• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team Ratings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Rate each others' teams here! But I have a few Guidelines.
    1. Base the rating you give not by level, but by effectiveness of the Pokemon battling another at its level.
    2. Be nice, make suggestions. A perfect Pokemon is NOT possible, but it can be extremely superb!

My team:

RAICHU - Lv50 (FEMALE) Holding MAGNET
    HP 138 - ATK 121 - DEF 78 - SP. ATK 99 - SP. DEF 105 - SPD 128
    Moves - THUNDERBOLT, VOLT TACKLE, SLAM, IRON TAIL
    Role: Elemental Powerhouse - Raichu is my ever-so-powerful Electric Type that can make the first move most of the time and stun the target to slow them down, along with murdering them with a life-sacrificing move, VOLT TACKLE, also my "Emergency Break."

TROPIUS - Lv44 (MALE) Holding DIRE HIT
    HP 153 - ATK 76 - DEF 86 - SP. ATK 86 - SP. DEF 86 - SPD 62
    Moves - GIGA DRAIN, MAGICAL LEAF, STRENGTH, FLY
    Role: Returner - Tropius is able to revive itself with GIGA DRAIN when it must, and in the mean time, it stands its ground with a well-placed STRENGTH or MAGICAL LEAF, depending on the foe. FLY is also good for dodging a SOLARBEAM of some kind.

MACHAMP - Lv41 (MALE) Holding CLEANSE TAG
    HP 139 - ATK 127 - DEF 70 - SP. ATK 80 - SP. DEF 87 - SPD 64
    Moves - BRICK BREAK, SECRET POWER, SUBMISSION, *ROCK SMASH
    Role: Physical Powerhouse - Machamp provides a special side of my party. His SP. DEF isn't half bad, making him a nice tank when it comes to punching the News Crew around a few times. BRICK BREAK can be used as a strong attack that shatters barriers, SECRET POWER can be used if Fighting Type Moves have little effect, SUBMISSION used to deal heavier blows when needed, and ROCK SMASH used for HM Purposes only.

CROBAT - Lv50 (FEMALE) Holding SOOTHE BELL
    HP 155 - ATK 121 - DEF 102 - SP. ATK 89 - SP. DEF 95 - SPD 131
    Moves - POISON FANG, BITE, WING ATTACK, CONFUSE RAY
    Role: Persistant Powerhouse - Crobat is an incredible member of my team, able to get past the occasional flinch with INNER FOCUS. Her only difference from my RAICHU, Chibi, that seems major, is the DEF. POISON FANG is a standing-out move that may poison the foe, and it deals good damage too. BITE is rarely used, unless I need to take out a pesky Kadabra when the time calls for it. WING ATTACK is a simple one-turn FLYING move for getting across a simple message. CONFUSE RAY comes in handy at some times, as it allows me to slip past near-death situations unscathed, and hurting the foe a bit too!

ABSOL - Lv41 (MALE) Holding AMULET COIN
    HP 110 - ATK 118 - DEF 61 - SP. ATK 71 - SP. DEF 67 - SPD 72
    Moves - THIEF, SLASH, ICE BEAM, SWORDS DANCE
    Role: Slow Mimic - Absol can use his Swords Dance to beef up his moves to the max, then unleash them at the end of the move, making a useful ally in Double Battles. SLASH is a nice, clean NORMAL Attack. ICE BEAM can be used to freeze the dragons for the Elite Four I'm training for, along with Rayquaza. THIEF can be a nice move, and it also takes stuff from your enemy.

WAILORD - Lv41 (FEMALE) Holding Nothing
    HP 197 - ATK 86 - DEF 58 - SP. ATK 81 - SP. DEF 52 - SPD 67
    Moves - SURF, ROLLOUT, WATERFALL, DIVE
    Role: Charity Elemental - Wailord has high HP standards, good for surviving Fire and Water Attacks. ROLLOUT keeps becoming stronger, but there is no way to stop it without dying. So that means no heals, unless it is a DOUBLE BATTLE. SURF is also effective in a Double Battle, and very powerful. WATERFALL can wash away the foes as Wailord's strongest move, and DIVE can dodge an instant-killer if it must.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I suggest going to Strategies and Movesets and learning a thing or two from the stickies...and BTW, that's the whole purpose of S&M, rating teams, movesets, etc. You can just post it there ;)

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Well Nice Team There ^^
    You have Got An Team Which Can Possibly Defend Different Types Of Teams..^^
    Be sure To Look After The Movesets
    Use Equal Amount'S Of Defensive As Well as Attacking Movepools. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Why would you ever have a Wailord...?

