• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Near finished, Help on movesets and items

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Ok so i finally got my whole team IV bred, now i just gatta put some moves on them and spread there EV's.

Please no OMG your team sucks, your natures blow your IV's blow eh constructive comments please. I spent over a month trying to get this team bred i relise some IV's arent perfect but i really want to battle so i took the best i had. My team is a little lacking in Fire/Electric/Water moves so i decited to put Kingler in there altho i might change that and go with either Starmie or a Kingdra.

Here is my Team

Slaking with leftovers "or choice band"
    Adament 252 EV in Atk and HP

31 hp
    31 atk
    20 def
    11 speed
    9 sp atk
    24 sp def

Earthquake
    Giga Impact
    Brick Breack
    Slack off "unsure yet on this spot for a move"

Dragonite "not sure on a item"
    Adament 252 Atk and Speed

30 Hp
    25 atk
    7 def
    20 speed
    31 sp atk
    31 sp def

AquaTail
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Claw
    Thunder Punch or possible dragon dance

Cloyster "not sure on item"
    Impish 252 Hp 52 atk 200 def

20 Hp
    25 atk
    31 def
    4 speed
    9 sp atk
    30 sp def

Rapid Spin
    Spikes
    Icicle spear "or avalanche he has the ability that benefits iccle spear but tbh even with that avalanche does more dmg and his offense is lacking"
    Explosion "or something else ? "

Tyranitar "not sure on item"
    Adament unsure on EV's

26 Hp
    30 Atk
    25 def
    27 speed
    22 sp atk
    29 sp def

Earthquake
    Stone egde
    Not sure on the last 2 moves

Duskinor
    Carefull 252 hp 200 sp def 52 def

Fire Punch
    Pain Split
    Wilo Wisp
    "not sure on 4th move"

27 Hp
    29 atk
    30 def
    26 speed
    31 sp atk
    31 sp def

Kingler
    Adament 252 hp 252 atk

Crabhammer
    Flail
    X Scizzor
    "not sure on 4th move"

Hp 16
    Atk 15
    def 31
    Speed 30
    Sp atk 9
    Sp def 31

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Try this format:

Pokemon @ Item ** Nickname (if you have one)
    Trait
    EVs
    Nature
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

So it's more...readable.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Also, if your gonna IV breed, don't stop when one stat gets 31 (especially when it's one you don't need)

eg, Kingler has max Sp Atk and Sp Def... if anything you want them to be Atk and Def (Well yeah of course Atk but you know)
    eg 2; Dragonite is a physical sweeper due to Nature and EVs, yet has Special IVs and special attacks?

Spice Curry

"...For that, your game ends."
    Years
    I think this was discussed in a previous thread about Slaking; Slack Off on a Pokemon that only attacks once every two turns is a bit of a waste. Swap the move for something like Pursuit or Thunder/Fire Punch (if you have access to Emerald).

Personally, I like Return over Giga Impact because it has more PP and 100% accuracy as opposed to 5 PP for Giga Impact...that too with 90% accuracy.
    Choice Band > Leftovers on him.

Props for using Kingler =3 But why no IVs in Attack or something?

[Kingler]@ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 16 HP/ 252 Atk/ 240 Spd
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    - Crabhammer
    - X-Scissor
    - Rock Slide
    - Brick Break/ Flail

Just don't use Endure + Flail. Specially with Tyranitar on your team and all...

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    try this for nite

Dragonite@ salac berry
    lonely/naive
    Evs': 252atttc,252speed,6hp
    sub
    focus punch
    EQ/stone-edge
    d-claw/outrage
    I used to run dd-nite, but i used this once on netbattle and it destroy like all of a guys team, it works in 4th gen also....

cloyser and kingler have like no HP BTW wich is very important for walling

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    try this for nite

Dragonite@ salac berry
    lonely/naive
    Evs': 252atttc,252speed,6hp
    sub
    focus punch
    EQ/stone-edge
    d-claw/outrage
    I used to run dd-nite, but i used this once on netbattle and it destroy like all of a guys team, it works in 4th gen also....For the record, salac berry fails.

Boltbeam in the last two slots to destory skarm and the likes.

cloyser and kingler have like no HP BTW wich is very important for walling
    Kingler isn't really a wall...more of a tank, rather.

