• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Shiny Green Stone [Recruiting]

Should I change the Water Starter?

• Yes

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters

Awesome

has divided by zero.
Years
  • This team has DIED.
    lol, Kinda forgot this was in production... sorry 'bout that. Trying to get better at the spriting.

Years
    • Seen today
    im here, still need thwe map? i need a quick bad draft or something, im out of ideas for that map, sorry.
    Finish it! Fast!
    I gave it to you about a month ago. You should be done.

This team has DIED.
    lol, Kinda forgot this was in production... sorry 'bout that. Trying to get better at the spriting.
    Lul.

Yes, I'm having stress with Spriting. Hope Tre can hurry up with mapping the forest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Nah, pick something you get earlier on.
    Like Rabit, Spongep (Need to upload), and Scorpuny (Need to Upload), plus Scaventure (On first page).
    Spongep is a sheep with a sponge as wool. And Goatorent (Evolution) is a goat with wool around its neck, and some fins on its back.
    Scorpuny is this thing:
    33scropunyfront.png
    It evolves into a bigger scorpion, that sort of has the body shape of Armaldo.
    116skalitalfront.png
    Skalital.
    16_scr10.png
    Scrabir.
    17sworbirfront.png
    Sworbir.
    Alright, the sprites are really cool btw, in the other post you did about sprites, the middle one was the one i liked the less (foxkare), guess its because the legs.

Ok, so lets pump the "magcargo" a bit:

50/110/100
    39/78/105
    48/96/90
    53/105/100
    39/78/72
    16/28/28

Ok now he is more bulky, not that he would survive many 4x hits, but makes it better, yet i didn't pumped that much, the pre-evo is just to match it, the special attack should let him to deal some nice fire damage.

The third stat line, is just a scrap of an idea i had, like camerupt, able to do eruptions and fire attacks, while also doing rock and ground (earthquakes), (because its a volcano), if you like it, tell me, because that requires testing with mixed attacks special (Fire)/physical (rock/ground), and then testing is bad defenses to make something balanced, if you don't like the earthquake rocky volcano idea as it may be a acid lava volcano or something, the 2nd stat line seems good.

Can you tell me Scaventure types? i will work on that one and make your early weak one. Rabite is cool, he just sightly stronger than Raticate, yet he isn't much, its like, he is worthless, but at least people that really like him can do something with him (106 speed).

A scrap idea i had for him without knowing his types is:
    low hp 40/60
    low attack 30/55
    low defense 35/60
    medium special attack 50/80
    medium special defense 55/90
    medium speed 45/75

This is a random scrap, but what you say about it? i will fix it after i know the types.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    My App

Username: Rjrrjr (RJ)
    Position: Mapper, maybe storyliner? I might have some ideas
    Proof of Work:
    Here are some of my maps i just made(i deleted my other maps)....I can make towns, cities, forest, cave, etc....Just tell me what to do!!!

img824.imageshack.us/i/custom3.png/

img686.imageshack.us/i/custom2.png/

(heres one i help on)
    img130.imageshack.us/i/customcity.png/

Past Experiences/Current Projects: I have mad maps for Shadow Gold, and Sunny Side? (I forget the name)
    Contact Info: [email protected]
    Why you want to join the team: I want to join the team because I want to be able to help you map the game, and I am very productive. Also It will be funn!! o.O
    I

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Username: Rjrrjr (RJ)
    Position: Mapper, maybe storyliner? I might have some ideas
    Proof of Work:
    Here are some of my maps i just made(i deleted my other maps)....I can make towns, cities, forest, cave, etc....Just tell me what to do!!!

img824.imageshack.us/i/custom3.png/

img686.imageshack.us/i/custom2.png/

(heres one i help on)
    img130.imageshack.us/i/customcity.png/

Past Experiences/Current Projects: I have mad maps for Shadow Gold, and Sunny Side? (I forget the name)
    Why you want to join the team: I want to join the team because I want to be able to help you map the game, and I am very productive. Also It will be funn!! o.O
    I
    Your routes need some more trees. But I like your Cave Work.
    You are accepted.

Alright, the sprites are really cool btw, in the other post you did about sprites, the middle one was the one i liked the less (foxkare), guess its because the legs.

Ok, so lets pump the "magcargo" a bit:

50/110/100
    39/78/105
    48/96/90
    53/105/100
    39/78/72
    16/28/28

Ok now he is more bulky, not that he would survive many 4x hits, but makes it better, yet i didn't pumped that much, the pre-evo is just to match it, the special attack should let him to deal some nice fire damage.

