• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Ambi-Lead

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Yeah this team has worked quite well through out my battles and prolly will end up being my main team, this team also made this happen; "sims796: we shall never speak of this match again"

Anywho,

Team Ambi-Lead

Ambipom.
    H@ : Life Orb
    Nature : Jolly
    Ability : Technician
    Ev's : 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Fake out
    - Return/Double Hit
    - Payback
    - Low Sweep

Start of with Fake out which does a lot of damage to frail leads such as Mienshao and is my focus sash break, Payback is my only means of hitting Ghost types, and is a great revenge move in a way kinda ;-; Low Sweep is my speed lowering move, I usually whack Hydro's with it, along with other fast Pokemon that outspeed my team. Return is my STAB move having a BP of 100 and a STAB so it's pretty strong, I was thinking of using Double hit making it a pretty strong move and a sub breaker.

Team Ambi-Lead

Cloyster
    H@ : Focus Sash
    Ability : Skill Link
    - Shell Smash
    - Rock Blast
    - Icicle Spear
    - Razor Shell

Pretty much a standard Cloyster set that can be fierce if used right not even Heatran or Ferrothorn can be stopped by this beast, although if Heatran does appear I use Razor Shell for a STAB super-effective move with +2 Attack, the main counter to this set is silly Ol' Scizor.

Team Ambi-Lead

Hydreigon
    H@ : Choice Specs
    Nature : Timid
    Ability : Levitate
    Ev's : 4 Hp / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse/Focus Blast
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf

Specs-Gon can pretty much decimate anything, Surf, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast give me perfect coverage over everything, Dark Pulse is for a STAB and to rattle Ghosts and Psychics like Alakazam and Gengar who think they can use Focus Blast on it.

Team Ambi-Lead

Salamence
    H@ : Life Orb
    Ability : Moxie
    - Dragon Dance/Hone Claws
    - Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail/Dragon Rush
    - Fire Fang
    - Stone Edge/Earthquake

Pretty much a beast, although it could be replaced with Gyarados? Dragon Dance set-up then rip them apart with my other moves, Hone Claws over Dragon Dance means I can make Dragon Rush more effective, Dragon Dance however turns it into an even more powerful sweeper, Dragon tail can make my opponent switch out so there boosts are useless or Dragon Claw for more power and a stay-in, Stone Edge is for Ice types and Flying types Earthquake is just there, I don't use it much.

Team Ambi-Lead

Jirachi
    H@ : Leftovers
    Ability : Serene Grace
    Ev's : 80 Hp / 252 Def / 180 Spe
    - Body Slam/Thunder Wave
    - Fire Punch
    - Iron Head
    - Substitute

ParaFlinch Jirachi everyone's best friend <3<3 This thing is so annoying its un-believable @_@ Even I was annoyed when using it cause' it kept winning, Fire Punch is there for Ferro, Forretress and Scizor, Substitute for the usual stalling.

Team Ambi-Lead

Rotom-W
    H@ : Choice Specs
    Nature : Timid
    Ability : Levitate
    Ev's : 4 Hp / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
    - Hydro pump
    - Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire/Ice]
    - Trick

Yeah couldn't find the sprite. Standard Trick-Tom messes up Choice Banders pretty bad and I laugh :3 VS is for getting out of a sticky situation, whilst Hydro is there for STAB and power, Hidden power Ice is for Dragons that annoy me but Fire is for Ferro and co.

Rate and such :'3 I actually love this team. :3

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    *thumbs up* I approve of this team. ITS JUST MISSING VOLCANORA </3

Though Ambipom is backed by decent strength, Ferrothorn comes in and is all like "lol" when the recoil from Iron Thorns does more than Fake out. (Okay, maybe I exaggerate a tad...) I've always liked Fake out+Protect+Claw Sharpen+Last Resort, not to mention Last Resort got a buff. But that would only come in use late game when you have taken care of opposing Scizor, Tyranitar and/or Ferrothorn which litter the whole meta game. Also, Technician Boosted Double Hit is slightly stronger than Return. Goes well with Claw Sharpen, and has the ability to break Substitutes.
    I think you could do better than Ambipom, quite honestly though. D:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    You can use U-turn somewhere on Ambipom so if it's up against something it has a hard time dealing with, it can use that and get to a Pokemon who can deal with the opponent.

IMO, the standard Gen IV Salamence set is the better way to go because of Outrage (which is unfortunately illegal with Moxie), but your Salamence set is pretty interesting.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    You can use U-turn somewhere on Ambipom so if it's up against something it has a hard time dealing with, it can use that and get to a Pokemon who can deal with the opponent.

IMO, the standard Gen IV Salamence set is the better way to go because of Outrage (which is unfortunately illegal with Moxie), but your Salamence set is pretty interesting.

I'll probably replace that over Low Sweep, since it never helps me, I never run into Bisharp's or anything.

Salamence is a tricky one, having so many sets and moves it's hard to choose which one to decimate people with. I've decided to keep the one I have, since Moxie only requires me to do one DD then sweep.

Hm wouldn't a choice spec latios be better than hydreigon?

Latios is in voting for being banned from OU, so until that is decided all suspects are banned from use unless it's Uber, so I'm keeping Hydreigon since it's the best I've got.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It looks like you have a more than little trouble with Conkeldurr - especially if you lose your Rotom-W. If it gets in a Bulk Up, it can smack everything on your team and basically OHKO it (and Salamence having Moxie doesn't help at all). I think you could try running SubDisable Gengar (aka the greatest Conkeldurr counter in the universe) over something like Cloyster. I mean, you lose out on the potential insta-sweep that Cloyster can get, but tbh Cloyster is one of those Pokemon that doesn't really contribute anything to a team because it literally shouldn't be absorbing hits before it comes in or else it's useless. Plus, it cuts out one of your Conkeldurr-weak Pokemon and puts in something that crushes it. Having Gengar in there would also give you more natural speed, meaning that you can outspeed stuff without relying on predicting right every time, like you have to with Rotom-W.

I'll edit this if I see anything else, but good luck with your team!

Back