• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team help

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
Years
I just need some help with my White team. It consist of...

Venusaur
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 SpDf/ 252 Spd/ 4 Hp
Moves: Toxic, Substitute, Leech Seed, Petal Dance

Swampert
Nature: Brave
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 SpDf
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Muddy Water, Hammer Arm

Metagross
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 Df/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpAtk
Moves: Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Psychic, Hammer Arm

Hydreigon
Nature: Brave
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 Spd
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Focus Blast, Hyper Beam

Volcarona
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 SpAtk/ 252 SpDf/ 4 Spd
Moves: Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Sunny Day, Solar Beam

Braviary
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Df
Moves: Brave Bird, Rock Slide, Slash, Superpower

So, how is it?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Sunny Day + Solarbeam is too gimmicky on Volcorona. Go with Bug Buzz for secondary STAB and Substitute, which helps you to set up Quiver Dances.

Return > Slash on Braviary. Sure, the crit-rate on Slash is cool, but Return is more reliable.

Surf > Muddy Water on Swampert. iirc Surf has a higher power and/or accuracy than Muddy Water.

Being locked into a move is annoying for a bulky Pokemon, which is why I think Giga Drain > Petal Dance is good on Venusaur. Plus it allows you to heal yourself further so as to replenish subs.

Flamethrower > Focus Blast on Hydreigon as Flamethrower gets better accuracy and also great coverage alongside Outrage. I'd also go with Crunch > Hyper Beam as Crunch gets STAB, is a powerful move, can pick off Psychic-types easily as they generally have a low defence, and plus Hyper Beam requires a recharge time which is gross.

Sorry for the meh-ish rate, it's been a while since I've rated.

Back