• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tell Us About Your Anime/Manga Collections!

Years
  • Here's a photo I took earlier of my fledgling mango collection:

tumblr_n8x2apsAFS1qm6olso1_500.jpg

Look at mister fancy-pants over there will all the Blu-Rays. Is Dusk Maiden of Amnesia any good?

Anyway, just a quick show-off post here:
    Spoiler:

My Miku wallet arrived Saturday in the mail!

I also bought UQ Holder! Volume 2 and the Haganai volume of shorts (Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends - Now With 50% More Fail! is its English title, for those looking for it), but no pictures of those.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Look at mister fancy-pants over there will all the Blu-Rays. Is Dusk Maiden of Amnesia any good?

Anyway, just a quick show-off post here:
    Spoiler:

My Miku wallet arrived Saturday in the mail!

I also bought UQ Holder! Volume 2 and the Haganai volume of shorts (Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends - Now With 50% More Fail! is its English title, for those looking for it), but no pictures of those.

ONLY THE FANCIEST OF MANGOS OVER HERE. Also, I like Dusk Maiden quite a bit, it's similar to Higurashi in a lot of ways, though with much less disturbing visuals. Mostly, at least. No idea if the dub is any good, though.

Cute wallet, also! How's the quality of it?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

• Funny thing, if you pronounce manga in the same way as Japan does (with the hard 'g') over here, it means mango instead. Hence why if I ever say manga, it'll be in a soft 'g'.

yay mangoes

Because I'm too lazy to take pictures and the position of the bookshelf in my room is in a place with low light, I'll just show these off:

Spoiler:

Also, sorting out the merch is a hassle.

And maybe someday I'll show off the rest of the stuff I have stockpiled over the past 2 years. Look forward to August~ P:

Years
  • ONLY THE FANCIEST OF MANGOS OVER HERE. Also, I like Dusk Maiden quite a bit, it's similar to Higurashi in a lot of ways, though with much less disturbing visuals. Mostly, at least. No idea if the dub is any good, though.

Cute wallet, also! How's the quality of it?

It seems to be of pretty sturdy quality, but I don't plan on using it. It'll get completely ruined if I use it.

Miku wallets are awesome =D
    I also own one =D

Do you use yours? I don't plan on using mine... I don't want it to get ruined.

Funny thing, if you pronounce manga in the same way as Japan does (with the hard 'g') over here, it means mango instead. Hence why if I ever say manga, it'll be in a soft 'g'.

yay mangoes

Because I'm too lazy to take pictures and the position of the bookshelf in my room is in a place with low light, I'll just show these off:

Spoiler:

Also, sorting out the merch is a hassle.

And maybe someday I'll show off the rest of the stuff I have stockpiled over the past 2 years. Look forward to August~ P:

Is it just me, or are those a little on the thin side? They look thinner than DVD cases. I've seen Magi in stores here and I could have sworn the English volumes were twice the size of a typical DVD case...

Candy

Years
  • Is it just me, or are those a little on the thin side? They look thinner than DVD cases. I've seen Magi in stores here and I could have sworn the English volumes were twice the size of a typical DVD case...

Maybe it's the paper? I don't really know though. :/

Anyway, guess who just found her camera?

Check it out, clearer pictures~

I really want to upload some merch and fan-merch I have, but internet is being so damn laggy right now. P:

Years
  • Maybe it's the paper? I don't really know though. :/

Anyway, guess who just found her camera?

Check it out, clearer pictures~

I really want to upload some merch and fan-merch I have, but internet is being so damn laggy right now. P:

I may have figured it out after looking at your album. They are thinner, but they're also taller than the manga volumes we get in the west. Ours are closer to the size of your Penguin Summer book.

Quite the impressive collection you have from what's been photographed!

Yep. I'm using it. Previously I used Code Geass wallet but it was kinda small so I now use the Miku wallet because it's bigger.

But you're ruining them! D:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • My turn to show off? Lol
    I got a Cheeze Plushie from AX14. Totally love that place! Props if you know were its from :)
    Spoiler:

Candy

Years
  • I may have figured it out after looking at your album. They are thinner, but they're also taller than the manga volumes we get in the west. Ours are closer to the size of your Penguin Summer book.

Quite the impressive collection you have from what's been photographed!

Oh really? Here they're about 11 cm x 17 cm (I don't feel like taking a ruler to measure them) if you want to know the specifics... wait, I thought manga tankobons has a set number of pages. :/

That Penguin Summer is the only LN I have managed to find here. I'm hoping they'll do another one soon, 'cause from what I've seen the anime/manga fans are enthusiastic for LNs. Not a really good story imo.

And thanks. P:

Bangladeshi

I sell cookies
    Years
  • Sadly, I don't own DVDs etc
    My Anime and Manga Collections are in my Hard disks
    Maybe, Animes are Around 300GBs and Mangas are around 5GBs!
    That's all minna!

Years
  • Nah, they are durable :D

But, but, the imagery will fade! D:

Oh really? Here they're about 11 cm x 17 cm (I don't feel like taking a ruler to measure them) if you want to know the specifics... wait, I thought manga tankobons has a set number of pages. :/

That Penguin Summer is the only LN I have managed to find here. I'm hoping they'll do another one soon, 'cause from what I've seen the anime/manga fans are enthusiastic for LNs. Not a really good story imo.

