• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team need to be rated (Mostly OU)

Years
    Name: Terrakion
    Item: Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Close Combat
    - X-Scissor

My CB physical sweeper, pretty standard.

Name: Starmie
    Item: Choice Specs
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thundershock
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

And here's my CS special sweeper, once again standard.

Name: Volcarona
    Item: Wise Glasses / Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    -

My second Special sweeper. Havent decided on the 4th move. HP-something maybe?

Name:Ferrothorn
    Item: Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Leech Seed
    - Gyro Ball
    - Thunder wave

Got this one from the "threats in ou gen 5" thread, with some modifications regarding moves, as I don't trust 85% hitchance with power whip.

Name:Haxorous
    Item: Expert Belt / Life Orb
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    - Taunt
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Brick Break

My second physical sweeper. Considering having this guy as my lead, due to taunt.

Name:Gallade
    Trait: Steadfast
    - Swords Dance
    - Night Slash
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut

My third physical sweeper. Considering switching him out due to not really bringing that much new to the team. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • It looks pretty good to me. :3
    I'll give ya a few changes though;

Terrakion: Choice items are becoming less popular this Gen, I really don't recommend them as much as a used to. I only use them if I plan on tricking them away sooner or later. He want's a Balloon, trust me. Excadrill would tear your team up otherwise. D; Jolly Natured, and get rid of X-Scissor for Swords Dance

Starmie: You want a timid nature, and Rapid Spin instead of Thunderbolt or Psychic. SR would tear up Volcanora. ;-;

Volcarona: Give him Leftovers or Lum berry instead. I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MANY SWEEPS WERE RUINED BECAUSE OF A TOXIC WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED. But the Leftovers does help with the bulk he'll get from Quiver dance... Choose your weapon. And he wants HP ground or rock. Again, choose your weapon. ;3

Haxorus: Give Dragon Dance instead of Swords dance. Unless you wanna get revenge killed by Garchomp.

Gallade: Give him Shadow Sneak instead of Night Slash. A boosted Priority is always a good thing to have.

Hope that helps! <3

Detox

You shouldn't lead with terrakion ever. He is used much batter as a SD or RP sweeper. I suggest you change the set to

Name Terrakion
    Item: Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat | Holy Sword
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish

Swords Dance to beat Stall, rock polish to beat offense. If you get them both up its practically gg.

You may want to try Ferrothorn in the lead spot, and whatever you do, you ALWAYS want to run power whip so you don't lose to waters, as gyro ball can barely do anything to them.

If you are gong tu use Volcorona, use HP ground or Rock in the last spot. You will also need spin support so stealth rock doesn't render it useless after a single swich in, so I using this starmie set.

Name: Starmie
    Item: Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    - Thunderbolt | Psyshock | Psychic
    - Surf | Hydro Pump | Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover

Haxorus wants

Name:Haxorous
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Taunt
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

DD lets you outspeed non scarf garchomp and latios, and taunt lets you shut down phazers and rival stat uppers

I suggest replacing Gallade with possibly Conkledurr. However, if you want a more..sweeperish....sweeper, you may also Look into SD Lucario, Infernape, or Meinshao. Whichever you decide on, just ask and I can provide the set.

Hope it helps.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thunder Wave reduces your opponent's Speed, as you're already aware, weakening Gyro Ball's power. I know you don't want to use Power Whip, but it's the preferred option, and Ferrothorn is bulky enough to afford the occasional miss.

And Volcarona is better off with Timid so it can outspeed threats even before Quiver Dance.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Thunder Wave reduces your opponent's Speed, as you're already aware, weakening Gyro Ball's power. I know you don't want to use Power Whip, but it's the preferred option, and Ferrothorn is bulky enough to afford the occasional miss.

Why is it preferred...? I'd honestly always run Thunder Wave, as it's almost always more beneficial to the team. And while Ferrothorn is "walled" by Waters... what are they going to do back to it? Toxic it? Burn it with Scald? Even then, Leech Seed recovery offputs the burn...

Back