• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen whose prank got him kicked out of prom, now allowed to go

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • That's not really a prank, it's an extreme invitation. And he should be allowed to go.

He vandalized the school? It's just card board, lazy-ass janitors.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Oh no he taped card board to the school in a creative gesture to ask a girl out now he was suspended a let back in. Seriously why is this a story? You and the school administration are making a big deal out of nothing so what you can easily remove cardboard taped to the school in a matter of minutes, it's not like he used graffiti or something like that. I comend the kid for his creativity, no harm no foul. This just sounds like one of those news stories they do when there is nothing else to report on or write about. I think it's more outrageous to make a big deal out of this then the actual act.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'll agree with the one-day suspension (they did trespass onto school grounds in the middle of the night after all), but I'm glad they got to go to the prom. XD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My goodness, why is this a big deal? Besides the minor trespassing thing, it's not even worth punishment. It was taken down with little effort, yes? No point in making a fuss.

Zet

Years
  • It wasn't even a prank considering he just used a creative method of asking someone to the prom without any damage to the school. Though it's good that he and his friends are allowed to go now.

here's the image:
    Teen whose prank got him kicked out of prom, now allowed to go

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why is that bad? Our senior pranks were much worse and no one got suspended. That's something you tell you kids around right there! This also reminds me of the dress code rule at my high school's prom last year. Someone broke it and it was ALL over the news. It was just stupid.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • its bad to go onto school property at night? eh what do i care i didnt listen to all those no trespass signs. lol

I dont see why he would get into so much trouble for this. This (and many more reasons) that I think the people who run schools are morons. Not saying others arnt morons.

And yeah seinor pranks are much worse. one yeah people broke inside and covered the walls. built a fort on the roof. and lets not talk about outside. not pg13.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It thast even a prank? Looks more like vandalism. Quite happy that he got out free as in my school you'll just get a detention.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • That's not a prank. Whoever suspended him in the first place should be suspended.

Nameless.

All that effort for one girl? That boy deserved to go to prom in the end! That's what I call determination!
    imagine how crushed he would have been if she said no

I wouldn't even consider that extreme enough vandalism to get suspended from prom. It's not like it was spray paint. :P
    I won't say how dumb it was to suspend him for that since everyone did that enough already, but... I didn't find it necessary. It's not like he was breaking and entering. I used to go walking on my school grounds all the time at night when I was younger. Is that trespassing? D:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I wish I had a guy who did that for me. Maybe a minor infraction because he did trespass and such, but outright suspending him from the prom went a little too far. =[

Years
  • I wish I had a guy who did that for me. Maybe a minor infraction because he did trespass and such, but outright suspending him from the prom went a little too far. =[

Challenge accepted.

. . . Except it's not feasible for me V_____V

Anyway, I have to say, well played, to that guy for his outlandish act. I enjoy it when out of the ordinary events occur in this world. Life is too boring otherwise when everything runs nice and smoothly. Chaos makes my blood pump and only then, do I feel truly alive.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years

• Outrageous? Why? Everyone deserves to go to their prom.

He still technically vandalised the school with what he did

I'd hardly call it vandalism.

and doing this will just make other students who were also kicked out of proms that they can get off without a proper punishment.

I highly doubt his "vandalism" counts anywhere near what "other people did to get kicked out of prom."

The kid created a really sweet, and thought out invitation for someone, asking them to go to the prom. The school is crazy to believe that this is "vandalism." (It's not like the junk is permanently applied to the wall, heck, it'll fall apart in the rain.) It's also not like it was going to stay there forever, or he had the intention of "vandalizing" the property.

It was an extreme and sweet invitation. People do stuff like this all the time where I'm from.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I think that it's just dumb suspending and banning him. Honestly, a safety risk?
    Is the world just getting dumber or what? Everything these days is now a risk of some sort. Hell, it's a bigger safety risk to go to school than what he did so it looks pretty hypocritical.

And vandalism? You can't call that vandalism if you look at actual vandalism. It's just cardboard, it's not even permanent, and he probably would have taken it down afterward. It was just a creative proposal.

So, I think it's a good thing that they let him go to the prom. :3
    It would have sucked if she rejected him

Back