It's attack stats are sub-par, and it's defences arent't good enough to able to survive long enough for rollout to actually work well.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Totomud, I'd refrain from giving bad advice. not to be mean, but this team isn't good at all. Even on an ingame level it is subpar.

The HM moves have got to go, all except surf, as they all (except surf) suck.

Items like magnet and dire hit are useless as well. Leftovers and choice Band are far better items.

Levels aren't important, battle sims and all that set levels to 100. Even if it doesn't, just train, we don't really care how much training you've done.

Moves like dig, fly, and dive = no. your foe can switch out to a counter.

Two attacks of the same type on one pokemon is really bad and a bad idea in general. It is redundant, seriously.

Then your team needs some walls...

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Good start your machamp is quite good.Your wailord is going to be a good combo with water spout along with it's very hp.But it just needs a attacker thats strong like your starter.I'm not being mean by the way.I haven't seen any thread in stratagies and movesets that isn't perfect

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Personally, the only Pokemon on your team that I would even consider using are Raichu (the only one I occasionally DO use), Machamp and Crobat. Tropius is just a joke of a Pokemon, I tried to use one against one my friends to prove that it wasn't the most worthless thing ever and it failed horribly, you couldn't be worse off with a Luvdisc instead of Tropius. Absol, is just kind of average, it's got good attack, but doesn't have the greatest moveset. I tend to stay away from Dark types, since you can teach Dark attacks, like Crunch, to pretty much anything.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Well maybe but what about the movesets
    i didn;t see him posting that.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well maybe but what about the movesets
    i didn;t see him posting that.

You really need to read my posts. The movesets are terrible, I listed reasons in my other post.

Good start your machamp is quite good.Your wailord is going to be a good combo with water spout along with it's very hp.But it just needs a attacker thats strong like your starter.I'm not being mean by the way.I haven't seen any thread in stratagies and movesets that isn't perfect

Yeah, but all of those teams have EVs, natures, good items, movesets without HMs...the list continues.

Seriously, if you aren't good at giving advice, don't give it. I', not here to make enemies, I'm just being honest with you here, the only good advice I've seen is from Cactus Twist.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    anyhow, let's take a look at my team from LeafGreen

Charizard - Serious - Leftovers
    252 Speed, 126 Special Attack, 126 Attack
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Smokescreen

Venusaur - Bold - Leftovers
    252 Special Attack, 252 Special Defense
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam
    Toxic
    Leaf Storm

Alakazam - Timid - Leftovers
    252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Reflect

Heracross - Jolly - Leftovers
    252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Substitute
    Bulk Up
    Megahorn
    Brick Break

Dragonite - Adament - Leftovers
    252 Attack, 126 Special Defence, 126 Defence
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage

Tyranitar - Brave - Kings Rock
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide

proceed to critique

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    anyhow, let's take a look at my team from LeafGreen

Charizard - Serious - Leftovers
    252 Speed, 126 Special Attack, 126 Attack
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Smokescreen

Venusaur - Bold - Leftovers
    252 Special Attack, 252 Special Defense
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam
    Toxic
    Leaf Storm

Alakazam - Timid - Leftovers
    252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Calm Mind
    Reflect

Heracross - Jolly - Leftovers
    252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Substitute
    Bulk Up
    Megahorn
    Brick Break

Dragonite - Adament - Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage

Tyranitar - Brave - Kings Rock
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Brick Break
    Rock Slide

proceed to critique

You can't get leaf storm in LeafGreen though...

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    really? hmm.. I'll have to go back and check what that has on it, anyhow, it was some move that I pretty much only used as a last resort when I was about to faint. Maybe it was Frenzy Plant. I think the one in my Diamond has leaf storm on it, so maybe I just got them mixed up.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Hey Cactus Twist goodish team there surprising really after u concidered using a Crobat on any team. Your team is still to easy to beat i just need 3 types of pokemon and ur team is finished. I will tell you what they are so you can change it to get rid of that sort of weakness, the types are: Ice, Dark and Water. Good Luck.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Rate each others' teams here! But I have a few Guidelines.
    1. Base the rating you give not by level, but by effectiveness of the Pokemon battling another at its level.
    2. Be nice, make suggestions. A perfect Pokemon is NOT possible, but it can be extremely superb!

