• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Tangerine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Hey everybody. Well, I've been helping with other peoples hacks as a spriter, and I thought I'd try my own hack idea. It will be called Pokemon Reality, a hack of Ruby. Here's the story for our first hack.

Story:
    Spoiler:

This is a hack of Ruby. This is also set in the real world. I'm hoping to get some really good tilers so I could put stuff in like the Statue of Liberty and other important sites across the U.S.

Here's some features of the game...
    • Explore the United States and parts of Canada!!!
    • New starters, Umbreon or Espeon.
    • Some Pokemon got glitched from the laser. These will be Fakemon in the game. Maybe some glitch legendaries like MissingNo...
    • There will be Gym Leaders, but they aren't gym leaders. They're talented trainers from the area that you meet somehow.
    • The E4 is the National Pokemon Championships.
    • Meet the evil Team Reality!!
    • It'll probably be Deoxys for the legendary. It's backround fits, because the laser it was hit by could be from Team Reality.

Here's the team so far:
    Me - Spriter, OW Spriter, Story, Leader :)
    PoisoNinja - Mapper
    Zekrom The Hedgehog - Mapper, fakemon ideas, story. He dropped out of... uuhh... some positions. i dont remember what, just he dropped out of something.
    Hi-Techneon - Mapping, scripting
    hackerofdarkness - mapper, tile inserter
    kyoto - fakemon ideas
    PokemasterX - ideas and beta testing
    Olli97 - scripting
    Punnagg - spriter

Here's the application to join:
    Name:
    Skills:
    Skill Level:
    Proof of Work:
    Past Experience:
    Preference of communication:

We need this many people:
    Mappers: 1 more needed, PoisoNinja, Zekrom The Hedgehog (not sure), Hi-Techneon, hackerofdarkness
    Spriters: 2-4 , cbd98
    OW Spriters: 1-2 , cbd98
    Banner Maker: 1 If you think yours is better then pm me with the banner. credit for banner goes to Anng2000 from GameSpot.com and to PoisoNinja for putting it all together.
    Scripters: 1- 3 more, Hi-Techneon and Olli97
    Ideas for the Glitch Fakemon: kyoto
    We also need someone to make custom tiles. we have hackerofdarkness to insert them, but we need someone to make some, like the statue of liberty.

Our banner:
    Team Tangerine :)

OK, I'm done. Please join!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    This sounds a bit weird, but at the same time if it was made correctly, with custom tilesets and whatever, it could be something quite different than we're used to; that would be a cool twist. It could be interesting... If I was a better mapper, I would join ;P Good luck with it.

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    thx. the only problem is nobody's joining... :(

Years
    Well, I'm still quite the novice mapper, but I could join and be a back-up mapper...
    Name: PoisoNinja
    Skills: Mapper in training.
    Skill Level: Novice
    Proof of Work: See attachments.
    Past Experience: Currently mapping on first hack.
    Preference of communication:
    Skype, PM, email, whatever is fine..

Like I said, I'm still learning, so I wouldn't be able to do a lot of the custom things needed for a hack like this, but I can handle the basics somewhat..

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I think you're good enough to start out. Welcome to the team. I'll be PMing you soon with some details on what cities and routes to start mapping.

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    Name: u know
    Skills: mapping, story, fakemon ideas
    Skill Level: intermediete
    Proof of Work:working on hack now
    Past Experience:above
    Preference of communication: PM

i have ideas for fake mon just look at my pics and nice story btw

can i do some of the desert places or snow places just send me the file

Last edited by a moderator:

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    ok, you're in. i'll send you some details. you can probably do arizona and some snowy place up north. maybe chicago that's kinda north.

EDIT: you'll be doing minnesota and new mexico. and if we get could put it in, maybe alaska.

Years
    This looks very interesting to me. I'd love helping and travelling America :D
    Name: Hi-Techneon
    Skills: Mapping and Scripting (and storyline if you need it)
    Skill Level: I have no idea to be honest, so here's my thought: mapping 4/5 scripting 3/5 (no ASM)
    Proof of Work: I'll dig in my folders and try to show something interesting.
    Past Experience: None, I've been helping in the script help thread and the simple questions thread but that's all
    Preference of communication: VM or PM

I'll edit this post once I find some proofs of work :)

Last edited:

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I don't car if a scripter has proof of work, since we don't have one yet. Welcome to the team!! I'll send you some detail. which reminds me, i need to start working :P

Years
    Alrighty, I know it's not much, but at least we can have a banner now ;P
    (None of the artwork is mine, I just did a lot of copying, pasting, and cropping) Anyway, enjoy..

Spoiler:

Last edited:

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    its pretty kewl. just remember to find the credits so i don't get anybody mad at me.

EDIT: guys i'm gunna make a world map so i can show you guys what routes and stuff. i'll have it done by tonight prolly.

Last edited:

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
    hey i have some ideas now but i forgot to draw them......

Comstar- Psy-Rock

Merma -Water => Mermia -water-psy => Mermquatic
    Piggl -elec => Zopiggle -elec => Zigglpig- Elec

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    those are good ideas, we'll probably use them. also, i got the world map attached. it's a rough copy, so stuff might change. also, zekrom change the arizona directions i gave you to new mexico.

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I. LOVE. IT. it's really good. definite yes. i'm gunna post what everyone has so far so we can see how we're doing.

Hi-Techneon sent me this:
    Spoiler:

PoisoNinja's map is right above this...

Zekrom's got some nice ideas for the story and fakemon...

And I have done... nothing... :P but i will be right about... now.

Keep up the good work!

Years
    I'm glad you like it! If there's anything you want different just let me know.. Well, it seems like progress is going along just fine :D What other maps need to be worked on?

cbd98

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    If we had cutsom tiles we could do new york... :( i know!! do the big island on hawaii. and just so you know, i think some lava and rocks and stuff are in tileset 17. if i remember correctly. the island should be bigger than rhode island, have the volcano in the middle with a cave door sticking out the front, mostly beach around the island (for that hawaii feel :) ) and for some houses use the kind that are at the bottom of rhode island, cause those just seem more hawaii to me. sry if it's a lot.

Years
    Yeah, Hawaii sounds fun!! :D
    And yeah, there would really be no point in doing New York, if we don't have any custom tilesets.. Same with any other large city that will be strongly recognizable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back