And thanks. P:

The bulk of American ones are 13cm x 19cm with most being ~1.5cm thick at the binding (5in x 8.5in with a 5/8in binding for those using imperial). And I think they are a set number of pages, though some text only omake found in the Japanese prints probably change page totals based on the language and region they're in.

Penguin Summer is honestly one I've never heard of, myself. We occasionally get LNs here, it's just a matter of being able to find the ones we do get.

My turn to show off? Lol
    I got a Cheeze Plushie from AX14. Totally love that place! Props if you know were its from :)
    Spoiler:

I.... don't remember him at all in the English dub. Oh dear. Cool thing you have, though!

Back again, this time with a faster internet~

Spoiler:

Also, random bonus:
    Spoiler:

Nice collection. Those keys must have been positively expensive and a pain to find!

Anyway, I've got more! Some of this came in on an order from RightStuf, while the Mononoke DVD I found at Half-Price books while trying to hunt down some LNs (which I failed to find):

First up, a Panty & Stocking 3-ring binder. Thought this was something else when I ordered it, whoops. Oh well, it's pretty cool still.
    Spoiler:

Up next, OreImo Season 1 Box Set and then a $1 blind bag clearance goodie, that turned out to be the first volume of a Macross series from ADV.
    Spoiler:

And the third thing, the Mononoke DVD I mentioned earlier. This expands my Miyazaki film collection by one.
    Spoiler:

Candy

Years
  • FT keys are win! =D

You reminded me that I also own FMA watch :D I have anthracite one though =D

I have to hunt for the remaining 3 zodiac keys as well, someday~ =D

I was so tempted to get the FMA though, but alas... like I said, no money. :'D

The bulk of American ones are 13cm x 19cm with most being ~1.5cm thick at the binding (5in x 8.5in with a 5/8in binding for those using imperial). And I think they are a set number of pages, though some text only omake found in the Japanese prints probably change page totals based on the language and region they're in.

Penguin Summer is honestly one I've never heard of, myself. We occasionally get LNs here, it's just a matter of being able to find the ones we do get.

Nice collection. Those keys must have been positively expensive and a pain to find!

Doesn't that mean that Indonesian ones are shorter? Not counting the R18+ ones because those are taller than the average ones here. Ah well, let's stop talking about the thin binders. I can at least attest that all the omakes are there as well. P:

Penguin Summer... honestly, I've never heard of it before I saw it. But then I saw the Light Novel tag on the cover and my mind just screamed out, "OMG there's a LN translator in Indonesia now?". I'm still waiting for a new release though. :'>

They came in a set, and it was when I was visiting a stand during a Japanese con that was held in a university's Japanese Culture building (which, I'm glad to be part of said university, 'cause that means I can just walk to the area in between classes. P:). Bought it on an impulse, 'cause I thought that I'll never get a chance to get a full complete (at the time) set in the future. It was so wallet-draining. P':

And this is what I envy about most of you. No matter what, I'll never be able to buy legit DVDs of Anime and I can only stick with bootlegs... which I rather not buy since they're pirated anyway and I'd rather pirate myself than buying something pirated by others, 'cause that'll just support the piraters and not the company that produces it. It's better not to purchase than to purchase, 'cause that way the piraters won't get money for their illegal stuff. :'D

I want a DVD collection myself though.

At least there's plenty of manga releases here, so I'm still supporting the mangakas. P:

And a side note: I'm not joining this year's Anime Festival Asia (too bad, I wanna get more gachapons as well as go to Danny Choo's booth again this year), so I'm not getting any goodies this year. :'>

Years
  • Nah, imagery is durable as well =D

Well, I don't trust it to be that durable, so I'll just stash mine away in a safe place!

Penguin Summer... honestly, I've never heard of it before I saw it. But then I saw the Light Novel tag on the cover and my mind just screamed out, "OMG there's a LN translator in Indonesia now?". I'm still waiting for a new release though. :'>

That moment when discovering something you thought wasn't sold in your country/area is always a fun one.

They came in a set, and it was when I was visiting a stand during a Japanese con that was held in a university's Japanese Culture building (which, I'm glad to be part of said university, 'cause that means I can just walk to the area in between classes. P:). Bought it on an impulse, 'cause I thought that I'll never get a chance to get a full complete (at the time) set in the future. It was so wallet-draining. P':

Impulse buying is a problem for me, haha.

And this is what I envy about most of you. No matter what, I'll never be able to buy legit DVDs of Anime and I can only stick with bootlegs... which I rather not buy since they're pirated anyway and I'd rather pirate myself than buying something pirated by others, 'cause that'll just support the piraters and not the company that produces it. It's better not to purchase than to purchase, 'cause that way the piraters won't get money for their illegal stuff. :'D

I want a DVD collection myself though.

Solution when you get a job: buy a region unlocked DVD player and import DVDs! You should probably be careful with what you import, though, since isn't Indonesia an Islamic republic? Or am I mistaken and it just happens to be majority Muslim?

At least there's plenty of manga releases here, so I'm still supporting the mangakas. P:

Always good to be supporting those guys!

And a side note: I'm not joining this year's Anime Festival Asia (too bad, I wanna get more gachapons as well as go to Danny Choo's booth again this year), so I'm not getting any goodies this year. :'>

None at all? D:

Back