• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen That final battle with Ghetsis

marcc5m

what
Years
  • Hydreigon killed all of my Pokemon. Thank God for revives and Hyper Potions, otherwise I would've lost. Also I think my Garbodor managed to poison it too. The rest of his team was laughable though :\

Last edited:
    Years
  • i havent beat him yet. my pokemon are level 51-52, but that triple headed dragon is destroying me every time. and i have a feeling that even if i beat the dragon, my team will be so decimated that i would get beaten

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • His Hydreigon was horrible! It took out 5 of my Pokemon! Actually, make that all of my Pokemon and I just kept reviving them. My Serperior was a life-saver. Even though Grass-types don't do well against Dragon, and Hydreigon has Flamethrower, my Serperior beat the crap outta him. His Hydreigon was second to the last of his Pokemon, and his last one was Archeops, and since I have one on my team, defeating Ghetsis was a piece of cake.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Took me forever! But my Pokémon were underleveled, so I see why, I guess. :c

Years
  • It wasn't difficult for me, Hydreigon was easily taken down by Sawsbuck's Jump Kick after living a Flamethrower

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I was down to my Samurott when he sent this thing out. He used Dragon Pulse on me, and I only had abut 20 HP left. I use Surf, and that does about a 1/5 damage. He uses Focus Blast, and misses. I use Surf, and that does another 1/5. He keeps usng Focus Blast until I took it down with Surf. Ghetsis must be stupid to let me do that, haha!

G0D M0DE

Chimpokomon Trainer
    Years
  • Hahah, yes. That was the only one of his I had difficulty taking down.
    Luckily my Haxorus managed to take it.

Happy Fun Cat

The Most Adorable
    Years
  • His fight was painfully easy on my Black and I was underleveled, when I was on my White and went up against him, I was 50ish and he was oneshotting every one of my pokemon ._. I had a powerhouse team but the worse special def and speed you have ever seen so Dragon Pulse went through my team like it was nothing. Lucky, he hit my Cofagrigus and Mummy was placed on him. Then I got to thinking of a funny way to beat him, so I revived Excadrill and used Earthquake :3

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Hydreigon is quite easy because I have an electric-type pokemon in my team... Rather, the hardest for me (and until now I can't beat Ghetsis because of this bastard) is the blue toad that makes rain to UP his speed and use muddy water. All the pokemon in my team has a weakness against water and ground... So I am training a new grass-type pokemon just to beat the s*** out of this guy...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Eaasy, well, the hardest was Cofagrigus because it was against Zekrom I had to capture and... yeah. Zekrom was really useless. XD; But as soon as I swapped to my main two, then I easily beat the rest - mostly using fighting type moves.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Hydreigon is quite easy because I have an electric-type pokemon in my team... Rather, the hardest for me (and until now I can't beat Ghetsis because of this bastard) is the blue toad that makes rain to UP his speed and use muddy water. All the pokemon in my team has a weakness against water and ground... So I am training a new grass-type pokemon just to beat the s*** out of this guy...

lol You should know, Hydreigon is part Dragon, meaning it's resistant to Electric type moves. They only do half the damage.

Years
  • My only gripe with this battle was the music was no where near as dramatic enough, Didn't match the climax of the story.

Years
  • The final battle was fairly easy imo. The Hydreigon was kinda tough to take down actually cuz it was constantly spamming surf on me an it was doing quite a bit of damage to all my pokemon. Also those full restores that Ghetis had weren't making things any easier

JacOat12

A red dragon with a nice hat
    Years
  • I can't remember what pokemon he sent in(Zekrom killed his Cofifgrus), but it allowed me to get two DDs off with Haxorus and completely sweep him. Personally, N was harder...

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Finally beat Ghetsis!

Ghetsis was annoyingly hard to fight, and honestly one of the hardest bosses in the pokemon games (his Hydregion was the main problem >_<).

So, this morning (after multiple failed attempts beating him) I was surprised the Ghetsis didn't teach his Hydregion dark type moves since it took more than one hit for him to beat my reuniclus and having Unfezant finish the dragon off. When i got to his Eelektross, i thought i was screwed since Eelektross has Levitate. Then, the strangest thing happened... My Excadrill, Monty, took down that slimey eel with a X - Siccor. Talk about a close call

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • For the Hydreigon, I just sent out Throh and Revenged it in the face. Not too hard, although it took me a couple of tries to make it to that conclusion. XD

Yeah, it was hard, but Alder was harder.

Back