• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Rocket as Black and White Evil Team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • We will not know until the next CoroCoro is leaked, which will probably be tomorrow morning or friday, if not, and nothing is revealed but the legendaries (which I bet will be the only "new Pokemon" in the issue and no others revealed), we will have to wait until next months issue

Either way, would'nt all the members have that silly accent, no, everyone in the region would sound like it, making the game seem like an import from some country in Europe with an unprenouncable name like "Dfasfldorf" or something like that......

Actually, there is an event involving Celebi and Giovanni. But still, it is a possibility. Although I think there should be more excitement in the games like the one were you actually pretended to be a grunt...but I wish that was longer and you really got to infiltrate their hideout as a grunt, instead of your rival blowing it off right away.

I was dissapointed with that too, after all, it worked in other RPGs, but apparently not Pokemon that's for sure, if only it was like until you got to the director, and Silver was not involved until the sewers......

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Call me an enthusiast for the old or rather, nostalgic; but I would rather see Team Rocket (With Silver in command) in Black and White than see a new team. I only say Silver, because Giovanni "committed suicide" in HG/SS right or so it was assumed....

Besides the man did say in his home country "far far away" right? I believe we've established that Isshu is an immense amount of distance from the other regions....;)

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • It would be cool if they brought Team Rocket back. For some reason a group of people that steal or capture, then sell, rare and strong Pokémon seems to make the story more interesting rather than a group that want to recreate the world or attempting to expand landmass or the amount of water in the world.

I'm a sucker for nostalgia so bringing Team Rocket back seems like an awesome idea, sadly I don't think it'll happen though. =\

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • Here's how I think it should be, though I bet people will disagree. Have Team Rocket come back, but half way through the game, have them taken out by another evil team who turns out to be the real main threat. Of course, there would be mentions of this new evil team, as well as maybe a battle before taking out Team Rocket.

That, in my opinion, would be pretty cool.

This would be awesome. Having Team Rocket come back to make you think THEY are the main villain (with that grunt from Johto as the temporary leader or something) and then another Team comes in and destroys them (not literally) forcing them out of Isshu. Then maybe near the end you lose to the new teams boss and you think all hope is lost then Team Rocket saves the day. That would be a plot twist and a half ;)

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I don't care if it's called Team Rocket or Team Sea-slug or Team Tyler's Van. I want intelligent gangsters with realistic goals, goals that could still be achieved regardless of whether or not I and millions like me interfere in their business. Team Rocket only failed at Silph Corp when they decided that it was the one thing they had to succeed in, and even then it wasn't disbanded until you ousted Giovanni as the leader of both Team Rocket AND Viridian Gym. None of this chasing legends like in Generations 3 and 4. None of this Artificial Evolution Induction crap like in Generation 2. Team Rocket was a mafia, dangit, and I want to see the criminal element act like one for once!

TL;DR: I want the criminal subplot of 5th Gen to feel like it was taken from the Pokemon manga. You know, the one where the Elite Four are in bed with Team Rocket.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    How many times are we going to have to let Team Rocket come back only to be defeated again? :P

Good idea, though I have another, there could be no team in Isshu (at first). If Rocket is brought back why not include another team (maybe Galactic?) The point can be since yin/yang are forces that are interconnected/dependent on one another in the world Team Rocket & other teams, coming together to form sort of a coalition-team, are the outside force trying to disrupt this yin/yang story of ours (it would work well if Isshu had its modern/natural world connected in a way that didn't harm either). I don't know how I can explain any further but it basically goes along the lines of:

1) Being ran out of their respective regions some members of the old teams run to Isshu (assuming that Hiun definitely is a port city they could come in through it)..
    2) They form a coalition and come up with a new name, uniforms, etc. so that no one will recognize them
    3) Learning of how Isshu is interconnected and also about the legends (I assume) they seek out to destroy this balance and use it to their advantage.
    4) Their actions reak havoc across the region, possibly forcing some rift between the people of Isshu. (You know, you don't know who is apart of the team, just gossip basically)

Maybe my idea sounds dumb >_<...but if Team Rocket is going to be back then IMHO they should have a plan somewhat like this.
    No NO NO This is a great idea, i remember reading the Harry potter 5-7 and thats what i liked about them. Every body knew about the death eaters but know one knew who they were really. They should make a team similar to that.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If Team Rocket returns for Gen. V, I'd be disappointed. This is a brand-new region, so I was hoping for a new organization as well.

Team Rocket can always be a sub-plot. The idea of Team Rocket in the Isshu region is not such a bad idea, but them as the main organization is not really good either.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If Team Rocket returns for Gen. V, I'd be disappointed. This is a brand-new region, so I was hoping for a new organization as well.

Team Rocket can always be a sub-plot. The idea of Team Rocket in the Isshu region is not such a bad idea, but them as the main organization is not really good either.
    Well what if just Geovanni returned, maybe he would help you like lance, steven and cynthia did. But dont make him champion, Hmm maybe have red make an apperance it would make sense for the champion on Kanto would go some where new. Maybe have a pokemon World cup where champions from around the world come to battle.