I'm surprised that swept a team, since the mixed version is much better since it is far harder to wall. EDIT: salac fails because anything can PHaze you (and your sub) away, most notably suicune.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    L ike i said i know some IV's are bad but im not breeding anymore. When a pokemon pass's down IV's are they the same IV's that was in there stats or are the IV's like say one stat has 31 so its passed down to a random stat. Or is that 31 if it says in sp def passed down to the other pokemons special defense ?

Regardless after endless breeding this is all i could muster before going nuts im tired of breeding. I just need help on moves and such im not really worried about Dragonites attack being 6 points lower then maximum what turns me off is his def meh i always get a pokemon with at least 1 stat that sucks and instead of it being in say sp atk or something its always in something i dont want lol. Maybe im breeding wrong or something but i used 2 dratini with near perfect IV's cept 1 and but it wasnt defense tho so i guess passed IV's are random and you need to get lucky

Cloyster isnt really ment to be a wall and deff not kingler at least not on my team, thats like saying oh Duskinor isnt a wall cuss his HP is lower then cloyster yet he is a wall. I just want the cloyster for spikes, a possible dmg here and there and then explosion lol, a suicide pokemon.

I just need help on movesets and held items again im not re-breeding sorry. I have another crabby with 30 HP but like 9 ATK, and the other has like 9 HP and 30 Atk, so i opted for a even one 15 and 15 cuss i couldnt decide on what to use since he was my last bred pokemon i sorta gave up on getting his stats to be better cuss yea breeding takes to much time and what i have is fine. not shooting for perfection.

Im happy with my slaking's move's so im not changing that specially since i already used my TM's earthquake and giga impact just need help on the last move, like i said slack off is only there cuss i cant find a suitable 4th move... Soppose i could teach him shadow claw.

Thx for kingler comments lol thought id give him a try since iv never used him before. Altho i might switch him for a starmie since i dont have a real special attacker on my team there all physicle. Starmie can learn pretty good moves too and hes fast

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    Ok so i finally got my whole team IV bred, now i just gatta put some moves on them and spread there EV's.

Please no OMG your team sucks, your natures blow your IV's blow eh constructive comments please. I spent over a month trying to get this team bred i relise some IV's arent perfect but i really want to battle so i took the best i had.
    And unless you learn to deal with critcism, then you won't be getting far at all, and a lot of raters are ARE going to give criticism. I just thought I'd point that out to you.

My team is a little lacking in Fire/Electric/Water moves so i decited to put Kingler in there altho i might change that and go with either Starmie or a Kingdra.

Here is my Team

Slaking with leftovers "or choice band"
    Jolly 252 EV in Atk and Speed

31 hp
    31 atk
    20 def
    11 speed
    9 sp atk
    24 sp def

Earthquake
    Return
    Hammer Arm
    Night Slash
    Slaking is supposed to be a Speed Attacker. Because it has an ability that only strikes every 2 turns, it can't be depended on to use Slack Off or for that matter. Take advantage of its great speed and Monster Attack, then go from there. Jolly and Choice Band is what should be used, or you can run Adamant and Choice Scarf if you want to first strike.

Dragonite Yache Berry
    Adamant
    124 HP / 128 Atk / 28 Def / 228 Spd
    (EVs are in correspondance with your IVs)

30 Hp
    25 atk
    7 def Too poor
    20 speed
    31 sp atk
    31 sp def

Earthquake
    Stone Edge / Thunder
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Dance
    Do you want to know why people use Dragonite? Usage of Dragon Dance. It turns him into a total monster.
    Since you don't have enough speed or defense for that matter, it's not going to stand a chance against Weavile Switch-ins.

Cloyster Leftovers
    Impish 252 Hp 52 atk 200 def

20 Hp
    25 atk
    31 def
    4 speed
    9 sp atk
    30 sp def

Rapid Spin
    Spikes
    Icicle spear
    Explosion
    Fine, I guess.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    192 HP / 228 Atk / 88 Def

26 Hp
    30 Atk
    25 def
    27 speed
    22 sp atk
    29 sp def

Earthquake
    Stone egde
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    You're probably too lazy to try and get one with Dragon Dance, so Choice Band is obviously the way to go.
    And no, it's not going to have enough Speed to use Choice Band with, so use him as a defensive styled attacker.

