• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

Years
  • All except Hydreigon were super easy. Well, Bouffalant was a bit difficult but because Emboar had Rocky Helmet at the time and because of recoil it was taken out very quickly.
    Hydreigon was hard. But thanks to my male Haxorus and his Rivalry and Choice Scarf (he has Quiet nature) I OHKOed him.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    I lost to him and stupidly saved the game after.

What do I do now? it says i cant enter the league right now.

:(

There is suppose to be a Team Plasma member inside the pokemon center next to the league. He can teleport you into the building when you talk to him.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
  • I died three times consecutively when trying to beat Ghetsis. My solution?

I used Reshiram against the coffin thing at the beginning of the battle, spammed X Specials and X Speeds while the thing kept poisoning me, and then sweeped his entire team with Fusion Flare and Dragonbreath.

By far the least dramatic champion battle I had ever done.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I found Ghetis to be pretty difficult, which was a shock since I hadn't had much trouble at all prior to that battle.

I managed to get lucky with Hydreigon but it was his Eelektross that knocked out a few of my pokemon and started making things look a bit dodgy.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Ghetsis was really hard for me too, I had to use max revives a few times while trying to beat his Hydreigon. Though, his Pokemon were also about 10 levels higher than most of mine

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • My Samurott had Blizzard and I had two Pokemon with Brick Break so it was okay. but his eel thingy was a killer :O

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It took me 3 times to beat him. His Hydreigon was also the only pokemon I had trouble with aswell. I it took out with Zekrom by luck.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I haven't even gotten to this fight yet. I'm dreading it though. Although a lot of people were saying they used Scrafty's High Jump Kick, and I have that, so I might be Ok.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I swich into Sawsbuck and Hydragon uses Fire Blast -- resonable, it is a Dragon.

I switch into Darmanitan and Hydragon uses Surf. WTF!!! Took me completely by suprise.

Lucky my Musharna was able to take three hits before needing a heal.

That one pokemon took 6 of my Max Revives.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Some of his pokemon was difficult, but thanks to one Ice Beam from Vanilluxe his Hydregion was done. His Cofagrigus was a killer though, I had my Scrafty take care of him.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    T'was easy. I had a Beartic. Level 55 + Icicle something = instant KO. I managed to beat him without even getting one of my pokes below orange health.

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Ghetsis? You mean that sage guy I smited? Wasn't hard at all for me. Samurott @ Level 64 = win.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen today
    Ghetsis wasn't the difficult one for me
    The ghost Elite4 was hell to me

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2012
    That final battle with Ghetsis.

I found all his pokemon easy to take out. Other than that overpowered Hydreigon. It's crazy speed and special attack made my pokemon a piece of cake to take out. My strategy was to use my Unfezzant attack with fly,(because it took out a third of Hydreigon's hp) then switch out for another pokemon and heal Unfezzant. Howeve this took awhile due to the Full Restore spamming.

Anyways, did anyone else have trouble taking the hydreigon down?

Same here, N was pretty easy but Ghetsis with his Hydreigon was a beast.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    N wasn't too difficult. But Ghetsis had my heart pumping. I usually don't believe in using legendaries on my team but I did those too battles. My strategy was use my Haxorus, dragon dance, switch out, switch back in Haxorus, dragon dance and sweep... That worked for three of his pokemon and then he sent out that darn beast of a dark/dragon pokemon... Then it was pure luck that it never got int the red so he didn't use full restores.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I had way more trouble against N actually, but I digress. His Hydreigon was my main problem as you say. I eventually managed to defeat it using a combination a powerful hit from my Reuniclus' Ice-Type Hidden Power (a bloody god-send) and my Archeops superior speed.
    Other than that my freshly evolved Scrafty (I didn't let him evolve till just as I entered the League at Lv 50) managed to take down the rest of his team with relative ease, although he did manage to take himself out once by missing Hydeigon with Hi Jump Kick XD

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Just beat Ghetsis around an hour ago, and I had so much trouble with his Hydreigon that I was worried I was using an under leveled team/just being generally pathetic at Pokemon lol. I tried to use Zekrom on it, but the Hydreigon's ridiculously high speed was all "LOL NO DRAGON BREATH FOR YOUUUU" and KO'd Zekrom within one hit with Dragon Pulse. :/

Everything else but that Hydreigon was cake. Except before that battle, Marshal was a pain for me, even when I was using Reuniclus. Darn U-Turn.

Years
  • I got lucky against Cofagrigus, because I led with Ferrathorn and at the time I didn't realise that his Cofagrigus couldn't do crap to a steel-type. Cursed up and took out Cofagrigus and Seismitoad. I wasn't sure if Hydreigon had a fire attack so I kept Ferrathorn in because I didn't wanna lose my stat boosts, but Fire Blast OHKOd it. I think Emboar took out everything else with Brick Break, except Eelektross, which Musharna put to sleep and Psychic'd to death. All in all, not very hard.

Back