• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team New Era!

Is this a good team name?

• Yea! It rocks!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It should go in the toilet!!!!!!!!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • ok now the compittion for spriteing is officialy STARTED!! you have 74 hours to make a sprite. i will judge on origionakity pallet neatness and skill.. BEGIN

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    I finished and entering mine now.

I call it Inferno Darkrai
    Spoiler:

What I did was redraw the outline and then erase all his color then added the fire colors.

Years
  • I finished and entering mine now.

Spoiler:

What I did was redraw the outline and then erase all his color then added the fire colors.
    Ahh very nice.. has nice pallets outlines and shading
    Origonality: 8/10 (used Darkrai but changed it almost fully)
    Pallet(the colors for sprite uses. I cant spell): 9/10 usd nice bright beautiful colors that mixed together but needs the eye changed because the eye alittle to bright.
    Neatness: 10/10 no explaing here
    skill: 6/10 intermeadite sprite. could be easily made by someone that was an average spriter to my knowledge

Overall: 7/10

Years
  • Here's my entry:
    Team New Era!
    Ferreon. Concept art by Ashurasonic.
    Good pokemon. nice colors could be alittle neater and other than that it is very good
    Origonality: 10/10
    You made your own pokemon from scracht and is a new idea so perfect
    Palet: 8/10 You used beautiful colors that mixed well but i would like to see soome more colors
    neatness: 7/10 There is a few pixels outa place but is still neat
    skill: 7/10 looks like its preaty easy but seems like you took tijme on this.. plus it looks kinda blurry at bottom. an average spriter could sprite this
    Overall: 6.5/10

THE WINNER IS!!!!!!!!!!!:
    THEGATEKEEPER!!!
    SECOND PLACE IS GIR?!!!
    lets congratulate these too spriters .
    it was a tuff desicion but in the end i picked thegatekeeper.​

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    ...I think Gir should have won.
    TheGateKeeper just recolored Darkrai.
    Gir's was original.
    Also, TheGateKeeper's is pillowshaded. Bad.
    Team New Era!

Do you mind if I rate the pokemon?

Here's my entry:
    Team New Era!
    Ferreon. Concept art by Ashurasonic.

Originality: 9/10. Not completely original because it appears to be another evolution of eevee, still original though.
    Pallet:9/10 Good pallet, you should have dithered around the head.
    Neatness: 8/10 a fwe spots are a little off...
    Skill:7/10 A Novice couldn't sprite this, but many average spriters could sprite this.
    Overall: 7.5/10

I finished and entering mine now.

Spoiler:

Originality: 6/10 - Not completely original, because you used Darkrai's outline and basically made a recolor.
    Pallet: 10/10 - It's a good pallet, just need to use it correctly!
    Neatness: 8/10 - It's off in several spots, and it looks a little messy in areas.
    Skill 6/10 - It's a recolor, most spriters can do this, and you pillow shaded.
    Overall: 6.5/10 - It was a good idea, but it's pixel shaded, and pixel shaded is a bad mistake that novice pixelers tend to make.

Last edited:
    Years
  • well we al have differnt opionions but mine is final. and tgk looks better to me.. plus he did an outline with fire wich is hard and he didnt need to shade fire makes its own light

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    That's not difficult.
    Select a red color in microsoft paint, zoom in 500%, then trace around the lines.
    Also, do you know anything about spriting?
    Pillow shading is really bad and is an easy habit to get into, and that Darkrai is Pillow shaded :\

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • I'm agreeing with Pokemoon on this one Todoroki, the Darkrai is basically a recolour with flames and as Pokemoon has pointed out, it's pillow shaded and kinda flat looking.
    Now, the Eevee evo, whilst having a few errors, shows more skill firstly as it's a scratch sprite, all be it, the shading needs a little work and the tail looks too pointed but overall, scratch spriting is much harder than "flaming" as I'm going to put it (believe me, I've sprited for years).
    Now I believe the reason it looks better to you is because it's an official Darkrai sprite with a "flame" used on it and it still holds the shape of the original sprite and as we all now, most people prefer the official Nintendo sprites as opposed to scratchs.

Now, I'm just pointing this out and mean no offense to any competition members.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    That's not difficult.
    Select a red color in microsoft paint, zoom in 500%, then trace around the lines.
    Also, do you know anything about spriting?
    Pillow shading is really bad and is an easy habit to get into, and that Darkrai is Pillow shaded :\
    A fire is brightest in the center as in this picture
    Team New Era!

See what I mean a fire is white in the center and the colors get darker the farther away it gets from the center.

Years
  • well since I dint want this to get into an agrument the only way to tell is another sprite... No q's asked its my final decision. If you dont agree than go some where else.. Make another sprite both of you end of discussion

Back