Duskinor
    Carefull
    244 HP / 168 Def / 96 SDef

Fire Punch
    Pain Split
    Will o Wisp
    Shadow Sneak

27 Hp
    29 atk
    30 def
    26 speed
    31 sp atk
    31 sp def
    Try to keep a neutral balance on his defenses.

Kingler
    Adamant 252 hp 252 atk

Crabhammer
    Flail
    X Scizzor
    "not sure on 4th move"

Hp 16
    Atk 15
    def 31
    Speed 30
    Sp atk 9
    Sp def 31
    Drop him altogether.
    Too many attackers, very little defense. Kingler Drops for a Special Tank. Replace one of those Physical Attackers for a Special Sweeper.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    I said Constructive comments, dont care about critizium as long as your arent a jerk, which is why i said constructive plz. Iv been on the internet far to long for someone to tell me or give me warnings lol, thx but thats why i said contructive cuss i didnt want commentsl ike some people put here, if you cant post something usefull then dont post at all which is what i ment.

If people are gonna post crap comments and not stuff like you did then ill skip the post and move down simple as that. What im lookign for are comments like your's not crap like eh your iv's suck quit the game. Which is what a couple people already posted.

Thx for the suggestions I'll take them into accord. Im keeping kingler until im not satisfied with him which is why i said i might go for starmie special attacker which is what i need i already knew that.

It isnt a matter of lazyness... its a matter of i just dont feal like breeding anymore lazyness has nothing to do with it. I dont like using moves like dragon dance and such because TBH everytime i battle someone who does stuff like that, i always kill his pokemon in 1 shot anyway so its pointless in my mind. I will probly put it on Dragonite but not t-tar.

Hammer arm a Slaking no thanks, good idea with choice scarf never thought of that. Jolly Slacking ehh I had one like that at first and iwas going to do your speed/attack thing but someone else said that was a bad choice and not to use it so i got a adamant one i guess everyone has there opinion and i knew iwas right on some of them but alot of people said otherwise so w/e ill stick with what i have cuss i guess "im just to lazy" . If i use choice scarf on him then what would be the point for a jolly nature ? Also i said slack off "unsure on this spot yet" i have slack off cuss i havent decited on his last move which is what i said. Sorry but im tired of you guys not reading this then telling me what are doing with slack off ???? Your making it seem like im actually going to use this move .. I just havent filled that with someone else like i said for the 3rd time.

Thx for all your idea's i will probly use alot of them but im sticking with some of mine.

Last edited:
    Years
    Slaking @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 spd or sp.def
    -Giga Impact
    -Hammer Arm
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake

Sweeper version. But you seem to want this as a tank. i wouldnt reccommend it, but here goes... If you have scarf, you dont need to worry about speed as you outspeed all that matters. All you need to worry about is ScarfCross.

Slaking @ lefties
    Adamant/Careful? | 252 HP+Atk / 6 S.Def
    -Brick Break
    -Return/Crush Claw
    -Night Slash
    -Earthquake

This can tank better. Lefties is alright, as you get it even on a truant. Dont give it Shadow Claw unless you breed it from something, as the TM is irreplacable.

Drop Kingler. It doesnt do much that the rest of your team can do. Get a Special Sweeper/Tank.
    Also, if you arrange them movesets neater, then its easier for you as well. Esspecially if you are going to edit that team

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Slaking @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 spd or sp.def
    -Giga Impact
    -Hammer Arm
    -Night Slash
    -Fire Punch/Earthquake

Sweeper version. But you seem to want this as a tank. i wouldnt reccommend it, but here goes... If you have scarf, you dont need to worry about speed as you outspeed all that matters. All you need to worry about is ScarfCross.

Slaking @ lefties
    Adamant/Careful? | 252 HP+Atk / 6 S.Def
    -Brick Break
    -Return/Crush Claw
    -Night Slash
    -Earthquake

This can tank better. Lefties is alright, as you get it even on a truant. Dont give it Shadow Claw unless you breed it from something, as the TM is irreplacable.

Drop Kingler. It doesnt do much that the rest of your team can do. Get a Special Sweeper/Tank.
    Also, if you arrange them movesets neater, then its easier for you as well. Esspecially if you are going to edit that team

Youre right, i maxed his HP out to try and last long enough so he can get 2 attacks out. Im pretty sure he can kill almost anything in one hit, but with the loafing ability i decited to try and max his HP out, at level 100 he has 504 HP, i could probly last 2 hits before i can attack again i hope. Unless i get hit by like focus punch or something.

The 2nd slaking is what mine is Adament, with EV's in ATK/HP 252 even and currently is holding leftovers, altho the moveset is diff of course.

