• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'm not sure why, but I remember him being quite easy to take out. I think I need to play through again because I can't remember anything about the games. -.- What I do remember is that he knocked out a fair number of my Pokemon but I managed to defeat him without too much difficulty. My team wasn't that suited to take on the Pokemon League at the time; it was just highly levelled up so that it could take out any Pokemon it encountered in a couple of combined hits. Ghestis' team was quite powerful, but I beat it in one go. :3

Years
    I'm not sure why, but I remember him being quite easy to take out. I think I need to play through again because I can't remember anything about the games. -.- What I do remember is that he knocked out a fair number of my Pokemon but I managed to defeat him without too much difficulty. My team wasn't that suited to take on the Pokemon League at the time; it was just highly levelled up so that it could take out any Pokemon it encountered in a couple of combined hits. Ghestis' team was quite powerful, but I beat it in one go. :3
    Ah, same here as it was a cakewalk for mee (n n)

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    So wait, was Gothitelle really that boss? Is there something about it I'm missing? lol. I didnt think a psychic type would help much against ghetis.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
    My team was a little underleveled, and my Samurott was (and still is) in the Dream World, because our network was down, when I got to the E4. What the heck, I thought, and I went with my somewhat underleveled team of 5. Ghetisis wasn't too much trouble, though, but of course, at that point, my team had the nice addition of Zekrom... Which wasn't much help against Hydreigon, though. Ferrothorn acted as a - very - decent staller, whenever I needed to revive or restore, and Darmanitan completely owned Hydreigon with Superpower.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Its cool :3 I never really use dragons myself, to me its kinda like using h4x or being too lazy or noncreative to make a team of non Overpowered pokemon.

Blazer561

»★BLAZΣR★«
    Years
    His pokemon's moves were very diverse for getting weaknesses against people, especially that Hydreigon. His Electross was also pretty annoying with that levitate giving it no weakness. The 4 full restores he had caused problems for me too though. =/
    I found Ghetsis to be pretty easy. However, I already had 4 legendary pokemon (Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Victini) plus Zekrom before getting to him and a Samurott lvl 61 I think, giving me a little advantage. lol

Years
    Its cool :3 I never really use dragons myself, to me its kinda like using h4x or being too lazy or noncreative to make a team of non Overpowered pokemon.

I have Hydreigon because I think she's a cutie. Hydreigon deserves it's praise. So does Gothitelle. She deserves some praise. I used her to beat Hydreigon and she WON! Can Chandelure do that? Or Reinculus?

Not trying to bash other Pokemo because i like them too but those 2 are so overrated it's not funny XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I see GOthi as a more defensive REin, but I like that more than offense. But IDK if thats truly the case between the two :3

Though I wish Gothi was pure dark, or even dark psychic.

Years
    I see GOthi as a more defensive REin, but I like that more than offense. But IDK if thats truly the case between the two :3

Though I wish Gothi was pure dark, or even dark psychic.
    I'd perfer if Gothitelle was Psychic/Fighting. Because her being a dark type would take away her ability to beat the big bulky Pokemon such as Sawk or Conkledurr. Fighting suits her better since she already can learn two fighting moves that pass for mixed martial arts moves. Plus dark types are useless with the exception of Hydreigon and Bisharp.

If only she can learn Close Combat or Jump Kick or other martial arts moves, she could beat Hydreigon in one hit! I beat it in 4 hits.

Years
    WHich two can she learn already? I assume FOcus Blast is one..

She can't learn Focus Blast. And Focus Blast is useless since it has 30% accuracy. My Vanilluxe from my old team avoided Hydreigon's attack because of it's low accuracy.

I was talking about Brick Break and Low Sweep. If I had LS maybe Hydreigon's speed could have been lower than mine since it reduces speed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    FB is only 30% accuracy? D:
    And are physical moves a good idea on her though? Mine only has 2 damaging moves, both being special...
    But I do love low sweep. My sableye uses it nicely..

Years
    FB is only 30% accuracy? D:
    And are physical moves a good idea on her though? Mine only has 2 damaging moves, both being special...
    But I do love low sweep. My sableye uses it nicely..
    Tis 70%... but it still misses.

As fer physical moves... I think it ish because mines work as well as Sawk or Emboar's moves. (n n). In short, Gothitelle can fight like a man unlike most Pokemon her type.

Low sweep is awesome. I should have used that against Hydreigon. (9 9)

Crystalized

Waiting For RSE Remake
    Years
    My Haxorus destroyed his entire team, that'll teach Cofagrigus to use Protect and Psychic while I set up 4 Dragon Dances. My Haxorus was specially tailored for the battle, with the moves Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw (Hydreigon, Seismetoad and Eelektross), Brick Break (Bisharp and Boffurant) and Earthquake (Cofagrigus, though Mummy on Haxorus sucked).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Although the discussion just passed, I want to remind everyone that you need to post only about your battle with Ghetsis, and not discuss the stats of those you used to battle him. :D You only really need to post once, and anything after that isn't really needed, since this is somewhat a post-and-go thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I found the battle with Ghetsis to be pretty difficult, but not very difficult. I only had to restart it one time, so I was fine. The only problem I had was with Eelektross, because it had no type weakness basically, and my Pokémon weren't very effective against it. Even if I could find a Pokémon that did normal damage, it would take a long time, but I eventually beat it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    if i wouldnt have had hyper potions and revives, i might have lost, damn hydregion

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    I found that, as you get a free lucky egg in the story, I was constantly over-leveled because of it, so I basically steam rolled everyone, Ghestis included.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    That stupid Hydreigon KO'd my entire team twice. I only finally won when I lured it out early, before any damage could be done, and somehow avoided Focus Blast enough to kill it with Vanillish.

Back