• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Masterz

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    @Diho: That's a great map but I'd say you have too many flowers in rows. It looks wierd O_o Also, your trees are in lines. Sometimes that's okay but when you have that many trees in a line it looks bad.

I would say add like 1 or 2 more trees to the top of the map, it's looks a bit barren, and take out a few trees here and there in the crowded part at the bottom. Also go through and remove the lines of flowers and make them more random-ish.

Also, there may be a bored issue. What would you be using as a border? Since you've got a mountain side thing but it's multi-leveled. This would probably be best as two or three dfferent maps of the same route.

7/10, pretty good, just some stuff I think looks wierd. (This is only my opinion)

EDIT: When I say flowers in rows, I mean the rows of two or three. I used to do this but I typcially don't anymore, just because I prefer lone flowers. I'd also like to see more variety of trees, because I know the FR tileset comes with more than one (I think it has the skinny tall one)

You also have shading issues with the trees that I ust noticed, but that's fixable if you go back with the other tree tiles over it.

my 7/10 still stands, but hopefully you take this advice into mind

EDIT2: Where it says Bored issue I meant border issue. -.-

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    When it comes to border I know that, but it's the same for events and stuff, this is only an exemple.
    I must say I ran out of creativity after the waterfall, but i'll give that part a fresh start.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    Thought I gave you my proof already, though that was before my holiday, maybe I díd forget to send them. You'll see them coming.

Spoiler:

This one is a bit plain though, but it's pretty big.

Ok you are accepted but for future mapping take these tips:
    look at the bottom left of the map, now keep your attention to the left and start looking up... you see how play that area looks? Add some grass/tress/etc. Next the trees that are in rows, yeah thats a no no. Try and randomize them (look up Neti, he has some good tree placing tutorials). Another thing, you mountain, please please please please never make them straight like that, mountains are supposed to be randomized also (look up Neti as well for a good mountain mapping tutorial). And I would probably add some more grass (not sure about that one though).

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Spoiler:

Hope this is more like it.

Btw, be a bit more clear about the treeshading thing, I thínk I get you, but I'm not completely sure..

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Spoiler:

Btw, be a bit more clear about the treeshading thing, I thínk I get you, but I'm not completely sure..
    There's a tile error at the top where the water tile meets the mountain.
    Your map is still pretty plain. You need bushes because it would stand out more. Grass placement isn't that great. I suggest that you put more in. You should do something about the border too. At the beginning you should put trees yes trees. Trees are important to a good map. You have a tile error where regular grass meets mountain at the top.

4/10

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    Spoiler:

There's a tile error at the top where the water tile meets the mountain.
    Your map is still pretty plain. You need bushes because it would stand out more. Grass placement isn't that great. I suggest that you put more in. You should do something about the border too. At the beginning you should put trees yes trees. Trees are important to a good map. You have a tile error where regular grass meets mountain at the top.

4/10

Take those tips into consideration (plus remember the mountain thing that i told you about)

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Starter Town: https://img20.imageshack.us/f/startermap.jpg
    Route 1(First Route): https://img80.imageshack.us/f/route1ap.jpg
    Route 1(Left Branch): https://img821.imageshack.us/f/route1left.jpg
    Route 1(Right Branch): https://img43.imageshack.us/f/route1right.jpg/

Here are some maps I made for my other team. Putting them here for fun. :)

Spoiler:

The tree Shading doesn't matter anymore because you don't have trees side by side anymore. You have a rock connected to water/land that looks wierd, left side. Your rocks in the water look odd, I don't think they're the correct rocks for that kind of water. Nice use of a bridge, I like bridges. Chaos pointed out the tile errors. MORE TREES. But not side by side. More bushes too. I like the imprint in the ground with the trees lined up, looks pretty nice. But MORE trees, big ones and skinny ones, just scatter them out a bit.
    5.5/10, decent map right now

Last edited:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Starter Town: https://img20.imageshack.us/f/startermap.jpg
    Route 1(First Route): https://img80.imageshack.us/f/route1ap.jpg
    Route 1(Left Branch): https://img821.imageshack.us/f/route1left.jpg
    Route 1(Right Branch): https://img43.imageshack.us/f/route1right.jpg/

Here are some maps I made for my other team. Putting them here for fun. :)

The tree Shading doesn't matter anymore because you don't have trees side by side anymore. You have a rock connected to water/land that looks wierd, left side. Your rocks in the water look odd, I don't think they're the correct rocks for that kind of water. Nice use of a bridge, I like bridges. Chaos pointed out the tile errors. MORE TREES. But not side by side. More bushes too. I like the imprint in the ground with the trees lined up, looks pretty nice. But MORE trees, big ones and skinny ones, just scatter them out a bit.
    5.5/10, decent map right now
    Btw your first map has a fence error.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Btw your first map has a fence error.

I left it open because it's for the player smart enough to realise you can get through behind the house. There would be an item behind the lab

Any mapping needing done? Getting bored here, none of my teams are really up to anything until tonight

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Did you edit that tile where the fence touches the lakebank in your townmap?

Btw, I think it's better to give me a try on your routes, then give your opinion about that. My example is too big to handle, when it's coming to details.

TKDmaster

Ultimate Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Username: TKDmaster
    Nickname: TKDmaster
    Position Wanted: Mapper
    Proof of Work:
    Look at attachment work
    Time/Days On: I'm not really all that active
    Time Zone: Pacific

BTW I'm Chaos190's brother

Last edited:

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    Username: TKDmaster
    Nickname: TKDmaster
    Position Wanted: Mapper
    Proof of Work:
    Look at attachment work
    Time/Days On: I'm not really all that active
    Time Zone: Pacific

BTW I'm Chaos190's brother

Well like I said on the main thread that i was not taking anymore mappers unless you are really good, I'm going to need something better and probably bigger

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2011
    Use this in your advantage Pepito. Let all people that want to map, make an ingame map. The one that's the best, that's the one you use for your game (unless they all suck). Two flies, one hit. (That's how we call it in Holland.)

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    Use this in your advantage Pepito. Let all people that want to map, make an ingame map. The one that's the best, that's the one you use for your game (unless they all suck). Two flies, one hit. (That's how we call it in Holland.)

Thats what I was planning on doing but I was thinking that people might get bad if they just make maps for no reason. But I guess I could do that. I'm going to give it some thought

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
    Im sorry, but I dont want to be apart of the team anymore.
    I want to only work on one hack, with a friend.
    I also want to get better at what I do, and learn more then just mapping and scripting, I'm going to take the time to learn as much as I can.
    So I'll see ya around.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    This hack is really slow when does production start???

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
    Years
    Im sorry, but I dont want to be apart of the team anymore.
    I want to only work on one hack, with a friend.
    I also want to get better at what I do, and learn more then just mapping and scripting, I'm going to take the time to learn as much as I can.
    So I'll see ya around.
    Its alright, good luck with your hack ^_^

This hack is really slow when does production start???
    We started I'm just waiting for the first map to be done. Hopefully that will be soon *sighs*

Back