• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] TCG Event

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Placeholder Placeholder Placeholder

So my plan is a Modified Theme Format, with the "modification" being banning some OP theme decks (Mach Strike, maybe Imperial Command or the Forbidden Light ones, idk) and possibly the brand spanking new ones we just don't know about (the ones for Celestial Storm, which release the first Friday in August). The reason for this is that Theme is a format that a brand new player can easily access; experienced players won't have a card advantage due to everyone using pre-constructed decks. Mach Strike is banned because it literally beats every other deck in the format 80-90% of the time. However, if both players agree, Standard, Expanded, or Legacy may be used instead.

My intent, given we lack the time for a tournament, is to run it Egg Swap style - points for each match completed, you can only play each other player once, with bonus points at the end to the team with the most wins.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
    Bump with suggestion to award Normalium to every PLAYER (not team) with 4 matches complete. I'd also like to award a Flynium to the tribe with the most wins, at the GT squad's discretion. This setup will be near identical to the Mario Kart 8 one, so I'm not reposting this there :P

Years
    Bump with suggestion to award Normalium to every PLAYER (not team) with 4 matches complete. I'd also like to award a Flynium to the tribe with the most wins, at the GT squad's discretion. This setup will be near identical to the Mario Kart 8 one, so I'm not reposting this there :P

This is all fine with me, for both events!

Back