• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Orb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti

return of the king
Years
  • lol so most of you have at least seen this team in action whether you battled it or not. I basically took the same idea with the presidents team - making a team that on paper I don't care about and just edit it until it works. Yeah, too bad I can't think of how to change it >_> Yeah here's team orb if you care lol

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 48 Def / 128 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Earthquake
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hypnosis
    - Stealth Rock

I'll probably take out the attack EVs since they seem worthless to me. Honestly the extra defense EVs are a lot more useful than at first having 128 Atk which just plain sucks =/

This is my lead because nothing else is really any good. I'm not taking this out because it's always the thing that saves my team when it's about to get swept.

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

Yeah, it's LO Starmie. It's really fast and hits pretty hard, so I like it a lot. Honestly I don't know why specsstar is used over this. It doesn't hit THAT much harder when here you can choose your moves and recover off damage at will. Whatever lol

btw this is mostly for late game. Revenge killers (scarf gar lol) always get in its way so sweeping with it isn't easy. Still a lot of teams have to sacrifice stuff to kill it lol.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 80 Atk / 176 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Brick Break
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Roost

My second Life Orb sweeper. Speed EVs beat neutral speed lucario though my team rapes it anyways. It's pretty standard MixMence though I'll probably play around with its set when platinum gives it Outrage. Until then though, this is it lol.

I honestly haven't been impressed with its ability though. It's VERY prediction-reliant or it's walled and is forced to switch. Technically finding counters to it is hard, but jeez it can't do much. Honestly I usually end up death foddering it but eh, I need some kind of way to stop heracross so why not.

Celebi @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 36 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Leaf Storm
    - Psychic
    - Recover

This thing is really cool, though I'm thinking HP Ground over HP Fire since I'm a mess trying to beat Heatran lol. In case you missed the "Life Orb + Recovery move" pattern I'll point it out for you since that's the big theme here.

It's a really good sweeper though. It is actually really tough to stop, good Lucario check as well. also beats Jolly SDcross which outspeeds and kills Salamence. I love this thing though <3

Heatran @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 16 SAtk / 232 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Earth Power
    - Lava Plume
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Special wall of sorts. Lava Plume's burn rate is really sexy. I would Life ORb this to fit into the cute theme, but the extra power rarely is helpful and I don't want my only check to A LOT of threats to get killed.

Yeah, it's also a status absorber, one of the best out there for sure. I EV mine differently than standard Resttalk Heatran but eh, this spread has done a lot more for me so I tend to stick with it.

Machamp @ Leftovers
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 216 Def / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Ice Punch
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

I should nickname it Fillerchamp, since that's what it is. Filllllllllllllllllller. It's really there to beat Blissey since my main sweepers are walled by it pretty badly, and it beats Tyranitar more reliably than anything else.

I EV it defensively because the EV spread on smogon can't take a hit and loses to Tyranitar half of the time, which is the set's main selling point lol. Like I said, it's mostly a filler so replacements are welcome.

So yeah, that's Team Orb. I mean, Celebi and Starmie are great and Bronzong and Heatran are reliable and whatnot, but I did kind of throw this team together when I first made it a few weeks ago, so I probably need help ironing out stuff.

I'm really pretty open to replacements, but I will NOT make changes unless there is SOLID reasoning behind each one. Sorry, but I hate making changes willy nilly. The last time I did that it pretty much disarmed my stall team lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • After Salamence is gone, good luck with HP Ground/AirSlash/Bug Buzz Yanmega.

Well I appreciate you wishing me luck but I doubt I'll need it with this little thing I like to call Bronzong. Yanmega is almost always a lead where I know it's there right away, so I doubt I'll be too reckless with Salamence if that's the case. >_>

As for Scarfhera, I really don't like it :( Also it's weak to Flamethrower and thunder Wave demolishes it, two common things on a Blissey. This isn't your fault since I TOTALLY forgot to mention it but...

The real point of this team was to not use choice item users since they lock you in and give God knows what a free chance to kill something. The point of all of these Life Orbers is so that it's a lot tougher to switch in for free. I mean the approach has worked quite well, which actually surprised me somewhat.

So yeah, I doubt I'll put in any choice item user, ESPECIALLY scarfers just because they hit about as hard as a tricycle.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Curse you Anti, I can't say this team is Sub-Roost Nite weak. In fact, I can't say it's weak to anything. Sure, Yanmega can cause havoc after Zong and Salamence are down, but since you'll know it's there, you'll be wary. Then again, a lot of things can cause trouble after 2 specific Pokemon go down, which isn't common early in the game.

Really solid and offensive build Anti; I give you props.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • Adamant LO Lucario after a Swords Dance 0HKOs everything on the team with its standard moveset. It also outspeeds everything bar three Pokemon whom can be finished by Extreme Speed should they take Stealth Rock damage.

Revenge kills are extremely potent in today's metagame and you should do so yourself.

Back