• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen accused of burning a kitten alive.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    She burned a cat. Big deal. She doesn't deserve to be sent to jail for a month, let alone get a life sentence.

People burn other people, and they get life sentence. People burn something that will not in any way contribute to the economy at all, and they should, IMO, get a slap on the wrist and a police warning.

I can't believe so many of you are over exaggerating to this degree. Life sentence for burning a cat? No way in hell.
    You, and a lot of others, don't seem to grasp this:

It's not just the death of the cat she should be tried for. She stole a dog at gun point, and had her friends return it just $500. She also stole someone's iPod, but no, not just by taking, but also, by gunpoint! This is just the title of the thread, that is the video I found, how it was titled as well. She broke into an ex-roomates room, as well, stole things, and vandalized the place. But instead of just leaving, she had to burn a living creature to death. She has just completely crossed the line there, in my honest freakin' opinion, and deserves if not a life sentence, and definitely not a death sentence, but a house arrest, and be watched under at all times, and put under psychiatric help. Either that, or lock her up in a mental institution, in a straight jacket for life. >>

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • *signs it*

Animals don't deserve to be killed in such a cruel manner. While I don't think she deserves a life sentence she does deserve to go to prison for animal cruelty. Sometimes I think people should get harsher punishment for killing animals/abusing them because animals don't have a voice. They can't fight back like we can. (this excluding babies but I never really hear of baby deaths) Sometimes I get very sickened by the human race and do believe animal cruelty charges should be harder, while not the death penalty itself they do deserve to more harshly punished then they are. I'm very sickened someone would just kill a kitten just to be 'gangsta'. Thats not 'gangsta' (hell, i don't even know what 'gangsta is o_o;) thats just sick. :I

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • This is not a "practical joke" this is sick. burning a cat alive, that is animal cruelty
    That person needs to be sent to an insane asylum. Because there is obviously something wrong with her.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Honestly, that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. She also committ a ton of other crimes such as robbing someone at gunpoint for their iPod. She is sick and needs to go to jail.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • You do realise we do it more to other people don't you?
    Of course there are no sad news threads posted about human murders and human torture, we're just not really worth it, but when a kitten is killed...perish the thought.
    True, but its more the fact that the kitten was killed in a "practical joke" way. I mean if someone takes something precious to you (esspecially if its living) and puts it in a 200 degree oven for lulz...yeah...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • She burned a cat. Big deal. She doesn't deserve to be sent to jail for a month, let alone get a life sentence.

People burn other people, and they get life sentence. People burn something that will not in any way contribute to the economy at all, and they should, IMO, get a slap on the wrist and a police warning.

I can't believe so many of you are over exaggerating to this degree. Life sentence for burning a cat? No way in hell.
    You know, the whole heartless thing does not make you sound cool. Just try to imagine it from the point-of-view of the cat's owner. If someone just decided to stick your cat in an oven and turn it on (assuming you have one), would you be like, "PEACHES AND CREAM! She shouldn't go to jail at all, it's just a cat! S'all right!" And wow, it's all about the economy. The fact is, she's obviously a growing criminal. First she steals an iPod, then she steals an animal. Then she kills an animal. So what's she gonna do next? Kill an iPod? WRONG-O! I would guess, if we just wave her off without charges and let it escalate, it might get so bad that she'll kill a human. Or, to put in terms you can relate to, kill a statistic in the World's population that contributes to the Global Economy. ZOMG! THAT'LL AFFECT THE ECONOMY!

You can't rule that out, she obviously has guns, and knows how to point one at a human being.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Ugh, that it sick. That brat makes me want to kill. >:(

What's even more asinine are the brains of these people giving her the "sentence". I'm shocked at how even after all the crap she got away with the retards didn't send her to the crazy house, or at least give her a longer sentence. <_<

Edit: And for all the ignorant a-holes who say it's no big deal:

Go back to school and learn Buster's Law, fools. It's a felony to kill an animal, and how dare you say that just because it's an animal and not a human that they deserve to get away with it practically scott free.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • Hearing this stuff makes me so sad for the poor animals. Especially it being a cat, hurts more ..since I've always been a huge lover of kitties, since I was a baby.

But awh man. Especially burning it alive ..that's possibly the worst way to go. ugh. Sick girl. I don't know how people could be able to do this. I mean ..I can be a pretty twisted, messed up person. But I'd never think of harming an animal ..or a human in that way. Sure, I've beat people before, but I had my reasons. fights. it happens. (never animals, cause ..yeah, that's just messed up.)

I actually don't get sad over hearing about humans on the news in these things. Sure it's sad. But ..I never feel the sadness like I do when I hear about an animal (especially a cat) being abused. the poor kitten couldn't do anything. that just pisses me off.
    I don't think the chick should get life in prison ..but she should definitely get some time ..and a big fine. And if she does anything again, a worst punishment, and so on. If she never learns her lesson, well, then ..they'd do what they want with her.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • You do realise we do it more to other people don't you?
    Of course there are no sad news threads posted about human murders and human torture, we're just not really worth it, but when a kitten is killed...perish the thought.
    You're right, other humans are tortured and killed a lot. But if you murder someone in the US, you're going to prison for your life at least. But it's not the same when you murder a cat or a dog? No matter how much torture you put them through? What kind of double standard is that? Animals can feel pain just as much as we can. They have a life. Of course, no one seems to care about that much.