Well if not kingler then do you think about a starmie i was thinking of something like this

Starmie 252sp atk 252 speed.
    Timid

Thunderbolt
    Surf
    Pshycic
    Grass Knot

Years

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Claw / Pursuit
    - Return
    - Focus Punch / Fire Punch / Pursuit

Using Slacking needs a lot of good prediction skills and since you already have to use prediction it's better to give him Choice Band so he can make a big impact. He's already got good HP, so drop those EVs and invest them into his SPD since he's going to need to attack hard and fast as his ability doesn't allow him to attack twice in a row. Earthquake takes care of steel and rock types and is the only move that is staying from your previous set. I would go with Shadow Claw over Pursuit as it has a high critical hit ratio and has more power behind it. But if you don't think you will have a Bronzong or Skarmory problem you can drop Focus Punch / Fire Punch for Pursuit. IMO, Return is a good move on Slaking as it will 2HKO everything that doesn't resist Normal type moves and will OHKO a large amount of other opponents.

Dragonite @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Yache Berry / Lum Berry
    Jolly
    EVs: 252 ATK / 200 SPD / 58 HP
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake

IMO, this Dragonite was messed up in everything. DD Outrage Dragonite is a better set than any of his other standards and does it better than Salamence and Garchomp. The item choice is all up to how you want to keep Dragonite in the game. Life Orb increases Dragonite's power if you want to hit harder and the Lum Berry will cure the confusion effect from Outrage. I usually run Yache Berry so he can take an Ice Beam, use another Dragon Dance and began to destroy with Outrage. Jolly over adamant because it increases his base 80 speed stat, where his base 134 attack doesn't need that much help. Dragon Dance increases speed and power and will help it out speed everything up to and CS Heracross after a single use. Outrage is the main attack that will cause total destruction with 120-attack power and the boosted attack stat from DD (which is about 370).

Cloyster @ Leftovers
    Impish
    EVs: 252 ATK / 150 Sp. DEF / 58 DEF / 50 ATK
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Surf / Icicle Spear
    - Explosion

There are a lot better Rapid Spinners and Spikers than Cloyster, but this is the best set I could think of at the time. I'm not to sure on the EV spread though, but I attempted to cover the stats that Cloyster needs most, HP being the most needed since he has a weakness to Rock, Fighting, Electric, and Grass moves. It's weaknesses is one of the reasons why it doesn't do to well as a Rapid Spinner because it has a weakness to Stealth Rock, which is what a Rapid Spinner needs to get rid of. The third move slot is up to you and will decide what ability you need to run on Cloyster. If you use Surf go with the Shell Armor ability as it stops critical hits, but if you run with Icicle Spear choose Skill Link because it allows Icicle Spear to always attack five turns.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Quiet Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 188 Sp. ATK / 68 SPD
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Dark Pulse
    - Ice Beam / Thunderbolt

OR

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Sand Stream / Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 ATK / 196 SPD / 60 HP
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit

The first set is the TyraniBoah set, which seems to be getting more and more popular. It really helps take out stall teams, which seem to be seen a lot more from my perspective (seriously, out of 10 of my battles 7 seem to consist of stall teams). Substitute and Focus Punch work together and will help you take out Blissey. With max HP EVs, a single Seismic Toss from a Blissey won't break TTar's substitute. Dark Pulse replaces his Crunch attack, which are basically the same move. The only difference is that Dark Pulse may cause the opponent to flinch and Crunch may lower the opponents Sp. DEF. The last slot will be decided depending on what you team needs to cover. Thunderbolt covers Suicune, Milotic, and Skarmory where Ice Beam will handle Gliscor, Hippowdon, Donphan, Breloom and Garchomp.

I think the Choice Band set is self-explanatory.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Sp. DEF / 76 SPD
    - Fire Punch
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Thunderpunch

I assuming you wanted to run with an Anti-Spin set as it was really close to the standard set. I only really had to change up the EVs a little and give you and item. Thunderpunch would be a good option for the fourth move as it will help take care of Starmie, which will be one of his major problems.

Kingler @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Apricot Berry
    Hyper Cutter / Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 ATK / 240 SPD / 16 HP
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Rock Slide
    - Crab Hammer

Haven't worked much with Kingler since I've never really needed him in any of my teams. Jolly helps with his base 75 speed and is needed more than the Adamant nature. Swords Dance increases attack, X-Scissor covers Grass types, and Grab Hammer gets STAB.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    480 attack is much much better though.

