• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Masterz

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Alright it looks great, and don't worry I know about the border :3
    But just so you know when you map for the hack, I do want the trainer to be able to pass through of the trees.

And the tree passing won't be a problem, I just don't normally do it :) So should I just stack all of the trees from now on? Ready for my first assignment whenever, too :P

Edit: Also, in your sig, how did you get the scrollbars and the red border around your pics? If it's a secret that's fine

THHtutorials

Master Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Username: THHtutorials
    Nickname: THHtutorials
    Position Wanted: Mapper or Scripter
    Proof of Work: on Youtube Username THHtutorials
    Time/Days On: usually everyday
    Time Zone: GMT -08:00

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • Username: THHtutorials
    Nickname: THHtutorials
    Position Wanted: Mapper or Scripter
    Proof of Work: on Youtube Username THHtutorials
    Time/Days On: usually everyday
    Time Zone: GMT -08:00

Well your scripts seem to be intermediate. I want to know if you can do event scripts, and i mean long event scripts.
    Also I didn't see any proof of mapping on the youtube channel, so when you can please submit some.

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    On second thoughts, I will actually have something to show you. Gimme a while and I'll come up with something :D

EDIT: Alright.. this took me like 20 minutes or something, and please ignore whatever tile errors are there because I know what/where they are already. Also, please excuse the trees on top and bottom for being straight, but they need to be for my border to work. Otherwise it'd look terrible. I'm new-ish to making trees look less straight, so apologies.

As another added note, I DON'T typically allow the tops of trees to be passable, just because the fact is I like to make borders like I have on the sides. (With the spaces between the trees, as well as stacking them) I will stack them all if necessary but I'd rather not; but this makes it so I can't have grass mixed in on the tops of trees, which looks stupid anyway.

https://img688.imageshack.us/f/map1f.jpg/

There's the link.

Edit 2: This is just a simple short route in case it was hard to tell :P I also hate houses in the middle of routes unless they have a significant purpose..

Edit 3: Oh right... The tileset is different, obviously, from the normal FR, but I can adapt to any tileset given, unless it's absolutely HIDEOUS. Then I'll probably die ;__: I got this tileset from.. somewhere, I honestly couldn't tell you. Sorry for the edits.

I'm going to give some feedback and a rating.
    Way Way Way too many flowers and grass. Remove some of it. It seems you just shot out Grass and flowers. The flowers do not go good straight. The grass patches will make me angry because running into wild Pokemon Oh My god Noooooooooo!!! (Runs into a Pikachu)
    The top ledge has an error in it. The two ledges connected together is a big no no. Connect it with a boulder instead. No bushes? Add some. The one boulder is odd because it doesn't fit. As I said add bushes. There are too many entrances. Connect the trees together so that won't happen.
    Sorry if I'm going a little harsh I'm just trying to help you get better.
    Rating: 4/10

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
  • I'm going to give some feedback and a rating.
    Way Way Way too many flowers and grass. Remove some of it. It seems you just shot out Grass and flowers. The flowers do not go good straight. The grass patches will make me angry because running into wild Pokemon Oh My god Noooooooooo!!! (Runs into a Pikachu)
    The top ledge has an error in it. The two ledges connected together is a big no no. Connect it with a boulder instead. No bushes? Add some. The one boulder is odd because it doesn't fit. As I said add bushes. There are too many entrances. Connect the trees together so that won't happen.

I dont think thats harsh at all, its the truth. Listen to Chaos^ xD

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • I'm going to give some feedback and a rating.

Well the trees that give off entrances are like that because he's used to making the entire tree a block (you didn't read ha! lol jk jk)
    And the grass (even though i hate running into pokemon) should be there because maybe its a dense forest (also thats what why the game has Repel lol)
    And the flowers well you don't know if he was aiming for a gardenish look.

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    I'm going to give some feedback and a rating.

Thanks for the feedback :) I appreciate it because it was actually constructive. But like I said, I put this out in about 20 minutes.

Flowers/Grass: I'm a fan of decorating, otherwise it looks bland to me. just as well, if you notice, you're only going through 19 patches, and those are required to get through the route. I made emtpy patches just for that reason, and all the grass is just because people should be forced to go through at least some. And what about hidden items? You should have to walk a bit for them :)
    Bushes: My tileset doesn't have bushes: it has rocks. Otherwise I would have. My tileset is odd that way.
    Ledges Running Together: Why is this bad? :o I've never had anyone say this before.
    One Boulder: Lol, I realised I misdid my trees later on, space wise, and wasn't about to restart so I put a rock there.
    Entrances: No, there are only two. Sorry for the confusion, it's just the way I make my trees sometimes. (Explained a couple posts up. Already discussed with Pep.)

