• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Cataclysm! .:Recruiting:.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
Years
  • Team Cataclysm

.:Introduction:.
    Hello all!
    I'm MiniminGames, creator of Pokemon Cataclysm.
    For those who don't know about the hack, click here.
    I am getting very ambitious about this hack, and while I think I'm pretty good in certain areas, I think this hack needs more ideas, opinions, and skills.
    And with more people working and collaborating, the hack is done quicker and easier.
    So I've decided to make a team!

Why Should you Join?
    - Gain access to the hack's Dropbox, where you can always access the latest, bleeding-edge version of the hack.
    - I'm flexible, I will certainly hear out your ideas, no matter how crazy they are.
    - Get your name on the hack's credits! :D

.:Members:.
    MiniminGames
    -Main Planner of the hack
    -Music Composer & Inserter
    -Story Writer
    -Scripter
    -Mapper

Rashoumon
    -Spriter

AlexNovember
    -Co-writer

Beta Testers:
    TheZenMovies, millsr0ck, ProPawniard

Inactive:
    bsubroncoes1
    -Spriter

Inazuma Tamashi
    -Spriter

Bigpokemonfan0
    -Cry maker

.:Recruiting!:.
    To join, reply filling out the following form:

Your Hacking Skills: (What can you do)
    What you want to be: (Pick one from the list below, or just tell what you want to do)
    Describe experience: (Specify how good you are at it)
    Proof of work: (What you have you already done in the past, important)
    Time Zone: (For convenience)
    MSN: (Ease of communication)
    What motivates you: (What makes you want to help?)

What can you apply for:
    -Spriter
    Create sprites! This hack involves a lot of custom sprites, I will be accepting many spriters with decent skill. Keep in mind though that they must be at least better than mine.
    -Scripter
    Involves creating and editing scripts. Will be needing mostly advanced scripters as I can script well enough myself.
    -Mapper
    Mapping is not just making a new place; it's making the place live. Note that I am not in urgent need of mappers.
    -Beta Tester
    I seed the next build of the game to beta-testers about 3 days before the release. Beta-testers get to report as many bugs as possible and often make recommendations to make sure everything works well.
    -Other
    Tell us what you can help. I certainly didn't list out everything!

Example:
    Your Hacking Skills: Scripting, Mapping, Music Hacking, Writing, etc.
    What you want to be: Music hacker
    Describe experience: I can compose, insert and loop music.
    Proof of work: Here (You can link a video, or attach an image or anything you find necessary)
    Time Zone: -3
    What motivates you: This hack's storyline oozes awesomeness.

You can click on my signature to
    ↓ see more details about the hack! ↓​

Last edited:

bsubroncoes1

BSU-the great debate
    Years
  • Skills- Mapping, a little bit of trainer spriting
    What i want- either would be fine
    Exp.-w FR ROM made attempted magnet train station, and altered boy (soon to be girl as well) "you" trainers completely.
    Proof- Getting something to you asap link will be here
    Time Zone- CST, USA
    Motivation?- 1st team application, looking forward to a good hack

A question is that are we doing fakemon? bcause if we are, i request that they are done right, no offense. I do have a few ideas on fakemon, i can pm you those at some time.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • FR ROM made attempted magnet train station
    That's awesome :O

trainer spriting
    That's good, the hack is really needing it.

are we doing fakemon?
    Yes! And a lot of them. You seem like you didn't see the hack yet. Have a quick look at the hack's thread.

i request that they are done right
    You mean sprites?

Your application is good, but I need POW to accept it :)

Inazuma Tamashi

Captain of the UNISC Asori
    Years
  • Your Name: Inazuma Tamashi.
    Your Hacking Skills: I'm a digital artist.
    What you want to be: anything that involves art.
    Describe experience: I can make banners, icons, can try fakemon, text art, and other things
    Proof of work: www .furaffinity .net/ user /chrissilves/ (take out spaces..)
    Time Zone: um I live in Florida.
    What motivates you: I can't resist a chance to make art

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • Your Name: Inazuma Tamashi.
    Your Hacking Skills: I'm a digital artist.
    What you want to be: anything that involves art.
    Describe experience: I can make banners, icons, can try fakemon, text art, and other things
    Proof of work: www .furaffinity .net/ user /chrissilves/ (take out spaces..)
    Time Zone: um I live in Florida.
    What motivates you: I can't resist a chance to make art

Sounds good! I say you're in. As soon as I get the dropbox sorted, I'll send you the password via PM.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Okay, I know you heard this before but, I like to join the team. But there's one problem, I going on vacation with my parents near the end of this month. But don't worry, I'll make some cries before leaving. If I didn't make one on time, I'll do it when I get back home. I promise.

