• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text change after first interaction

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    So I have a guard ask a yes or no question. I want it so if you say no the first time then go back to the same guard he will say something different along with the yes or no question.

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
  • When the player chooses 'no' turn a self switch on. Then make a new event page with the self switch on and the new text.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Your mother does this in the example maps. As does Kurt.on Route 1. Basic RMXP knowledge, which it is recommended to have before starting to use Essentials.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Where would you suggest I start with learning the basics of RMXP?

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    The first thing you should do, is get familiar with events since this will take most of your attention.
    (broken link removed)

Now, rpgmakerxp uses a coding language called Ruby. I believe there are some tutorials online about this. I'm afraid I don't have any links for you.
    Good luck on your game.

Back