But once again, I really do appreciate your constructivity. If you'd explain the ledge thing, though, that'd be nice. (I'm actually not sure which ledges cnnecting you're talking about. Please point that out as well; but now that I think of it, you're probably talking about the northwestern one and the one in the middlenorth.)

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Thanks for the feedback :) I appreciate it because it was actually constructive. But like I said, I put this out in about 20 minutes.

Flowers/Grass: I'm a fan of decorating, otherwise it looks bland to me. just as well, if you notice, you're only going through 19 patches, and those are required to get through the route. I made emtpy patches just for that reason, and all the grass is just because people should be forced to go through at least some. And what about hidden items? You should have to walk a bit for them :)
    Bushes: My tileset doesn't have bushes: it has rocks. Otherwise I would have. My tileset is odd that way.
    Ledges Running Together: Why is this bad? :o I've never had anyone say this before.
    One Boulder: Lol, I realised I misdid my trees later on, space wise, and wasn't about to restart so I put a rock there.
    Entrances: No, there are only two. Sorry for the confusion, it's just the way I make my trees sometimes. (Explained a couple posts up. Already discussed with Pep.)

But once again, I really do appreciate your constructivity. If you'd explain the ledge thing, though, that'd be nice. (I'm actually not sure which ledges cnnecting you're talking about. Please point that out as well; but now that I think of it, you're probably talking about the northwestern one and the one in the middlenorth.)
    Bushes: That is really bad that it didn't come with it. Lol
    Ledge Running Together: Yeah I'm talking about that one. It just doesn't look appealing IMO.
    Entrances: An Idea is IDK yet.

Pretty decent map.
    You told me some of corrections and it's a 6.5/10

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Bushes: That is really bad that it didn't come with it. Lol
    Ledge Running Together: Yeah I'm talking about that one. It just doesn't look appealing IMO.
    Entrances: An Idea is IDK yet.

Pretty decent map.
    You told me some of corrections and it's a 6.5/10

:) Thanks. OK, yeah, I was also wondering about the ledge too, but basically put it there anyway. It looks better with the rock since I added it.

So, that's what I'll be using from now on. I still need bushes though ;__;

Actually, the tiny trees might be the bush replacement. Oh well.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • :) Thanks. OK, yeah, I was also wondering about the ledge too, but basically put it there anyway. It looks better with the rock since I added it.

So, that's what I'll be using from now on. I still need bushes though ;__;

Actually, the tiny trees might be the bush replacement. Oh well.

Well we are going to be using the Fire Red tiles so don't worry they have bushes lol.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
    Years
  • Username:Minime010
    Nickname:Minime
    Position Wanted: Scripting(super good at) and Beta testing
    Proof of Work: Ask qaz015393
    Time/Days On: Some time usually every day
    Time Zone: UTC? (dont know time zones well)

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    I added a map!!!
    bottom of post

Wow! That map is great!

By the way can anyone send me a IPS patch of the tileset?

Edit 1: Actually I can already tell you that Chaos will say that trees don't grow in straight lines. Make them appear randomly grown a little more. And also it could probably be good to use less big trees and replace some with the small skinny ones.

Last edited:

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Ohh that's in your sig. You might wanna remove it and just go to imageshack. You don't wanna get banned or something :o

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I added a map!!!
    bottom of post
    Fine I will rate it Lol.

For starters, tree shading is horrible. You have to work with that. That random path is unnecessary. Rocks really not needed. In this type of map boulders don't go very well at all. WTF is that in the top right building. Is that store and a gym? Flowers in a row is not good at all. Spread them out and make it diagonal. The ledge with headbutt trees is a good thing tho. But, the ledges have tile errors in them even tho it looks like your trying to connect them. Trees do not grow in rows tho so fix that. But, if it's your style then go with it.

5/10

PokeTrader

A.K.A. Panda
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    I'm bored lately :(

Anything I can do yet? Script testing, script making... mapping even? ARG i'm gonna die of boredom

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
  • Actually we can probably start doing some scripting, just give me a sec to look at my story(I'm writing more of the story right now thats why I didn't respond immediately lol)

Back