• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Techniques?

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Hey
    Have you ever had those "techniques" u thought made catching pokemon easier
    Like pressin certains buttons and stuff
    :)
    I have mine was for FR/LG
    HOLD L R & A While Pressind the d-pad depending on which way the pokeball moves

I worked surprisingly well =)

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Trust me, this seriously works.

Every day at 11:36 am exactly tilt the GB upside down, fap, pray to whatever god you worship, make a sammich and lick the screen (In that exact order! I cannot stress that enough.) and catching a Pokemon will be approximately 2% easier.

I am 75% sure about this.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't really have any techniques for catching Pokemon, but sometimes I press the A button until I catch it and it always works for me :]

♥Sweetheart™

爱是永远
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    i don't think some people are being serious haha, but uh,
    I just attack and no defence. fails sometimes. :/
    no buttons :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Even though all those silly button combinations were disproved long ago, I still hold B+up out of habit every. single. time. I. throw. a. pokeball. D:

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    i press the a button right after the pokeball shakes, and then i press the b button when it clicks. i even caught dialga on the second try with an ultra ball!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I used to press A and the opposite direction the ball rolled on the D-pad back in Sapphire. I don't do it anymore since it makes no difference.

Years
    I used to do A+Down, I don't really know why because it didn't make a difference. Just a habit I had.

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
    I just pres B down when the pokemon flashes from taking the damage, as it is supposed to make it more likely to make Critical hits, but it's just a superstition and more of a habit.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    A! A! A! A! A! And repeat.

Originally, I used A+B, but I "heard" that can trigger the unwanted appearance of Decamark (??????????) and corrupt the file. So many rumors... Anyway, even though it doesn't really work, I will probably continue to press A-A-A well into future generations. :)

Back