The third stat line, is just a scrap of an idea i had, like camerupt, able to do eruptions and fire attacks, while also doing rock and ground (earthquakes), (because its a volcano), if you like it, tell me, because that requires testing with mixed attacks special (Fire)/physical (rock/ground), and then testing is bad defenses to make something balanced, if you don't like the earthquake rocky volcano idea as it may be a acid lava volcano or something, the 2nd stat line seems good.

Can you tell me Scaventure types? i will work on that one and make your early weak one. Rabite is cool, he just sightly stronger than Raticate, yet he isn't much, its like, he is worthless, but at least people that really like him can do something with him (106 speed).

A scrap idea i had for him without knowing his types is:
    low hp 40/60
    low attack 30/55
    low defense 35/60
    medium special attack 50/80
    medium special defense 55/90
    medium speed 45/75

This is a random scrap, but what you say about it? i will fix it after i know the types.
    Scaventure is Dark/Flying.
    Nice Stats.
    Though Make the attack Higher, and the Special attack lower.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    haha alrighty thanks....Where should i get started?? And I need info about the game.....

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    Username: SoulKaze
    Position: OW spriter, Mapper, Story-line guy and Beta Tester. (I'm still a beginner :P)
    Proof of Work: None, but hey, everyone starts like me.
    Past Experiences/Current Projects: I'm currently working on a hack, but im failing at it ^^.
    Why you want to join the team: I would like to join this team, because I really do like rom hacking, the "Pokemon Draco Peridot" hack sounds interesting to me, and even though I suck and I'm a beginner, but I try my best.

Years
    • Seen today
    Username: SoulKaze
    Position: OW spriter, Mapper, Story-line guy and Beta Tester. (I'm still a beginner :P)
    Proof of Work: None, but hey, everyone starts like me.
    Past Experiences/Current Projects: I'm currently working on a hack, but im failing at it ^^.
    Why you want to join the team: I would like to join this team, because I really do like rom hacking, the "Pokemon Draco Peridot" hack sounds interesting to me, and even though I suck and I'm a beginner, but I try my best.
    Try making some sprites, I'll see if I let you in or not.

As for RJ, Mapping is already done for the first Beta.
    So You can be off for now.

Years
    • Seen today
    Flora Grunts should have a bandana.

And it looks like you just ripped the head off one sprite and put it onto another.

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    well, i had to use a base, I took the flora grunts head from a sprite, i changed it tho, I redit the body for it though. For the boy(i know, he sucks), i use landon's body, I said so myself, I'm a beginner

Just add me on msn, its easier, [email protected]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    And plus, you should read what we're hacking, it says Fire Red.
    Those are R/S/E styled sprites. I need FR styled sprites.
    But those sprites don't look good. So I have to decline you.

Also, a good spriter always saves in PNG. Thanks Awesome for pointing that out.

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    k, could you add some positive critisism please, I need help to get started.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Scaventure is Dark/Flying.
    Nice Stats.
    Though Make the attack Higher, and the Special attack lower.

Dark/Flying, that type will be actually very hard to balance, due the lack of dark type moves, and dark type being special on 3 gen.

Just to make things worse, its a bird, so it won't learn crunch the best dark move.

Looking at murkrow, it seems it can be like it, less attack/special attack maybe and sightly better defenses, so then he can get something useful on the support side like Featherdance/Haze/Taunt/Whirldwind/Thief/Pursuit

Making it learn a couple more of support moves like snatch, torment, knock off, fake tears, would be great, and they are all dark moves.

Beat up could be nice if he learns it, since he lacks good dark moves.

I suggest pumping up moves like Fly and other HMs, so at least they are useful, (just pump the power a bit, maybe add crit chanse to cut), and making strenght fighting would be also cool, due no close combat on gen 3, so there would be a strong attack sightly better than brick break that dosen't lower stats like superpower.

Adding a Dark type move is also welcome, and this pokemon will need it, since it will lack crunch. (Faint attack is the best one for him).

Finally what would be his ability? i have to work out this first before this stats this time, due the dark typing/physical type combination, Insomnia like Murkrow is very nice since the way im seeing this he would be better in the support role, early bird, because he is a bird, works like the same.
    Hustle is interreting so it could run physical sets, inner focus for futher support counter options (like insomnia but against flinches instead).

Years
    • Seen today
    He evolves, ya know?
    Into a vulture with a long, elastic, neck.
    So either make it have high Attack, or Fast attacking moves.

Back