• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rockets New Look!~

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    no way! i just now found out episode 1 was out in jap but anywhooo... is team rocket going to actualy be the "badguys" again??? + the new outfites pwn. woot! looks like i'm going to have to read subs... oh well!

sorry, not "out" but it's going to be the next episode in japan. sorry again for any confusion!

If they were competent they'd succeed at capturing the main characters' Pokemon, and I highly doubt that they'd write off their Pokemon in the show. The main characters can't just lose their Pokemon, so TR will just end up failing like always. It's just not happening, deal with it. I do agree that TR needs less screen time though.

less screen time? you have to be kidding. they don't need more or less screen time they just need to be less of a time wast. aka do things other then fill up empty spots in the episode.

Last edited:

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
  • Giovanni, you used to be cool...
    But I guess nothing says dominating leader like dressing up like a dictator.

This is exactly why I like Giovanni's new look. Team Rocket's about world domination, plain and simple. Their leader should look the part, and now he does!

As for Jessie and James, I've always wanted to see them in the traditional Rocket black. Their white uniforms look too wimpy.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I know no one gives a **** about this thread anymore but I don't care because I finally found the picture of Jessie and James in the uniforms they should be in. Now I must find their red uniforms. That's what their new region looks should be.

Team Rockets New Look!~

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    A still cannot believe all that was said about Team Rocket invading Isshu. With front line troops consisting of the Rocket Trio, it' s going to be an utter failure. Leave that job to Team Plasma.
    I still prefer the same old Team Rocket. :(

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Meowth looks exactly the same!

I like the lighter colored ones better, and Giovanni was cooler when he looked like some mob boss.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Haha their new look is great! But that doesn't stop the fact that they're so irritating - both in games and cartoon.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I've always felt that the rocket trio needed new costumes. But when they finally did, I now perfer the old ones xD I'm just not used to the new ones yet...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I wonder why they decided to have them change into grunt like uniforms. Their uniforms don't seem all that special when compared to Domino's, Hun's, or even Butch's and Cassidy's.

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • I am actually quite upset about this 'new look' of theirs. The white uniforms were actually a character point, addressed in some episode or other that involved Butch and Cassidy.

Congratulations, Team Rocket. You now look just as generic as the rest of your group.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I'm glad that Team Rocket has finnaly changed their outfits after 14 years, Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler without the infamous mustasche, I'm expecting to be seeing him more.....

I agree Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler. Also, I think the white uniform they had on before was something like probation/trial rocket member uniform. So I guess they finally got promoted to grunt rank after multiple failures.. :3

Also I think it'll be interesting to see Team Rocket VS Team Plasma in terms of ideology. So whoever Ash ends up siding with it'll feel like he's helping the bad guy! haha!

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I like their new outfit. It fits their more serious appearance in Best Wishes. I loved how James used a smokeball to escape X3
    I really hope they won't go back to their old character. A strong Team Rocket is much cooler!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • mineowyn; said:
    I agree Giovanni looks like Adolf Hitler. Also, I think the white uniform they had on before was something like probation/trial rocket member uniform. So I guess they finally got promoted to grunt rank after multiple failures.. :3

Jessie and James are agents I believe. They only have white uniforms to "express their sense of style".

Read some more: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket_uniform

Tsukiyo said:
    The white uniforms were actually a character point, addressed in some episode or other that involved Butch and Cassidy.

It was is "Dues and Don'ts" but Butch and Cassidy weren't in that episode.

Below link explains Team Rocket's outfits.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_clothing_in_the_anime#Main_outfits_4

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • I could swear Butch and Cassidy (or one or the other) made a comment about their outfit at someone point...x.x;

In any case, it's good to know I'm not crazy, at least on that one point.

Back