And please send me some requests on the notepad file after you agree to let me join, the requests about a pokemon's sprite that's edited, and I'll check it's type and record using Morph Vox Pro and then edit it with Wavosaur.

I hope you said yes?

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • Okay, I know you heard this before but, I like to join the team. But there's one problem, I going on vacation with my parents near the end of this month. But don't worry, I'll make some cries before leaving. If I didn't make one on time, I'll do it when I get back home. I promise.

And please send me some requests on the notepad file after you agree to let me join, the requests about a pokemon's sprite that's edited, and I'll check it's type and record using Morph Vox Pro and then edit it with Wavosaur.

I hope you said yes?

Sure, no problem, I don't want this whole team thing to be a burden on anyone, do it at your pace.
    I'll soon send you the dropbox, you'll find everything there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Application

Hello, my name is Alex. Ever since I can remember, I have loved Pokemon. The thought of helping create one of the games is beautiful. The fact that this game is being made by other Pokemon lovers is also amazing. I do not have any proof of my work, but I hope that you can trust that I can write. Here is my application:

Your Hacking Skills: I have a creative mind, and can write stories. (plots)
    What you want to be: I would like to write for the story and plot. (If it's not finished already) I also want to help make the dialogue. It would be amazing.
    Describe experience: I wrote four chapters to a book a year ago, and everyone I showed it to begged me to finish it. My old laptop was destroyed during a move to a new city, and I lost the story. I also started writing a plot and storyline to a game I had ambitions of creating.
    Proof of work: I don't have any proof of these things that I told you, but if you let me, I'll write a passage or part of a story for you.
    Time Zone: -6
    What motivates you: "This hack's storyline oozes awesomeness." Which is true. It is also my dream to help to create a Pokemon game.

Last edited:

XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX

PokeHacker!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 25, 2013
    Your Hacking Skills: (What can you do) Scripting And Mapping
    What you want to be: (Pick one from the list below, or just tell what you want to do) Mapping And Scripting
    Describe experience: (Specify what you are good at)Mapping I Guess.....More Better Than Scripting
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x3200
    if b_true goto $alreadygotone
    message $poke
    $poke 1 = Do you want Charizard /p as a Pokemon?
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 1 goto $get
    message $toobad
    $toobad 1 = Charizard is a Fire Pokemon. /n It is Very Strong.
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $get
    lock
    message $get1
    $get1 1 = Alright here you go!
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 06 16 0
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x3200
    release
    end

#org $alreadygotone
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $how
    $how 1 = Charizard is a Fire Pokemon. /n It is Very Strong.You're very lucky!
    boxset 6
    release
    end

Time Zone: (For convenience)GMT +8
    What motivates you: (What makes you want to help?) Really don't know....

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • Your Hacking Skills: (What can you do) Scripting And Mapping
    What you want to be: (Pick one from the list below, or just tell what you want to do) Mapping And Scripting
    Describe experience: (Specify what you are good at)Mapping I Guess.....More Better Than Scripting
    <picture>
    Time Zone: (For convenience)GMT +8
    What motivates you: (What makes you want to help?) Really don't know....

You really don't know what makes you want to help?
    By saying that, I only get the feeling you are going to stay a few days and drop out. :\

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    Current Skills / Position Requested: Everything other than sprite inserting and editing, everything else I can dabble with them all.

How much time can you work with the team daily: few hours...

Examples of your work in this department: please don't expect me to do scripting all the time I get really bored of it doing it all the time I wan't to do other things aswell - but here is an example of my scripting.

Spoiler:

Timezone: Don't even know -.- haha.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • Your Hacking Skills: Most of my skills are in mapping, tile making for the maps, and creating music
    What you want to be: Mapper, basic Spriter, Tile Maker, Tile Inserter, Plot Creator, or Music Composer... any of these and I'm happy :)
    Proof of work: I don't have much proof with me at the moment, but when I leave here to go back home tomorow I'll be back at my computer where I can pull up some proof for you in an edit to this post or a pm.
    Time Zone: I live in Mississippi sooooooo I think that puts me in US Central Time Zone.
    What motivates you: I want to get some more experience under my belt and it'd be nice to say I've worked on a hack that got finished since I have only worked on my own (and it is extremely time consuming when I create one alone from scratch which is why it isn't finished yet)

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • I took some time away from PC and PC (PokeCommunity and Pokemon Cataclysm, conveniently the same abbreviation) So sorry if I didn't answer your post until now.

------------

@MUDKIPS4LIFE

Job: Mapper and spriter
    time:Any day but on weekdays i only have a few hours in the afternoon.
    proof: <links>

email:[email protected]

Your maps do seem pretty neat. But your sprites are quite average (Quite on par with mine, and that's not a good thing.)
    And you filled in only 2 of the 6 required info fields. Sorry but we can't accept you into the team like this.

