• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Dreamborn

Years
  • Introduction, and Our Team:
    Welcome! We are Team Dreamborn, a new group with hope to create a unique game that goes beyond that of the same old, same old. Personally, I am not new to game design, but have only just dove into the world of ROM hacking. My hope is to build a small community that can work together to create a fun and unique game we can all be proud of!

Our Project:
    Our project, as it stands, is Project Adventure (we haven?t decided on a name quite yet). The game follows the story of a young adult shipmate aboard the SS Sham. After the ship?s captain catches wind of the increasingly profitable job of working for an Adventure Guild, he sends his most capable shipmate (you) off to reap in the wealth.

Seeing as your goal is not to become champion, the game progresses a bit differently than your average Pokemon adventure. Most progress is done via quests issued by the Adventure Guild. Some of these are necessary to progress, while several others are side quests that reward valuable items or Technique Scrolls (TMs). Because of this, you are rarely limited to a linear route to travel by. You?ll often have a whole host of areas you can travel to unlocked all at once, giving a more open-world experience. Some main quests reward you with an emblem, which allows you clearance to progress into more dangerous territories. Although you much be careful in uncharted territory, you never know when you?ll be ambushed. Or even worse, the world around you may begin to change! You may even run into a boss!

There are other features I?d love to implement to better fit the fantasy setting. Gathering ingredients for alchemy, traveling deep into the mines for valuable ores, discovering hidden dungeons, and much more!

One thing to note is that the game does not take place in the typical Pokemon world, but instead a separate fantasy would. In this fantasy world, there exists magic, technology is scarce, and the world is populated by a number of different creatures. As such, the game is 100% custom Pokemon. Fortunately, I do have a fairly large amount of these already designed, and made sprites of, although I?d be open to new ideas, as well as some planned Pokemon don?t have designs quite yet. I attached an image with a few of our custom Pokemon, including the starters, an early boss, and a few others.

Who are we looking for?:
    In general, we are happy to accept any sort of help you?d be willing to offer.

Scripter - (Probably the biggest necessity at this point)
    ASM -
    Spriter -
    Mapper -
    Tileset Manager -
    Writer/Story -

Application:
    If you are interested in helping us out, please fill out the following application.

Skill(s): (Just let us know what you?re willing to help out with)
    Proof of Concept: (Not necessary, but appreciated)
    Preferred Contact: (Be it PM, email, or otherwise. If you don?t want this info to be public, feel free to PM me this instead)
    Anything else you?d like us to know: (Again, optional)

Current Team Members:
    Puffle754 - Lead Developer
    Lunar Proxy - Concept Design
    IceGummi - Mapping/Story

Progress:
    Mainly, we?re in the planning/mapping stage as of the moment. Once we have a bit more to show, I?ll update the progress to include a link to the game?s thread.

I hope you consider joining our team, and please feel free to leave any feedback you may have!

Attachments

• Team Dreamborn
      Fakemon.png
      31.8 KB · Views: 13
    Last edited:
    Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I like your fakemon, they are good quality. However, I'd focus on having 100% fakemon be the end goal, instead of, as some hackers do, getting bogged down trying to fully complete that dex at once, and let a few normal pokemon that fit the setting be in until/if you design a replacement.

I don't see it listed anywhere - what ROM are you hacking?

Years
  • I like your fakemon, they are good quality. However, I'd focus on having 100% fakemon be the end goal, instead of, as some hackers do, getting bogged down trying to fully complete that dex at once, and let a few normal pokemon that fit the setting be in until/if you design a replacement.

I don't see it listed anywhere - what ROM are you hacking?

Hey, thanks for the compliment! :)

We've got a pretty good chunk of the FakeDex completed and sprited so far, although we are getting to the point where we're looking to start actual development.

As for the ROM, the current plan is to go with Fire Red, mainly due to preferring it's aesthetics. That said, we're still at the point where a good argument could have us switch to Emerald.

Years
  • Just an update, we'd like to welcome our newest member to the team, IceGummi! :) He has kindly offered to help out with mapping, and dialogue! Welcome to the team!

In addition, I'll likely update the thread within the next couple days with some more progress. Going forward, we're are at the moment especially seeking someone with scripting knowledge. In addition, I am hoping to find someone willing to help speed up the spriting process. A fairly good chunk of the custom Pokemon have a front sprite prepared, but I would deeply appreciate some help with making some of the back sprites.

If you are at all interested, please let me know, we'd love to have you on the team! :)

Last edited:
    Back