Like my dad, who is completely pro-life... when it comes to humans. "It's not right to murder a living baby who has a beating heart!! What about their decision?"

And then it comes to a cat being spayed... "Kill the damn things. Who cares? Just cats."

Seriously? x_x

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Edit: And for all the ignorant a-holes who say it's no big deal:

Go back to school and learn Buster's Law, fools. It's a felony to kill an animal, and how dare you say that just because it's an animal and not a human that they deserve to get away with it practically scott free.

what are you talking about? people kill and eat animals everyday. who the heck is Buster and why should he be allowed to make any rules or laws? now burning a kitty alive is just crew, but if you're that hungry at least have the decency to make sure it's dead before you stuff it in the oven. if you're gonna kill anything just for the fun of it or coz you think it makes a good 'practical joke' you're obviously very demented and something should be done about you. though i wonder how many of us have stepped on cockroaches or ants for the fun of it and didn't see anything wrong with that action.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • now burning a kitty alive is just crew, but if you're that hungry at least have the decency to make sure it's dead before you stuff it in the oven. if you're gonna kill anything just for the fun of it or coz you think it makes a good 'practical joke' you're obviously very demented and something should be done about you.

Uhh, you're talking about the girl in the article who put the cat in the oven, right?

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • what are you talking about? people kill and eat animals everyday. who the heck is Buster and why should he be allowed to make any rules or laws? now burning a kitty alive is just crew, but if you're that hungry at least have the decency to make sure it's dead before you stuff it in the oven. if you're gonna kill anything just for the fun of it or coz you think it makes a good 'practical joke' you're obviously very demented and something should be done about you. though i wonder how many of us have stepped on cockroaches or ants for the fun of it and didn't see anything wrong with that action.

Just an fyi, Buster was the name of a cat. I think the story goes that this cruel person decided to drench it in gasoline and light it on fire, so in return they were arrested and a new law was created and named after the dead cat.

It's partly my fault because I was so vague in my post, which I meant to edit. I meant that it's a felony to kill an animal through cruel an inhumane ways like burning and stuff like that, and it also made it agianst the law to abuse or neglect them either.

Oh, and one more thing; don't think that just because the animal is killed for food that that means it wasn't abused/negleted up until it's death. Stuff happens like that, man, even today. It sucks. People in these slaughter houses, they don't give a hoot about the animals what so ever. It makes me want to cringe..

piece of something

not what you're thinking
    Years
  • Just an fyi, Buster was the name of a cat. I think the story goes that this cruel person decided to drench it in gasoline and light it on fire, so in return they were arrested and a new law was created and named after the dead cat.

It's partly my fault because I was so vague in my post, which I meant to edit. I meant that it's a felony to kill an animal through cruel an inhumane ways like burning and stuff like that, and it also made it agianst the law to abuse or neglect them either.

Oh, and one more thing; don't think that just because the animal is killed for food that that means it wasn't abused/negleted up until it's death. Stuff happens like that, man, even today. It sucks. People in these slaughter houses, they don't give a hoot about the animals what so ever. It makes me want to cringe..

lol there is actually a law for that? that is extremely sad. a law should not even be required. it should be common sense not to behave in that way. we as humans need to grow up.

buster has a very sad story. thanks for educating me on buster's law and i definitely agree with it like i mentioned before. you are quite smart not like the fools you preach about. i must admit i feel less like an ignorant a-hole now. thanks and respect. out of curiosity do you think it is humane to kill rats with poison or squash spiders by smashing them with shoes? or do you think we should start making laws for insects and spiders as well after all they are all animals too right? i don't understand what you mean about it being against the law to neglect animals. care to elaborate. people neglect people on the streets everyday why is there no law for this too.

worry not neko i am well aware of all the inhumanity that goes on in slaughter houses. seen some videos too. really nasty stuff. of course those people don't give a flying hoot about animals or else they would not have been hired.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • The thing to be sad about is that a innocent person is being harrassed over the death of a animal.

In a cruel twist to the case, a Brooklyn retiree who shares a last name with Cherry is getting threats after someone mistakenly listed her number on a Web posting about the cat slaying.

"They're all saying, 'You'll burn in hell,' 'Who the hell do you think you are?'" Bernadette Cherry, 72, said of the 75 calls from cat lovers.

You all seem to be shocked by the fact that a person killed a cat, but yet you say nothing about a innocent person who is being hurt by this act as well?

Reactions: GKS

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Isn't it like this that serial killers start?
    If she's willing to kill a cat so easily, who knows if she could do the same to a human being.

And Team Chill Commander X is completely right.
    The poor woman must be suffering.

Back