------------

@XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX

To Improve my skills ........

Sounds fair...
    Now on to your application:
    Your script does seem pretty basic. I feel that getting someone else to do this kind of script would be more of a hassle than a help, considering my method of collaboration on the team.
    Your map seems quite bland and incomplete. There are missing tiles, trees have a very artificial-looking placement, and how are you supposed to leave that house in the bottom once you go down that ledge?

Overall, if you were really excited and motivated to help in the game, I'd certainly count you in, but I'm not quite sure if you have that :\

------------

@rydrew123

Current Skills / Position Requested: Everything other than sprite inserting and editing, everything else I can dabble with them all.

How much time can you work with the team daily: few hours...

Examples of your work in this department: please don't expect me to do scripting all the time I get really bored of it doing it all the time I wan't to do other things aswell - but here is an example of my scripting.

<script>

Timezone: Don't even know -.- haha.

Uhm. Your scripting? That script is in vanilla FireRed. 0x165399. Look it up on XSE. Unless you work at Nintendo and made that script. That would be firkin awesome. Otherwise, wtf dude ಠ_ಠ

But... If you have other things you would like to show, then please do. I will not count that script unless you give me a good reason to.

Your time zone is GMT.

------------

@XxTOOLxX

Your Hacking Skills: Most of my skills are in mapping, tile making for the maps, and creating music
    What you want to be: Mapper, basic Spriter, Tile Maker, Tile Inserter, Plot Creator, or Music Composer... any of these and I'm happy
    Proof of work: I don't have much proof with me at the moment, but when I leave here to go back home tomorow I'll be back at my computer where I can pull up some proof for you in an edit to this post or a pm.
    Time Zone: I live in Mississippi sooooooo I think that puts me in US Central Time Zone.
    What motivates you: I want to get some more experience under my belt and it'd be nice to say I've worked on a hack that got finished since I have only worked on my own (and it is extremely time consuming when I create one alone from scratch which is why it isn't finished yet)

Yes, I think you got why I'm making a team, it's for that exact reason that it's extremely time-consuming when you work alone. Tile maker sounds really nice and if you gave examples of that and other things I would be glad to have you in.

------------

On to Cataclysm news:

Development of Cataclysm has been on hiatus these last few weeks as I've been focusing on other things. But I'm planning to start the ROM over in FireRed or Emerald. (Most likely FireRed)

This time I will have a clear development timeline and have everything planned out so that the scripts won't end up in a big knot as it has been in the current ROM.

I plan to get back into development in January.
    Meanwhile you can still apply to Team Cataclysm.
    If I accept your application, note that I won't give the Dropbox password until I resume development. When I do, I will send all members of the team a PM, confirming their presence.

That's it!

Oh, and I've added a new requirement for applications: MSN address. It's actually more convenient than I thought it would be.

One more thing; the original thread for Cataclysm is now one month old, which I think it's too late to revive. Not too bad considering I'll start over in a new ROM soon. I'll make a new thread once I have enough material to show.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Your Hacking Skills: Map
    What you want to be: Mapper
    Describe experience: I been hacking for a year and i guess i picked up alot of experience along the way(proof of work to show how good i am at it)
    Proof of work: Ohk ill post uhm 2-3maps i did for my game recently

Time Zone: (For convenience)i think its GNT+2
    MSN: (Ease of communication) If im accepetd ill pm
    What motivates you: (What makes you want to help?) Well you seem dedicated thats the main reason honestly and you look upon people fairly and see what they are capable of, i like that sa if my map sucks you will tell me your map sucks i like that in that way i can improve on it, also i want to be apart of a team that doesnt quit and with your spirit it seems as ifd this is the team.

MiniminGames

aka MGPlatinium
    Years
  • @M.L

Your Hacking Skills: Map
    What you want to be: Mapper
    Describe experience: I been hacking for a year and i guess i picked up alot of experience along the way(proof of work to show how good i am at it)
    Proof of work: Ohk ill post uhm 2-3maps i did for my game recently
    <pics>
    Time Zone: (For convenience)i think its GNT+2
    MSN: (Ease of communication) If I'm accepted ill pm
    What motivates you: (What makes you want to help?) Well you seem dedicated that's the main reason honestly and you look upon people fairly and see what they are capable of, i like that as if my map sucks you will tell me your map sucks I like that in that way I can improve on it, also I want to be apart of a team that doesn't quit and with your spirit it seems as if this is the team.

Well, thanks! I am indeed taking this project quite seriously.
    And I like your maps, they seem natural, with varied features and details.
    I say you are in! :D
    Expect a PM from me with further details in the coming weeks.

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    I shall lucky im on holidays xD so until the 21st im free then i go away to somewhere with no pc :( haha.
    Btw do you want my email?

Back