• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Years
  • I had a lot of trouble with this guy, and am not particularly proud of it...
    Team Faze

TehSquidly

. . .
    Years
  • Birobulbs back sprite

Team Faze

I've been gone for way to long... I'm starting to get back into spriting.

I'm not trying to upstage anyone but I made a solire aswell in a slightly differnt style.
    Team Faze
    I like your spriting style Kirbychu :]. Tell me what you guys think.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Delwat turned out pretty good, it's a tough one to do.

Like I PM'd, that Briobulb looks good, but the end of the vine is too fat, and the vines actually come out of the rear of his base kind of like tails.
    I like Soilare as well, although the tail position is kind of odd. I liked the body color of Kirbychu's, maybe we can adapt that to this one as well as change the way the plates go on his tail. Also, while the artwork has a spikeless plate right behind his head, we could probably throw that out and put a spike there. On Kirbychu's we could just remove the plates and call it Geoliz, or even keep it exactly as it is because Geoliz originally had plates on his head too.

Last edited:

TehSquidly

. . .
    Years
  • Delwat turned out pretty good, it's a tough one to do.

Like I PM'd, that Briobulb looks good, but the end of the vine is too fat, and the vines actually come out of the rear of his base kind of like tails.
    I like Soilare as well, although the tail position is kind of odd. I liked the body color of Kirbychu's, maybe we can adapt that to this one as well as change the way the plates go on his tail. Also, while the artwork has a spikeless plate right behind his head, we could probably throw that out and put a spike there. On Kirbychu's we could just remove the plates and call it Geoliz, or even keep it exactly as it is because Geoliz originally had plates on his head too.
    Alright I'll fix that. Your right about Soilare. You just want me to update the pallate of it and change the plates on his tail right?

Team Faze
    Is this what you meant? I wasn't sure if you were talking to me when you said changing the plates.

I finished Soliare's back sprite
    Team Faze
    Tell me what you guys think. I think its the 2nd best I've done so far but I'll let you be the judge of that..

I don't know how I feel about this one :
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • The Soilare backsprite looks great.
    What I meant about the plates on his tail is that his tail wouldn't curl at that angle, instead the plates would be on the top side to show that it's kind of twisted.
    Ugh, I'll just make a really cheap drawing of it.
    Spoiler:

The spikes further down his back don't have to be so dark, and he could still use another one on that empty plate behind his head.
    The palette change looks good.

As far as Briobulb goes, the first one gets the right idea, but his vine doesn't have to have that 'S' curve; you can just make it one big sweeping curve. The center of his back should be near the left edge of the sprite judging by how his eye shows, making it almost like a side view. For final touches, tilt the end of the vine forwards instead of straight up and make the fringes at the top of the bulb less rounded. It should more or less resemble Bulbasaur's.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • There's Elezma
    Team Faze

The horn is always the hardest. D:

I've been wondering, are we going to attempt to throw 4th generation Pokemon into this? I wouldn't mind resizing them, or maybe even just redoing them from scratch.

Great job, and I know what you mean about the horn.

Some fourth gen pokemon aren't out of the question, and scratched sprites would definitely be awesome. Which ones did you have in mind? I've still got all of the prevos and Roserade from my last hack.

Years
  • Hiya Curty I think I could sprite and map a lil' instead(scripting is kinda hard)
    I actually understand mapping and spriting a bit(thanks for those links) and if you read this before your messages, can I sprite on a laptop? Map?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Hiya Curty I think I could sprite and map a lil' instead(scripting is kinda hard)
    I actually understand mapping and spriting a bit(thanks for those links) and if you read this before your messages, can I sprite on a laptop? Map?

We don't need any more mappers...
    As far as that laptop, it's fine as long as you can upload to photobucket. That thing was never my friend though, so I doubt you'll be able to use it. Plus, spriting can be a real b-word on a laptop (*shudders at thought of touch-pad*).
    I couldn't jump right into spriting, and you won't either. Trust me, it takes time (that I don't have).

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't have a clue what Curt is doing but once he has finished a can go back to mapping so we can an alpha out!!!!11!!!one! Awesomeness!!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't have a clue what Curt is doing but once he has finished a can go back to mapping so we can an alpha out!!!!11!!!one! Awesomeness!!

College gets rough lol.
    I'll try this next week though. Have you heard anything from Squidley?

!OW Spriter wanted!

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I 'ain't heard anything from anyone... I get left out a lot.

Join the club.
    I haven't seen hide nor hair of Squidly in a while, but Kirbychu is still around. He's very busy as well though, so... yeah. I'm basically waffling on how I want to do the whole introduction/crash course training thing with Ghost.
    But right now I've got a paper to finish. Eight solid pages about PokeCommunity, and it's taken as perfectly normal. I <3 college.

Back