My team:

RAICHU - Lv50 (FEMALE) Holding MAGNET
    HP 138 - ATK 121 - DEF 78 - SP. ATK 99 - SP. DEF 105 - SPD 128
    Moves - THUNDERBOLT, VOLT TACKLE, SLAM, IRON TAIL
    Role: Elemental Powerhouse - Raichu is my ever-so-powerful Electric Type that can make the first move most of the time and stun the target to slow them down, along with murdering them with a life-sacrificing move, VOLT TACKLE, also my "Emergency Break."

TROPIUS - Lv44 (MALE) Holding DIRE HIT
    HP 153 - ATK 76 - DEF 86 - SP. ATK 86 - SP. DEF 86 - SPD 62
    Moves - GIGA DRAIN, MAGICAL LEAF, STRENGTH, FLY
    Role: Returner - Tropius is able to revive itself with GIGA DRAIN when it must, and in the mean time, it stands its ground with a well-placed STRENGTH or MAGICAL LEAF, depending on the foe. FLY is also good for dodging a SOLARBEAM of some kind.

MACHAMP - Lv41 (MALE) Holding CLEANSE TAG
    HP 139 - ATK 127 - DEF 70 - SP. ATK 80 - SP. DEF 87 - SPD 64
    Moves - BRICK BREAK, SECRET POWER, SUBMISSION, *ROCK SMASH
    Role: Physical Powerhouse - Machamp provides a special side of my party. His SP. DEF isn't half bad, making him a nice tank when it comes to punching the News Crew around a few times. BRICK BREAK can be used as a strong attack that shatters barriers, SECRET POWER can be used if Fighting Type Moves have little effect, SUBMISSION used to deal heavier blows when needed, and ROCK SMASH used for HM Purposes only.

CROBAT - Lv50 (FEMALE) Holding SOOTHE BELL

HP 155 - ATK 121 - DEF 102 - SP. ATK 89 - SP. DEF 95 - SPD 131
    Moves - POISON FANG, BITE, WING ATTACK, CONFUSE RAY

Role: Persistant Powerhouse - Crobat is an incredible member of my team, able to get past the occasional flinch with INNER FOCUS. Her only difference from my RAICHU, Chibi, that seems major, is the DEF. POISON FANG is a standing-out move that may poison the foe, and it deals good damage too. BITE is rarely used, unless I need to take out a pesky Kadabra when the time calls for it. WING ATTACK is a simple one-turn FLYING move for getting across a simple message. CONFUSE RAY comes in handy at some times, as it allows me to slip past near-death situations unscathed, and hurting the foe a bit too!

ABSOL - Lv41 (MALE) Holding AMULET COIN
    HP 110 - ATK 118 - DEF 61 - SP. ATK 71 - SP. DEF 67 - SPD 72
    Moves - THIEF, SLASH, ICE BEAM, SWORDS DANCE
    Role: Slow Mimic - Absol can use his Swords Dance to beef up his moves to the max, then unleash them at the end of the move, making a useful ally in Double Battles. SLASH is a nice, clean NORMAL Attack. ICE BEAM can be used to freeze the dragons for the Elite Four I'm training for, along with Rayquaza. THIEF can be a nice move, and it also takes stuff from your enemy.

WAILORD - Lv41 (FEMALE) Holding Nothing
    HP 197 - ATK 86 - DEF 58 - SP. ATK 81 - SP. DEF 52 - SPD 67
    Moves - SURF, ROLLOUT, WATERFALL, DIVE
    Role: Charity Elemental - Wailord has high HP standards, good for surviving Fire and Water Attacks. ROLLOUT keeps becoming stronger, but there is no way to stop it without dying. So that means no heals, unless it is a DOUBLE BATTLE. SURF is also effective in a Double Battle, and very powerful. WATERFALL can wash away the foes as Wailord's strongest move, and DIVE can dodge an instant-killer if it must.
    It looks like you're a rookie. I recommend reading through this thread. Its perfect for beginners at competetive battlers.

Why'd Cactus Twist post his team here? Thats wierd.

Oh and turn off the Caps Lock, its really hard to read.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Ash&pikachuwhatever, please don't post in thread's that are over a month old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back