I kow its a pokemon game but doese the teams plot have to involve pokemon pokemon and more pokemon. Lets make it realistic maybe have the team going out for the regions political power. I mean you take over the goverment you can do anything you want. Maybe the main character can be a villain in that sense, after you become champion have the team infiltrate the goverment, declare you and your peers enemy of the state. It will be interesting, having lookers police team coming for you only to be a little afraid..why? Because your the champ. Better yet lets have everybody think your bad and the can be a reason for rematches for gym leaders , i mean you see a wanted trainer in your city who are you gonna call? no not ghost busters, but your gym leader.

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • What about evil elite 4...like in the manga..that will be interesting !

NatureKeeper

We'll never know until the teams are leaked.

He looks like a foreigner, so his country might be outside the Pokémon Japan, since all the regions speak the same Japanese language, but he is wierd. And the country is Japan, Isshu (based on Honshu, presumably) is a part of Japan unless they really count Isshu based on an area in Russia, now It'd make sense to bring back Team Rocket. But, as of now, until we see Isshu's map at least and see its relations to both Russia and Honshu, we can expect Rockets or not. We cannot be sure bothways. The grunt also may go to the Honshu-based Isshu with his crazy accent and all, and recreate Team
    Rocket or create a new team, as Lady Gaga speculated in her post. However, our best bet if we want him to return is for Isshu to be based on Russia.

Time Stamp- 10:35 UTC 6\10\2010 (MM\DD\YYYY)

Zheeph

2794 3335 3469 - SoulSilver FC
    Years
  • I disagree, the theme songs of the teams are always epic win, and I don't want to risk hearing the same song all over again, I want a new badass tune for a new team. What I would like to see is two teams cooperating with each other in a game, like, who knows, team magma getting help from team galactic to change space so there could be more land. Just an Idea.
    But I won't be killing my brain thinking about it, I'm sure nintendo will give us a very pleasant suprise like they always do.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Oh god, please no.

I've had enough of Team Rattata/Zubat for a loooong time. If they are in B/W, there's an even lower chance of me buying it. I'm already considering not buying it because of the horrible view system. :S

I wish they could be more original.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    RE: Team Rattata/Zubat/ComMons - Absolutely stupid for this to happen. How do you expect to take over [INSERT MILITARY/INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX HERE] that's most definitely going to be extremely well-armed... if all you've got are BB-Guns and Blank Rounds? Likewise, you don't throw your entire force at one target, you keep a large portion in reserve in case some lone renegade decides to go all Rambo on your operation and blow it up in a ridiculously over-the-top manner.

An example of what I would like to see in a Criminal Team in a pokemon game is the criminal rival entry I made for Maci12's Create-A-League. For those not interested in one example, let me give you some others.
    • Stays under the radar as long as possible, and keeps the motives well-hidden from the general public. Example: Team Rocket at Mount Moon had nothing to do with Team Rocket at Silph Co.
    • Knows when to fall back and take a loss, especially if the operation has already succeeded. Example: Mahogany [censored]ing Town. A victory for the protagonists, but it was already considered a success by the Rocket Execs by the time you're breaking in.
    • Takes no unnecessary risks. It's one thing to not expect a random trainer to break into your secret mountain hideout (marked only by one extremely forgetful grunt), it's another thing entirely to not expect random trainers to suspect something when they can't SURF to the next gym because of your training sessions with Wailmers.
    • Plans for the Worst. Cyrus expected something to go wrong at every turn, and planned accordingly. The only thing that came to bite him in the butt was him letting you release the Lake Trio. (Incidentally, this is why you never go anywhere to or from the secret lab, and in fact is why you should have a fake lab as a red herring.) Hibino expects you to meddle starting with the second encounter (although considered it unlikely, now that I re-read it), and already had a plan in place in case you did meddle during the third encounter.
    • Has a reason for being a criminal, outside of Power and Glory. Magma wanted to expand the land, creating more places for people to live and therefore promoting urban expansion; Aqua wanted to expand the sea, creating more places for nature to thrive (sort of) and therefore promoting urban efficiency. Both had a purpose beyond "Remake the world so that I rule it somehow."
    • They may be criminals, but they were trainers before that. They have families. At one point, they had great trust that their Pokemon would see them through anything, and in return their Pokemon trusted them to guide, lead, teach, and protect. Giovanni, Archie, and Maxie all remembered this in the end of their subplots.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • team rocket ?!...no way ...they've been in 11 games !!!...while others have been in only 3...seriously we need a new team

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
    Years
  • Team rocket might once again be rebuilt in Isshu region... besides Isshu region is faraway from the 4 other regions purfect for recreating them.... I hope giovanni would be back... and also Blue should return as a commander of team rocket.....

shot571

How about a team of scientists who control a bunch of pokemon and use them as grunts instead of normal grunts. So you battle the pokemon and maybe they could be in packs or something. lol na scratch that, that idea sucks. i prefer the one with the evil e4. so instead of battling the league you could be somewhere else and battling the e4 members as the teams leaders in places like a forest. hard to explain :s. but you would be battling the e4 and the team members at the same time if that makes sense. then after you have beaten them the champion comes and congratulates you and tells you that she/he would love to battle you. so you have a battle in forest. ok maybe that ideas bad as well but its hard to explain. i can think of it but not explain it. Plus the thing i dont like about the e4 is the damn building. so boring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back