• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Building Help

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2017
    I am new to the generations past gen 3, and am looking for some help!

I am playing with gens 1-6 (all pokes available) and here is my current team:

Charizard (Anor) - Flying / Fire
    Blastoise (Ulmo) - Water
    Zebstrika (Inazuma) - Electric
    Zoroark (Midnight) - Dark
    Garchomp (Draconia) - Dragon / Ground

With Snorlax as my filler at the moment.

I feel I have decent coverage with minimal weaknesses. I planned to have Sylveon until I found out that poke is not in this particular game.

So, what do you think? What should I swap Snorlax out for and why? There are megas and alola pokes as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2017
    As a side note: I would prefer for my final poke to be beyond gen 1.

Also, if you don't have a Pokemon suggestion but do have a type suggestion, that would be appreciated as well!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I don't see any particular type your team is weak to, and since this is an in-game team, just go with a Pok?mon you like! Maybe a Steel type could help with Dragon types since nothing in your team resists them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2017
    If I do that, I may run with a Turtwig-Torterra. But, really just doing this as a pre-lim run. Trying to start dabbling in the latter gens to see if I like them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2017
    I feel like I am lacking in dragon, and poison, coverage. Which to me calls for a psychic/ice combo. Just what I am seeing at the moment.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • We need to see your team's moves, natures, EVs, items and abilities. That way, we can give a better rate.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2017
    We need to see your team's moves, natures, EVs, items and abilities. That way, we can give a better rate.

I do not know the first thing about EVs...but here is the rest:
    Charizard - Nature: Jolly ; Ability: Blaze ; Item: None ; Moveset: Flamethrower, Fly, Flame Burst, Wing Attack

Blastoise - Nature: Jolly ; Ability: Torrent ; Item: None ; Moveset: Water Pulse, Aqua Tail, Skull Bash, Protect

Zoroark - Nature: Quiet ; Ability: Intimidate; Item: BlackGlasses; Moveset: Focus Blast, Punishment, Feint Attack, Cut

Garchomp - Nature: Serious; Ability: Sand Stream; Item: None ; Moveset: Dig, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Crunch

Zebstrika - Nature: Relaxed ; Ability: Motor Drive; Item: None ; Moveset: Discharge, Stomp, Flame Charge, Spark

Note: All Moveset and Items are a work in progress. Suggestions are more than welcome!

Back