Yea i agree which is why his attack is maxed out. 460 is the max not 480 but yea same thing :)

Using Slacking needs a lot of good prediction skills and since you already have to use prediction it's better to give him Choice Band so he can make a big impact. He's already got good HP, so drop those EVs and invest them into his SPD since he's going to need to attack hard and fast as his ability doesn't allow him to attack twice in a row. Earthquake takes care of steel and rock types and is the only move that is staying from your previous set. I would go with Shadow Claw over Pursuit as it has a high critical hit ratio and has more power behind it. But if you don't think you will have a Bronzong or Skarmory problem you can drop Focus Punch / Fire Punch for Pursuit. IMO, Return is a good move on Slaking as it will 2HKO everything that doesn't resist Normal type moves and will OHKO a large amount of other opponents.

IMO, this Dragonite was messed up in everything. DD Outrage Dragonite is a better set than any of his other standards and does it better than Salamence and Garchomp. The item choice is all up to how you want to keep Dragonite in the game. Life Orb increases Dragonite's power if you want to hit harder and the Lum Berry will cure the confusion effect from Outrage. I usually run Yache Berry so he can take an Ice Beam, use another Dragon Dance and began to destroy with Outrage. Jolly over adamant because it increases his base 80 speed stat, where his base 134 attack doesn't need that much help. Dragon Dance increases speed and power and will help it out speed everything up to and CS Heracross after a single use. Outrage is the main attack that will cause total destruction with 120-attack power and the boosted attack stat from DD (which is about 370).

There are a lot better Rapid Spinners and Spikers than Cloyster, but this is the best set I could think of at the time. I'm not to sure on the EV spread though, but I attempted to cover the stats that Cloyster needs most, HP being the most needed since he has a weakness to Rock, Fighting, Electric, and Grass moves. It's weaknesses is one of the reasons why it doesn't do to well as a Rapid Spinner because it has a weakness to Stealth Rock, which is what a Rapid Spinner needs to get rid of. The third move slot is up to you and will decide what ability you need to run on Cloyster. If you use Surf go with the Shell Armor ability as it stops critical hits, but if you run with Icicle Spear choose Skill Link because it allows Icicle Spear to always attack five turns.

The first set is the TyraniBoah set, which seems to be getting more and more popular. It really helps take out stall teams, which seem to be seen a lot more from my perspective (seriously, out of 10 of my battles 7 seem to consist of stall teams). Substitute and Focus Punch work together and will help you take out Blissey. With max HP EVs, a single Seismic Toss from a Blissey won't break TTar's substitute. Dark Pulse replaces his Crunch attack, which are basically the same move. The only difference is that Dark Pulse may cause the opponent to flinch and Crunch may lower the opponents Sp. DEF. The last slot will be decided depending on what you team needs to cover. Thunderbolt covers Suicune, Milotic, and Skarmory where Ice Beam will handle Gliscor, Hippowdon, Donphan, Breloom and Garchomp.

I think the Choice Band set is self-explanatory.

I assuming you wanted to run with an Anti-Spin set as it was really close to the standard set. I only really had to change up the EVs a little and give you and item. Thunderpunch would be a good option for the fourth move as it will help take care of Starmie, which will be one of his major problems.

Haven't worked much with Kingler since I've never really needed him in any of my teams. Jolly helps with his base 75 speed and is needed more than the Adamant nature. Swords Dance increases attack, X-Scissor covers Grass types, and Grab Hammer gets STAB.

I like the Kingler Sets I'll probly use them never once thought about rockslide, altho my cloyster is Impish i prefer this nature over anything special attack wise and he does have the 5 turn ability, altho now that i think about it avalanche would be better 60 dmg no matter what and 120 if he goes second, if i do that i should the shell armor ability then. I was thinking of fortress for the spikes/rapid spin,earthquaek,explosion thingy. I just like cloyster tho lol dunno why

Dragonite seems good too, altho not sure if like outrage well see i soppose ican try it and if doesnt work always teach him something else like dragon claw.

The slacking i was thinking of earthquake and shadow claw also, but focus punch i dont really like if he is going to be a fast pokemon then focus punch isnt very good, it takes 2 turns to use focus punch doesnt it i would get hit in between then most likely and he'd lose his focus and go loafing around. How does focus punch work ?

Thx for the suggestion's :)

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    No, Focus Punch is a one-turn move. It's all about using prediction and timing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Ah ok, cuss isware whe ni use it he always goes into focus then waits till next turn. Maybe im thinking of something else.

What If i change my team a little. and drop duskinor and go with Mismagius, drop cloyster and go with Fortress/donphan, and drop kingler and go with Something like a Omastar

Back