx/img67/1921/21be.png
    https://img67.exs.cx/img67/7836/31ti.png

I remember that. Meh, I'll try to make my style of trainer card later.

Sapphire_Dragon said:
    (DID I MENTION NON PINBALL SPRITE USING!?!?!!)
    Yes you did SD. In the above post. I'm such a wise arse. XD~

EDIT: Behold! A template dedacated to lilbluecorsola and it's my first custom template. Credit goes to Sapphire_Dragon's tutorial on how to make custom trainercards. Someone can add this to the TC supplies if they want.
    TCard Lounge

Last edited:

Angelus

Up and Coming
    Years
    It's been some time, but I actually started work on a new card.

It still needs some work yet, like some better working text, for starters.

TCard Lounge

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
    *Cough* Another template I made thanks to Sapphire_Dragon's tutorial. A bit better than the last one and it took me about an hour to do. Here it is.

TCard Lounge

Well, any comments?

Edit: I spiffed it up a little by putting the pokeball logo thing on there.

Last edited:

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Awesome, I really like the new ones.

To Angelus : *Feels inspired to make Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro cards now*

C.O.H

Patrick Star
    Years

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Angelus said:
    It's been some time, but I actually started work on a new card.

It still needs some work yet, like some better working text, for starters.

TCard Lounge
    It's nice to see a new TCard from you Angelus, it looks really nice. Funny, I think the text is pretty decent looking for the TCard. Meh, I guess it's a good idea to keep trying out other fonts though... You might find one better suited.
    Arctic Wish said:
    *Cough* Another template I made thanks to Sapphire_Dragon's tutorial. A bit better than the last one and it took me about an hour to do. Here it is.

TCard Lounge

Well, any comments?

Edit: I spiffed it up a little by putting the pokeball logo thing on there.
    It kinda has this puzzle peice feel to it. I guess because of the patterns your using is why it makes it feel that way to me. Nice job. =D

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    No comments on my tutorial :'<

BTW, feel free to put it in resources... even though it really doesn't count as a 'resource' XP

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Sapphire_Dragon said:
    No comments on my tutorial :'<

BTW, feel free to put it in resources... even though it really doesn't count as a 'resource' XP
    Whoops, guess I missed it. o.o;
    Pretty awsome tutorial m8. Covers all the basics for those upstart TCard makers. Good job. If you make anymore TCard tutorials, feel free to post them here in the lounge. I'd enjoy taking a look at them. =D

I'm not sure I want to put it in the Supplies thread & I'm not sure I want to make an entirely new thread for it either... *thinks* What to do, what to do.

Angelus

Up and Coming
    Years
    Tendo said:
    It's nice to see a new TCard from you Angelus, it looks really nice. Funny, I think the text is pretty decent looking for the TCard. Meh, I guess it's a good idea to keep trying out other fonts though... You might find one better suited.

Thanks.

I tried originally for a LCDish font, so it'd go with the rest of the card type, but all the fonts were required to be larger than possible. I had also considered just using the FR/LG text, since it's small and clean-looking, and maybe rearranging the Trainer Card and Pok?ball.

Sapphire_Dragon: The tutorial is pretty good. It's easy to follow and understand, which is a bonus.

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Thankies, Tendo.

Looks very nice. The only problem I have is the lack of a background (Or is that to add your own?) Anyway, move the bottom pinball boxes up one pixel or down one pixel, and it should be good.

Back