• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Textbox Help (XSE)

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    I'm trying to write a code for a battle and for some reason after he says the first text box in the pre battle script it erases the rest of the dialogue and replaces it with the after battle script. If you look below, it changes my script after compiling and when I reopen I see the ........hm added on the end.

'---------------
    #org 0x23CA49
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x126 0x0 0x823CB14 0x823CB58
    msgbox 0x823CB75 MSG_NORMAL '"RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\..."
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x23CB14
    = RED: Well if it isn't the champ!\pI was on my way to KANTO just now.\n.................. hmmm

#org 0x23CB58
    = .................. hmmm

#org 0x23CB75
    = RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\nneed more training.\pMaybe Mt. Silver?\nHmm.... \p[player]!!!\n Keep training and keep battling. The POKéMON\p world is big and full of challenges!\n BON VOYAGE!

Lazy Catalyst

What you do, the way you think, makes you differen
    Years
  • I'm trying to write a code for a battle and for some reason after he says the first text box in the pre battle script it erases the rest of the dialogue and replaces it with the after battle script. If you look below, it changes my script after compiling and when I reopen I see the ........hm added on the end.

'---------------
    #org 0x23CA49
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x126 0x0 0x823CB14 0x823CB58
    msgbox 0x823CB75 MSG_NORMAL '"RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\..."
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x23CB14
    = RED: Well if it isn't the champ!\pI was on my way to KANTO just now.\n.................. hmmm

#org 0x23CB58
    = .................. hmmm

#org 0x23CB75
    = RED: Wow, you beat me. It seems I\nneed more training.\pMaybe Mt. Silver?\nHmm.... \p[player]!!!\n Keep training and keep battling. The POKéMON\p world is big and full of challenges!\n BON VOYAGE!

Here is a demo 0x0 trainer battle script -

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 0x0 0X03B 0x0 @introtext @wintext
    msgbox @alreadydefeated 0x6
    release
    end

#org @alreadydefeated
    = Congrats \v\h01 you won,\nNext time when we battle I will\ldefeat you for sure!

#org @wintext
    = We will battle again next time\n\v\h01!

#org @introtext
    = Get ready to lose \v\h01!!!

Hope it helps!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Works
    Ash Sprite For You

Years
    • Seen today
    @Alan Flygon

No, that script will crash the game... You shoudn't use the lock and faceplayer commands along with the trainerbattle command. Once the trainer sees you the game will crash.

@babyswagmonster

You should indeed use dynamic offsets, make a script something like this for a trainer:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2018
    @Alan Flygon

No, that script will crash the game... You shoudn't use the lock and faceplayer commands along with the trainerbattle command. Once the trainer sees you the game will crash.

@babyswagmonster

You should indeed use dynamic offsets, make a script something like this for a trainer:

Spoiler:

The dynamic still doesn't help. When I compile the script. This.....

#org 0x23CB14
    = RED: Well if it isn't the champ!\nI was on my way to KANTO just now.\pLet us fight!

#org 0x23CB58
    = How................

Becomes this....

#org 0x23CB14
    = RED: Well if it isn't the champ!\nI was on my way to KANTO just now.\pHow................

#org 0x23CB58
    = How................

So something is glitching put past the intro text.

Last edited:
    Back